Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yucapan - Important!  (Read 10179 times)
Firefighting

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »

Today multiple law enforcement agencies were out in force at all entrances to the Yucapan. They were giving tickets to everyone for trespassing, underage riders, parking in the right of way, and so on. It has now happened. A few people have messed it up for all of us. The little community in the Yucapan has had enough. From the riding on their roads and littering to the destruction of the right of way. They were there today (Saturday) from 8 am to 8 pm. They will be there tommorow (sunday the 18th) and next weekend (Christmas). They have 4 wheelers and 4 wheel drive trucks, a total of about 30 vehicles from all different agencies with satellite photos of the yucapan and its trails(Lee and Charlotte Sherriff, Wildlife and Game officers, etc.) I'm Just trying to help a few of you out of tickets. They are not giving any warnings. Some people got hit with multiple tickets. Most people got a $100.00 fine. Im pissed. I really liked riding out there. If they do cool off, hopefully people will ride responsibly by staying away from the homes, roads, right of way, fire house, etc. So maybe we will be able to come back. Thats all. Good luck.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 10:09:31 PM »

we rode out their all last winter(nite riding) and never had any problem with the law however did have some with some punkass kids drunks stealing our gas but i haven't been back this yr yet because of the flood water. been ridin in n.port thanks 4 saving me a trip and a c-note

if u can't be good be good at it
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:28:38 AM »

They did the same thing 2 years ago. It will settle down next month.
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »

They did the same thing about 16 years ago. I havnt been back sence.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
MIKE D

swamp-n

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:39:43 AM »

I knew this was going to happen.
MIKE

03 honda rincon 650 4x4
98 foreman 450 es 4x4
05 yamaha fx cruiser HO waverunner
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 02:28:46 PM »

Who owns the Yucapan?  Is it private property or public land?
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 05:11:02 PM »

Private from what the news said this morning and the news also said there were 10 law inforcement officers out their with trucks, quads and a helicopter handing out 100 dollar tickets. Im sure someone on the site must have got one.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 07:23:21 PM »

Here is the story below. At least it gave the crack dealers, pimps, and prostitutes, not to mention bank robbers a break in East Fort Myers this weekend, They earned it!

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051219/NEWS01/512190363/1075
Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 10:27:35 PM »

They did the same thing about 16 years ago. I havnt been back sence.

They did it 2 years ago in January. They can't be out there every weekend forever, so it will settle down after a while.
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 02:32:06 AM »

I got to ride out there once for about an hour.. My ATV's in the shop now and I will probably never get to ride there again. Thats just great...
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 06:57:16 PM »

Did you see topic i post about the yucapan.
On the title:I say it is time to Protest.

go here and see
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,524.275.html

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Elmo2resc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 12:31:59 AM »

Here's the deal,
        I had spoken with one of the home owners who had come to the fire house to complain. He was venting on me and a co-worker about the noise and the people driving on his property and right next to it. Now I like to ride and so does he. I will not be happy if I have to drive 3 hours to croom every time I want to ride. I have a hard time arguing with him when I was a little pissed off myself on the people’s behavior. The noise of those aftermarket exhaust travels (I have one myself), But people need to use some common sense. I personally witnessed adults and teens race (about 6 to 10 bikes) up and down the lots next to the fire station. Not just once or twice, but for a good half hour or more. Give some respect to the surrounding residents. There are 100's of acres out there but it seems there is always 10% that just don't get it. If you are out by the street or near a house, keep off the gas. Do your riding in the woods where you won't be bothering anybody. On the other hand you have people riding in the management area. Well the same people that are suppose to get us more land to ride on also have to keep replacing those signs people keep taking down. They have to pay someone to patrol the area for those of you that just can't seem to stay out of the area that is restricted. Now, I realize that most of the people that are abusing the system are not reading this so if you know one of these individuals, Please let them know. The individual that had complained had started the legal process to stop our riding. He had grouped together with other neighbors in the area and the police have no choice but to try and control the situation. The individual had stated that surly something could be done due to the environmental damage to the wet lands out there. Now to me that is a desperate home owner (who rode to the house on a 4-wheeler) who is trying to get something under control. I told him I wasn't happy about the noise. I also said there is no place else out there to ride and that there are a few bad apples that are causing the problems. I tried to talk to him but he had had enough. The process was in motion and 2 weeks later, well some people have tickets or warnings. It was also my understanding that the people that were ticketed were either parked on the right-a-way or on land they shouldn't have been on. If they didn't know they were on management land then that is because a fellow rider or 4-wheeler took the sign down. It was also my understanding that they were trying to get people on specific land so they could stop them, but I don't know that for sure. Well, I'm a little concerned about a riding area that has already shrunk in the last 20 years I have been out there. Please, Lets not send another great riding spot to the grave. Let’s get the word out to use some common sense at the Yucapan and all the other spots that are still around so we don't loose them for good. I can tell you this; I bet north port is not too far behind.  Just another concerned rider, Elmo
qt314nfla

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 01:04:49 AM »

North Port has been that way for awhile.  And most of us on here do agree to ride w/ common sence.  Unfortunately, most of those ppl that are being idiots are not on a site and don't see what's going on and that they need to ride responsibly.

Welcome to the site and thank you for posting a good responsible thread.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 03:20:19 PM »

Agreed! Welcome and good post. Perhaps some kind of group needs to be present to make thse people understand the grave situation. I know when I am at a hot spot and see morons doing this I tell them something. Sometimes they listen and sometimes they dont
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 10:54:54 AM »

North Port has been that way for awhile.  And most of us on here do agree to ride w/ common sence.  Unfortunately, most of those ppl that are being idiots are not on a site and don't see what's going on and that they need to ride responsibly.

Welcome to the site and thank you for posting a good responsible thread.

exactly, I want to yell at the people who ride the streets at northport. Anyway I went to the yucapan once and had a blast, i guess i'll never be able to go again Undecided I was suppose to go this week but i guess that trip is off. Northport is getting boring for me because i know the trails so I guess i have to dish out 50$ for croom. yeah!!!!
wolv350

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »

I am new to the atv world.  But i just bought a 2004 woverine.  I go to the yucapan every sunday for the past 5 monthes and the police never said anything.  I even park off burntstore rd. across from the police station.  I thought it was legal to park there because that where everyone parks.  Anyways i got a written warning this weekend.  The ranger told me that the police didn't want to write the tickets and warnings but they had to.  The home owners complained to the governor.  To many people with loud exhausts, riding on streets, littering, shooting guns, and acting like idiots.
AlterEgo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 02:41:23 PM »

New to the ATV world too, and it sounds like this is the case a lot of places. Sucks that a few idiots have to screw it up for everyone else.

And like you said, if people would just show a little bit of responsibility, the enforcement officers would rather look the other way  - they have more important things to enforce than a good family sport that isn't hurting anyone.

ATVers need to start policing themselves and weeding out the bad apples.

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »

I am new to the atv world.  But i just bought a 2004 woverine.  I go to the yucapan every sunday for the past 5 monthes and the police never said anything.  I even park off burntstore rd. across from the police station.  I thought it was legal to park there because that where everyone parks.  Anyways i got a written warning this weekend.  The ranger told me that the police didn't want to write the tickets and warnings but they had to.  The home owners complained to the governor.  To many people with loud exhausts, riding on streets, littering, shooting guns, and acting like idiots.

Welcome to the site Thumbs Up  I know one of the guys that lives out there and he and his neighbors complained to everyone they could to get it closed off to us ATV'ers and the weird thing about it is that almost all of the people that complained ride ATV's in the Yucapan themselfs..Hmmm, imagine that. What a bunch of hypocrits...So, when where you riding when they ticketed you?
wolv350

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 03:13:53 PM »

When i got the written warning i was loading the atv's on the the trailer.  I was packing up and the ranger put up to me.  I knew something was up when there were only 5 or six trucks with trailors out there.  Searching on the this site i don't see any places to ride close to Ft. Myers.
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 07:30:58 PM »

Yeah, other than the Yucapan, the only other place close to Cape Coral/Ft.Myers is North Port which is now the same as the Yucapan because cops patrol there too.  Undecided   There is a place by Tampa called Croom that is legal to ride at and it's $50 for a year's pass there, thats the only other place I can think of thats close to us and we wont get ticketed for riding there. Just do a search on this site for 'Croom' and you will get alot of Info/pics...I have not gone there yet, but I am hoping to soon.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 11:14:52 PM »

In this case, are the alleged performance advantages of those loud aftermarket pipes really worth the fallout?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 11:22:30 PM »

The advantage is really awesome when you can't leave your garage because there is nowhere to ride.
nokfire3

keep the girls home its time to ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 11:54:47 AM »

is it ok to ride now or r cops hiting it heavy still 1/22/06

support your local fire dept start a fire
SWFRider

Nothing to see here , Move along !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »

I had a friend that rode out there last weekend and he said it was ok. I drove past it and saw some new no tresspassing signs up. I went by on sat the 21st. The thing most people dont get is that when signs are posted you can actually be arrested if your caught. The warning is the signs. So in a way Law Enforcement is giving breaks. However if you get a written warning on record it would mean a ticket or arrest if you get caught again.

http://home.earthlink.net/~chstevens04/quads/my06raptor.jpg
06 Yamaha Rator 700 - AC Nerfs and Bumper , GYTR Air Filter Complete,Yoshi RS 7 Pipe,Dobeck TFI
05 Yamaha 350 Raptor K&N Filters , HMF Slip-on, Edelbrock Carb, GYTR Air Filter Complete
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 09:45:46 PM »

I guess you have go to this topic for while
To protest your fighting riding rights...

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,524.0.html

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com