Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to four wheelers  (Read 1913 times)
justin82

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2005, 06:50:42 AM »

hi all,
Im new to four wheelers but not new to the offroad scene Ive owned many 4x4 trucks that were mod'ed out. but after many thousands of dollars spent fixing many busted truck parts i decided to get a four wheeler.
I rode a buddys polaris magnum when i was on leave from afghanistan,where i currently still am. i had a blast as did my wife.
but like i said ive never had one so i dont know where to start. i know all my friends say get a 2 wheel drive one. I've heard,honda,polaris, all other makes and models too. what would be a good bike above a 350cc 2 wheel drive,utility model. what would be a good one for hunting and trail riding in ocala?
thanks everyone
Spc.Justin Hall
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »

just get a 4x4 u will be happy ya did (maybe)

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 11:33:35 AM »

just get a 4x4 u will be happy ya did (maybe)

he is so right! get a 4x4 you would regret if you didnt when you get in a sticky situation in the trails! Wink

themensh

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 10:15:03 PM »

Hey SPC  Hall.....
   First off, thanks for serving My country!
  If you are into hunting.......you may want a 4X4 ATV...and depending on your size.......at least one 500cc or more.     
   I am sort of new to this myself......and I bought a half way decent Yamaha grizzly 600cc.   I really don't see me needing anything bigger to lug me around....I am 5'10"..200 plus lbs. 
    Before I bought my quad, I had ridden a friends Suzuki Vinson 500.....and I thought that was the BEST.
  I have been in a couple spots where 4 wheel drive came in handy........
 but good luck in your search.
   Thanks again.....for all you do.

Chuck

Magnum330

Having Fun on ATV.Com Now Lets Ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:05:27 AM »

Ocala area go to Ocala Motor Sports and look around they have different makes and more just north of them. I have a Polaris 330 2x4 and a Sportsman 700 4x4 and I love both of em. You can do a lot on a 2x4 and still have fun.

Welcome to the world of ATV.

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 02:29:53 AM »

The newest Dirt Wheels Magazine at the store has all the new 2006 models in it with some comments on each one.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 08:09:59 AM »

Go with a polaris 500 4WD, It has all the power you will ever need and polaris has the best ride of them all. It has independent front and rear suspension. I just went from a polaris 325 to the 500HO. I thought about going larger but it seems that people with all that power keeps breaking axles after they put larger tires on them. I hear it all the time with the 800's especially. I am very happy with the one I have. Also the 4wd will not cost you over $1,000 more then a 2wd model and its well worth the extra cash. It will be worth more if you ever sold it also.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com