Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO HUNT OR NOT TO HUNT  (Read 6236 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:43:32 AM »

This is probly a touchy subject. I am on the fence about it and by no means a tree huggin animal activist peta person. I think you should have the right to hunt if you so choose. I just don't see the thrill in going out and like some hunters baiting in the animal and killing it. I had friends long ago that hunted dear and they would actually go out an track the animal, and hunt it down. It gives the animal a chance to ellude and ascape. Please don't turn this into a topic that will need to be terminated by moderators.
Please just leave your opinion.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 07:21:13 AM »

Imagine that another (possibly) subject and look who started it lol. If it isn't me it looks like it has to be you Sport66  Grin. What me and you have strong opinions about something..... no way not us  Wink.

Now to your question. I personally don't hunt, but believe people have the right to if they want. Vegetarians don't have to eat meat but have no right to comlain if we do. my personal opinion is that hunting and eating is fine, but I am not for hunting to waste the meat  just to put a head on a wall. Like it or not we are the top of the food chain and I like it that way ! I don't hunt because I don't like the taste (for the most part) of wild game meat. If you do I say go for it. However I think it should be sporting and the animal should have a chance. Don't have a stand, baited area, scent kill, near a water area, with dogs driving the animals toward you. that was overkill but you get the idea. Hunt with the weapon of your choice but actually hunt what you want. track it, find it, kill it, eat it. Just my humble opinion, but I'm also entitled to mine.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
singleshot

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 01:30:01 PM »

I love to hunt.  It is awesome to get out in the woods and blend in.  Being able to provide my family with fresh meat that is healthier than anything you can buy in the store is very rewarding.  Also, I get to see a lot of awesome things besides deer.

2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme
FORDFANZ

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 01:41:54 PM »

I  hunt  but  I  dont  Bait  I  sit  in  a  stand  or  on  the  ground  and  hunt  that  way  

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 04:51:27 PM »

I hunt the 2 legged kind. Seem to kill more with bait!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 04:59:05 PM »

I hunt the 2 legged kind. Seem to kill more with bait!

Ya, I did that to when I was younger and unmarried. But for hunting, I hunt wild hogs. Its hard to explain to your son you shot bambi
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 04:59:23 PM by hell-blaster » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »

i hunt once in a while and have no problem with people that hunt over corn or use dogs. i dont hunt over bait but i do use bait when i fish  Grin. though you may not like people killing deer its better than them starving to death due to over population.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 07:57:01 PM »

yeah that's another good thing about people hunting is is helps control the population. Just to clarify .... in my first post about baiting, dogs, etc... I meant using all these things together.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
inked4life87

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 03:34:26 AM »

i olny shoot what can shoot back...
inked4life87

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 03:35:48 AM »

but that is olny my personal feelings so not trying to start up a fight here.to eachs own.
backinsaddle

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 06:45:37 AM »

I've thought about this alot.  And while i could write a book about it, I'll keep it short.

I think everyone that eats meat should have to kill and clean an animal at least once in there life.  Buying from the butcher insulates you from the realities that this was once a life.  I see my kids eat two bites from something and then throw it away and it drives me crazy (only 5 and 2 years old, so they don't know any better).  Maybe if they had to reach in and gut a deer, they'd either have more respect, or turn vegetarian??

By the way, I hunted when i was younger, but no longer.
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »

When we get to the point that nobody hunts , we are all screwed . Pan fried tenderloin with onion gravy , fried softshell nuggets mmmmmm.. ... But ducks suck  [smiley=Wink.gif]

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 04:39:51 PM »

does that mean the Turkeys that are in my backyard I have to think about before I let the Arrow Fly? Thinking ...thinking ....thinking... Done! I am still having My Fresh Fried Turkey For Thanksgiving. I agree with a few here, you should get your hands into there guts and feel around, better than any science project I have ever completed. As to being the top of the Food Chain, that is only until you enter into the Ocean. I think a few Predators there have a second opinion about our claim..I agree with supporting the family and regulating the population. this inturn reduces disease as well. How about the countless dear that are slaughtered on our Nations Highways now thats a waste of good meat. God has provided the Manna, I shall eat there of...
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 05:58:37 PM »

I am an animal lover : smoked, fried, baked, BBQ, love em Grin

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
warrior123

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 04:53:54 AM »

i love to hunt theres just something about wakeing at 4 am driveing an hour then walking an hour through the swamps, climbing up that tree stand and sitting there in the woods away from reality. and at the end of the day when i didnt get anything not a big deal thers always tomorrow. its my way of relaxing
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 03:42:09 PM »

I am an animal lover : smoked, fried, baked, BBQ, love em Grin

That's cruel!!!  

I believe there is room here for all of Gods animals,

Right beside the mashed potatoes.

I hunt every chance I get. I love it almost as much as riding my quad.

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 05:48:03 PM »

Liv2ride, you had me concerned there for a minute

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 05:49:34 PM »

Got me too  Tongue

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
KFXhead

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 09:02:49 AM »

It's DEER not dear.  Grin
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »

this guy is a pretty good hunter and uses no bait

J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 07:15:20 AM »

Alligators love the fact that Bow Hunters cant always find what they shoot . I guess when you cant find them they dont always go to waste .

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 07:16:24 AM »

my stepson shot this one yesterday in downtown waycross, ga. is injured its self trying to ram through a chain link fence.

Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 07:25:46 AM »

Yea deer and fences don't get along very well, they go into a panic frenzy. It's funny they will jump a 6' fence to get to someones garden, but trying to get away they just try to ram it.

If hunters didn't reduce the numbers of deer, the government would have to slaughter them to thin the herd to a size the area can feed, at a cost to us. Instead they make a lot of money from hunters in all areas. Without enough food to feed all the herd, they would ALL get sick and die eventually, and we would have more auto accidents hitting them on the road.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2005, 10:31:09 AM »

That is one big monster. That deer is not tiny.
I had country fried venison and smashed red potatoes with baked beans last night for dinner. Think I'll be cooking the Snook I caught 2 hrs ago for tonight.
Hunt

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 02:06:29 PM »

Yea deer and fences don't get along very well, they go into a panic frenzy. It's funny they will jump a 6' fence to get to someones garden, but trying to get away they just try to ram it.

right moose, thats exactly what happend to this deer. the blood you see it self induced from the fence. he was going to use his tasser but the deer had hurt its self so bad he decided to shoot it.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com