Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Introduction - Need Boots!  (Read 2810 times)
FlyingDog

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:24:33 PM »

Hi there...I'm new to the ATV scene and I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Rob and I have a 9 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. Santa  Wink brought us a family of Honda's including a '06 TRX450ER, '06 TRX250EX, and a '06 TRX90EX. None of us have ever owned ATV's but we have been riding with some friends. We fell in love with it and felt it would be a great thing to do as a family. My wife plans on doing some riding as well, but will probably switch off with our son for now.

We invested in quite a bit of gear including jersey's, pants, boots, helmets, goggles, gloves, and roost protectors. However, I'm having trouble finding a pair of boots that will fit me comfortably. I typically wear a 10.5 wide boot / shoe and I haven't found any boots that have wide sizes. Does anyone know of a boot that runs wide?

The place I bought the ATV's didnt' have much in stock but I tried on an 11 FOX Tracker that was too narrow and I tried on a Sidi 11.5 that was just too long. I also tried on an Alpinestars Tech 10 , size 10 and I couldn't even get my foot in the boot. I also tried to put a Fly Talon 11 on and couldn't get my foot in the boot either.

I'd like to stay in the $100 - $200 range.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob

Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX
rappy350

faster than yours

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 04:31:07 PM »

welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy the sport

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
 Big Red (sister in-laws)
Crispy

2005 400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 04:41:17 PM »

Well welcome to the site and congratulations on the new great rides it is deffinatley a great family sport Smiley I really dont know anything about wide sizes at all in general but I wish you luck in your quest to find some! Its always good to go to the dealers and try on all the ones you can.

FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 04:52:05 PM »

Where are you planning on riding at?

I would suggest the Fox's ........however you have already tried them on.  

You might want to try a military surplus store to see if they have parachute/military jump boots.  Those particular boots are built in much the same manner as riding boots.  Though they may not be as cool looking as Fox's they do the trick and they may be available in other width's.

Good luck

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
FlyingDog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 05:01:25 PM »

You might want to try a military surplus store to see if they have parachute/military jump boots.  Those particular boots are built in much the same manner as riding boots.  Though they may not be as cool looking as Fox's they do the trick and they may be available in other width's.

Good luck

We went to the Big Scrub area Monday. My daughter isn't real comfortable with shifting yet so I wanted a nice wide open area for her to ride in circles. We will try Croom soon I'm sure. We don't have any "secret" places to ride, just the public areas like everyone else.

Yes I did try the Fox's but I haven't tried the Forma Pro's yet. I'm going to try and find some locally and see if those will work.

Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX
Crispy

2005 400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 05:03:29 PM »

You might want to try a military surplus store to see if they have parachute/military jump boots.  Those particular boots are built in much the same manner as riding boots.  Though they may not be as cool looking as Fox's they do the trick and they may be available in other width's.

Good luck

Looks like you live in apopka the Orlando Sandpit is a nice place to ride for weekend joy rides just do a search on the forums for "Orlando Sandpit" usualy a good amount of people out there everyday.

We went to the Big Scrub area Monday. My daughter isn't real comfortable with shifting yet so I wanted a nice wide open area for her to ride in circles. We will try Croom soon I'm sure. We don't have any "secret" places to ride, just the public areas like everyone else.

Yes I did try the Fox's but I haven't tried the Forma Pro's yet. I'm going to try and find some locally and see if those will work.

FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 11:48:47 PM »

If you want a really wide open area for your daughter, try Rodman Dam, it's a bit further down the road from Scrub(about 30 miles or so) but a HUGE open sandy area.

and welcome.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 07:24:55 AM »

Welcome to the site.
Try the Alpinestar Vectors. They're  around $250 but I love mine and they are wide.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
FlyingDog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 07:38:03 AM »

If you want a really wide open area for your daughter, try Rodman Dam, it's a bit further down the road from Scrub(about 30 miles or so) but a HUGE open sandy area.

and welcome.

Id@

I've been up there in my Jeep and you're right, that is a big open area.
I was there over Thanksgiving weekend. We camped at Salt Springs and my buddy wanted to take his H2 out so he followed me up that way. As I recall, there were a ton of ATV's there that day. Someone may remember seeing me.

Thanks,

Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX
FlyingDog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 09:37:55 PM »

FYI....

I picked Fox Forma Pro's for my fat feet.

Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 11:48:20 AM »

Santa was good to you Grin. All he did for me was stop by my house and break my swingarm Cry  Have fun.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 11:59:34 AM »

Santa was good to you Grin. All he did for me was stop by my house and break my swingarm Cry  Have fun.

I feel your pain, chillin.........cracked the right crank case cover.  I'm down for a while  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com