Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: registration decals  (Read 7098 times)
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

just what do our anual registration decals do for us in florida

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
BADAZZ750

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 08:12:21 PM »

ARE YOU SURE WE HAVE TO RENEW THEM BECAUSE THERE IS NO DATE ON MINE. Huh

05 BRUTE FORCE 750 WITH 27`S (MINE)        05 POLARIS PREDATOR 50 (DAUGHTERS)
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 08:33:17 PM »

No need to renew.  They're a one time purchase.  However, if you lose it and want to replace it, a new sticker will cost you 4.00 (same as the original). The form states that $2.50 of the $4.00 is for the Agency fee and $1.50 is a title fee.  For such a small fee, I can't see that even if the money went somewhere to provide lands for us that it would be of much use. If nothing else, it could provide some insight for the county/state as to how many Off Highway Vehicles there are in the respective areas. (dealer sales are probably a better gauge going forward anyway)  However, my local tax collectors office has done so few of them, it took 3 clerks to put together the entire registration process.  This tells me the registration process is not being very well utilized yet.  It could be lack of most folks even knowing its available and to the earlier point....where does the money go?    Huh

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
suburbangirl

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 06:21:39 PM »

I recently put my registration sticker on my wheeler.  I was told that alot of riding areas such as croom, Ocala, etc. are going to require you to have your atv registered.  Another thing I was told that it's a way for the state to kind of track your wheeler if it's stolen or if there is an accident and such.  The sticker stays on your atv and when you sell the atv then the person who purchased your atv will have to register the atv in there name therefore getting a new sticker to put over the old one.  I just think it's another way for Florida to make money because they started realizing how many atv's are being sold and they have to put their fingers in the koolaid to ya know. Wink
qt314nfla

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 06:25:44 PM »

Only one problem.  People already steal the stickers you have to put on your vehicle license plates.  They will steal these too.  So when they show up w/ a sticker they won't be thoroughly checked.  I use an exacto knife and cut my car sticker so if it's removed it will difficult to put back together.  I don't think the stickers will do any good.  I think the department that is checking for stolen quads will get lax.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »

If nothing else, it could provide some insight for the county/state as to how many Off Highway Vehicles there are in the respective areas. (dealer sales are probably a better gauge going forward anyway) 

You could be onto somethere there. That may be why other states have all the riding areas and Florida does not have as many. People going out of state to purchase a quad to save money on their quads the taxes makes other states look like there are mpre riders in their state and less riders in Florida. We may save $500 or $1,000 out of state and it is a lot of money but we spend more then that getting to some of the places over time by having to drive 200 or 300 just to ride what we have. Lets look at this issue people. If 5,000 quads are purchased out of state that is 5,000 not counted in Florida.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 06:56:13 PM »

But then again, quite a few people I know who went out of state to purchase a year ago are now getting tax bills from FL Dept of Revenue.  One guy has already sold his ATV and now has a tax bill to pay.
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »

as a kid i grew up in wisconsin as long as u had a up to date registration tag u were basicly free to roam on state land it was just the norm.
thats how we paid to use a atv on there land i understand the registration for idenifing a bike but i cannot see any other reason or any other benifit

05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 08:09:53 PM »

Will they be required to be in the open? Us race guys could very easy have our plastics changed in a matter of 30 minutes. Do they recommend an area for it?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
FlyingDog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:39:14 PM »

Only one problem.  People already steal the stickers you have to put on your vehicle license plates.  They will steal these too.  So when they show up w/ a sticker they won't be thoroughly checked.  I use an exacto knife and cut my car sticker so if it's removed it will difficult to put back together.  I don't think the stickers will do any good.  I think the department that is checking for stolen quads will get lax.

I just got my stickers and they have the VIN number, Title number, and Issue date right on the sticker. I'm sure you are right about them not being thoroughly checked, but it looks like they've made it a bit easier to.

I'm wondering where I'm going to put the thing.

Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 07:35:13 PM »

I haven't been around in a while what are these stickers for ? And where do I get them for my Quads ?
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 09:02:42 PM »

This Website should help you all with the stickers.  I'm going tomorrow to get mine.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/OHVGuide.pdf
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 07:57:21 PM »

You get the stickers at the same office where you register all your vehicles. I just registered a new quad today and when she printed out the title sticker I asked her to print one out for each of my other two bikes. $4.50  each.
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »

Got my stickers today but no one knew where on the atv to put them . Anybody here know where they are to be placed ?
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 06:07:41 PM »

behind your left knee (when sitting on your bike) fender facing foeward

05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
1Scorpion