Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helicopter with shut off gun!!!!!  (Read 4843 times)
gillaney

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2005, 03:07:11 PM »

I just talked to someone today that was riding in Poinciana and the Polk County helicopter showed up and somehow shut his Polaris 500 off while he was still in the air. The guy hovered for a while and the dude on the bike said he couldn't start it up untiil the copter went away. Does anyone know of this and how do they do it? Is there something in the bike that can be unplugged so they cn't do this?

The Man's trying to keep us down!!! Cry
inked4life87

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:47:26 PM »

i think you watch to much knight rider
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 05:52:09 PM »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hhhhhahhhaaa that was funny...

BUT! there is technology out there like that... has to do with interrupting the electrical/ignition portion of the car, or in this case atv. gonna do a google on it

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 05:52:29 PM »

haha, i knew they were in "development stages" for cars, but for motorcycles/quads? Maybe your buddy got scared turned it off? Or maybe hes givin you the run around?  Roll Eyes

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 05:52:57 PM »

INK are you coming out to HL (holeylands) this sunday

Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 05:54:41 PM »

Must have been just a freak thing, as I work in police avaition and we do not have anything like that. If they did I think that they would use it for something more than stopping ATV's. Bad guys that run would be more like it. like he said i think you or your buddy watch to much TV.

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 05:55:10 PM »

That goes along with the cable company and their special laser that they can shoot into your house and fry your TV if they think you are stealing cable, LOL
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 06:00:10 PM »

http://www.policeandsecuritynews.com/julyaug03/CarThieves.htm

Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »

Found it.. read this!

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/FutureTech/story?id=538452&page=1

March 1, 2005 — The idea of a powerful ray gun has been a staple of science-fiction writing for decades. But a "weapon" that shoots invisible beams of energy could be making its way into law-enforcement hands soon.

The technology isn't exactly something that would replace a police officer's handgun. In fact, the system being developed by Eureka Aerospace in Pasadena, Calif., couldn't even be crammed into a standard pistol holster.

But the developers say their device, which uses technology more closely related to flash cooking than Flash Gordon, may help stop criminals and terrorists in their tracks.

James Tatoian, chief executive of Eureka, says the High Power Electromagnetic System is designed to disable cars — say, those fleeing from police officers — using bursts of microwave energy.

"Basically, since the 1970s, every car is built with some sort of microprocessor-controlled system — like the ignition control and fuel pump control a lot of vital car systems," says Tatoian. "If you introduce a parasitic current into their wires, it leads to a power surge which in turn burns out those microprocessors."

Once the car's chips are disabled, the vehicle will gradually slow to a halt, allowing police or other security forces to safely approach and apprehend the driver.

A New Type of Nuker

Tatoian is quick to admit that the company's experimental device isn't the first or only directed energy system designed to attack cars. Others have developed similar concepts and prototypes before. And some, like Eureka, are continuing their work using partial funding from a U.S. military research project that seeks to study the feasibility of "less than lethal" weapons.

But Tatoian believes his designers and researchers have come a lot further in terms of power, portability and usability than other alternative solutions.

"It's still in development stages, but the system is about 200 pounds in total weight. It will fit in a car with the [microwave] antenna mounted on the roof," says Tatoian. "It's also worthwhile to say that produces about 10 to 15 kilovolts per meter." During tests of the early unit, that was enough power to burn out chips in cars up to 100 meters distant.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 04:06:25 AM by Asphaltdragon » Logged

Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
1slowfox

Its just another slow banshee !!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 06:15:35 PM »

It would be simple for them to do it to quad , just think of the local go cart tack have them on go carts

ed

I <3 Fiberglass !
gillaney

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 07:57:15 PM »

I'm glad to be of service to everyone and their laughs.
I was just repeating what someone (whom I don't know) was telling  a friend of mine, and myself. They make them for little kids atv's but I thought their was a possibility.
You guys laugh at me and someone wrote about microwaves (designed to irritate the skin and cause riot control) and the only thing close to that, that would work, would be an EMP (elctro-magnetic Pulse) and would damage any electronics for good.
Anyway, jsut repeating what some jackk-ass told me. I was buzzed by copter and mine never shut off.
Anyhow, I guess that post looked pretty friggin stupid. ha. ha. er ha
Embarrassed
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 08:05:18 PM »

jbbj, are you rotorcraft or fixed wing and or both? I am in Mosquito Control Aviation (Rotorcraft)

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 03:46:54 AM »

never heard of it..
sounds like some sort of a directed EMP?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 03:47:36 AM by Thrasher » Logged

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 04:36:43 AM »

If it sent an electrical charge, to burn out a computer chip, it would have not started back up. I also wonder if it would have messed up something on his quad or maybe cause him to have CANCER, years down the road. Do I see lawsuit to buy more riding land so we can all have our own place to ride. HEHE

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
CAOSPOP

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 06:50:55 AM »

This is true on police cruisers. the only thing is that its expensive and doesnt work all the time. it is an EMP.
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 07:33:42 AM »

They have been working on that technology for years, as an alternative to high speed pursuits and to combat car theft.  As far as I know, it is still being tested and perfected.  It is very expensive as well.  
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 10:44:24 AM »

Must have been just a freak thing, as I work in police avaition and we do not have anything like that. If they did I think that they would use it for something more than stopping ATV's. Bad guys that run would be more like it. like he said i think you or your buddy watch to much TV.

This technology is avail and has been for sometime, I am familiar with it in the EA6B's they roll through a combat area and interrup all eletronic activity.. didnt know about them in the chopper's. in fact there is a police dept. I was watching on TLC that is using this to apprehend traffic violator's.
If I am not mistaken I still believe that the Key military vehicles are mechanical or IDI diesels that will continue to run as long as there is fuel being pumped into it.
inked4life87

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2005, 07:07:48 PM »

dragon i really want to go but i have to much family stuf going on,but look out my buiddes on the three wheeler.one is zilla954 on this site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com