Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news about Rodman.  (Read 12117 times)
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:28:38 AM »

I talked to Terry Marcums today " Atv dealer in palatka , knows the area " and this is what he told me . A week or so ago , a youg child on an atv " mini" was struck by another full sized atv at high speed and had to be life flighted out . It happened in the pit .He spoke to a Game warden that says the ohv traffic has increased drammatically over the year and people from out of town a not showing any respect or courtesy to their fellow riders , rcing on the pavement ,etc.. The warden said " if people so much as look funny around the pit you will get a ticket ." They are going to try to close the area down to OHV all together . It will probably be a good idea not to hang out at the pit  or do any kind of high speed riding in the area around the pit . Everyone who planned to " including myslef " would be well advised to stay as far from the pit as possible . I going on a good old fashioned high speed trail ride just like I used to . Please reconsider any media attention , It probably would not be to our benefit "loud pipes , dual riders etc ..."  Ther is some great riding in the trails away from the pit . You can bet the officials know we are coming . This is a warning.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
miamiblaster

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 09:25:47 AM »

aww man this really sucks well i to was planing on doing some drag races at the pit.  Cry well i guy we can race some where else or just hit some fast trails

I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:39:36 AM »

The fast trail rides are alot of fun . I shure hope they  dont close the area . We used to race in the pit alot but it would only be 5 or 6 quads . If it were 15 or 20 it would make the pit very dangerous . Maybe we should live the pit to the little guys and the less experienced riders who dont think they can do the whole trail ride thing .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
RnkOutlaw

Git R Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:23:04 AM »

Why are you not allowed to ride at the pit?

Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 10:33:37 AM »

You are . but the pit will only handle so many quads .A child was seriously injured by a sport quad hitting him in the side at 60 . The wardens will be very touchy, so I am getting out of their sight.

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 10:42:05 AM »

sorry if I offend anyone, but screw that, stay with our original plans, there are enough of us good riders that pay attention and watch out that we should not have those problems.

let's have the drag races, let's have the track races, what would we be doing illegal?

I've been planning on this ride since the last one, and we have people even coming in from out of state, there is no way anyone is gonna be able to tell them to keep the fun stuff out of the pit.

Rodman is the only pit big enough to fit all of us in without a HUGE crowding issue in ONF.

by the way, how is Terry, last I saw he was in a wheelchair?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 10:59:15 AM »

Isn't there a speed limit , sound db rating , spark arrestor requirement for the ONF. I know that they have never enforced it but should the opportunity for them to show the media that they are doing their jobs comes along .........I have thousands of miles in the area and no tickets , I am just going to do what used to work for me . I dont want to be a poster child for taking away our riding areas . I'm going deep .
He sounded good , said he will peobably bring a 450r I guess the leg is better .
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 11:01:17 AM by J.D. » Logged

RnkOutlaw

Git R Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 11:02:44 AM »

Im with Ida Mann if its allowed to ride at the pit there is nothing they can do to you if your not doing any thing wrong.
If Its perfectly legal to ride they cant say a damn thing. Its not are fault some eles does not know how to drive

Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 11:08:07 AM »

Isn't there a speed limit , sound db rating , spark arrestor requirement for the ONF. I know that they have never enforced it but should the opportunity for them to show the media that they are doing their jobs comes along .........I have thousands of miles in the area and no tickets , I am just going to do what used to work for me . I dont want to be a poster child for taking away our riding areas . I'm going deep .
He sounded good , said he will peobably bring a 450r I guess the leg is better .

cool, he sold me the rear tires I got on my quad,,,,after seeing the Baja quad he's got in the showroom with the Holeshots on them,,,,I was sold.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 11:41:08 AM »

I've drooled over that Cannondale once or twice myself . I didn't want to sound too pessimestic " or try to spell it " But we all need to be a little cautious considering the recent events . I doubt if they have a Db measuring device but officers could get a good veiw of us in the pit with a radar gun, and I don't have a spark arrestor on my yfz .

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 11:52:35 AM »

hey, if they show me the law book, or the code that say I can't do a certain speed, or go over a certain Db,,,,then I'll follow it, but I'm not gonna let them be jerks without pushing back, thats what they want is to be a cop and everyone bow to their personal wishes.

aint gonna happen with me

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 12:04:33 PM »

I know what you mean . I guess i'll just have to feel it out . I used to have a great time racing in the pit . I probably saw you there , if you were one of the regs . I ride a white yfz and my boy rides a Predaturd . It's been 6 mos since I left the area though .

jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 12:05:23 PM »

I have to say that I agree with the Ida_Man. I have been waiting for this to happen for what seems like forever. As long as everyone is cool and does what is right there should be no problems with the rangers. No rideing on the hard road, and slow in the parking area things that we all know we are expected to do. The big thing respect each other and no one should have a problem. I also do not see why we can not have pulls drags or whatever as long as it is done in an adult (old man coming out) way.  Huh Huh Huh

Jim Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i have to say that I agree with the

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 12:12:07 PM »

Hey, Everyone just be aware that riding in ONF, you are required to have spark arrestors on your quad, bike. If you stop at any of the info stations they will tell you that and they also say to wear a helmet!?!. I do not have them on my BAJA but the last time I was at Lk.Delancy the game wardon was deffinetly LOOKING at my bike!, don`t know if it was because of the dual exhaust or what. My wife & I was planning on going on the ride, hopefully meet some new faces,alot of peaple know us from Saltsdale Drags. Look forward to seeing you all there.

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 12:21:34 PM »

well, I'm good on the spark arrester,,,it has a sticker that says something like "US approved spark arrester" or something,,,,unless I scratched it off.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
miamiblaster

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 12:57:47 PM »

Well i guess the races are still on Grin Grin Grin Grin

I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 02:21:48 PM »

Ida man had a point about the rodman pit being the only pit big enough to handle all of us . The thing is , there are alot of pits in the area but unfortunatly they are all closed up . So I guess rodman will have to handle the riders all by itself. To bad all the real agressive riders cant go to the pits that would be to extreme for the younger riders . " saftey first , RIGHT "

dreth

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

i say that if the drag racers are really dedicated and want to make it safe then they should go to home depot and buy some of that bright colored survey marking tape and a few stakes and rope off a strip and keep a few spotters up and down the strip watching for cross cutters.
it may cost 20 or 30 bucks but if it saves 1 accident it will be worth it and if everyone chips in a few dollars its nothing.
just my thoughts and by all means have fun, thats what we came to do Grin

i also feel that high speeds around the pit trails could get harry in a head-on kinda way so please , lets all becareful Cool
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 06:37:43 PM »

I have like 4 bundles of posts .

Super Dave

THE GRASS IS ALLWAYS GREEN ON MY SIDE!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »

I have a roll of yellow caution tap 3". I'm not going but uall can have it Gregg T is going and i live in cape coral he can stop by and pick it up.he can call my cell 239-340-4424                                                                                                                                                                             SAFETY FIRST
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 07:35:00 PM by David_M » Logged

02' ex 400 stock kinda it looks stock
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 03:46:08 AM »

yeah baby,,,,drag strip markers, I like it, too bad I'm selling the paddle tires ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 03:57:21 AM »

yeah baby,,,,drag strip markers, I like it, too bad I'm selling the paddle tires ;-)

Id@

That's OK I bet they'll get plenty of use! lol Wink

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 04:06:46 AM »

maybe I'll sell 'em AFTER the drags ;-)

or some kind soul would let me borrow them for the drags ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 04:11:02 AM »

or some kind soul would let me borrow them for the drags ;-)

Id@

Sounds good and when your through I'll bolt them up and run a few times.  Wink

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2005, 04:24:14 AM »

Sounds good and when your through I'll bolt them up and run a few times.  Wink

what you need to do is make a few runs, THEN bolt on the paddles,,,and make a few more runs.

it will amaze you.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com