Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video I HAD to watch today in school  (Read 5835 times)
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2005, 06:22:52 PM »

Here is a link to a video I had to watch today in school.
http://nobelprize.org/literature/laureates/2005/pinter-lecture.html

I know it's long, so just skim through it, see what it's about. You can also view the lecture in text format.

If you guessing what class I had to watch this in, it was NOT american government, nor world history.It was spanish, what this has to do with spanish, I don't know. Our spanish teacher is a big hippy, for example every classroom has an American flag, he does not. He teaches more about politics then spanish. Sorry for ranting but I don't think this is very neccesary in our school system, there's some things our youth shouldnt know. And believe it or not, a lot of kids had diffrent views at the end of the class, and as we were walking out my teacher said " remeber folks, you don't have to say the pledge today"...

Angry
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:04:15 PM »

Remember folks, our tax money goes to pay a teacher like this.  I understand freedom of speech, but...   I know that I always told my kids to obey the teacher, in this case I would say ignore the moron.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:26:42 PM »

this kind of thing, and that kind of teacher needs to be exposed.

bumping this back up.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 07:35:42 PM »

There is no reason a teacher should make you watch that. Especially in Spanish class. That teacher needs to be reprimanded. If they are not allowed to teach the bible and teachers get fired for doing so, they need to do something to this teacher.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
themensh

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:23:19 PM »

I couldn't get the link to open...so can't comment on it contents.
  However....if you feel something was not oppropriate for class.......just mention it, say something like "What did that have to do with the class
I am enrolled in (Spanish)?"
  And as far as saying the Pledge of Allegiance is concerned....what is wrong with saying it? I know some people object to the "Under God" part.......but people can still recite it the original way (minus the God part).
  Another thing.....depending how much you want to take this up.....is write an editorial to your local newspaper or if you really want a responce......
  tell us the name of your school!    A couple well direct letters may get some attention.   If you just wanted to vent......that is OK too.
    Spanish, huh?  tell the teacher "Come' caca Y muerte."  (They'll understand).

Chuck

Join the NRA at www.nra.org
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 01:44:27 PM »

TELL HIM THAT THE BLUESMAN SAID MOVE TO CUBA!!!!!
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 02:07:23 PM »

Wow I got like 10 seconds into it and allready wanted to fall asleep. Thats so stupid I can't beleive he says you don't have to say the pledge and doesn't have a flag. I think we need to deport him. He sounds like a terrorist or something.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 02:14:06 PM »

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

And if it offends anyone. LEAVE

Let your parents know and have them go to the next school board meeting and let them know that your teacher is not teaching spanish, that he is trying to teach politics instead. You may just get him fired. Don't feel bad if that happens because he is not doing his job. Let someone that wants to teach spanish have his job.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 02:17:38 PM by yunt2ride » Logged

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 02:26:04 PM »

now why does the guy have to be cuban? he could be from south america or spain. but no go back to cuba.

while i don't agree with what that person is doing or teaching in his class it's our own government and supreme court that vote on this stupid stuff and make it legal.

if no one hear likes the way things are going why don't they leave. i personally could give a rats ass my kids go to private school for that same reason, i want them to learn about god and be able to say the pledge of allegiance without some stupid ass getting insulted and raising a stink about it.

so i guess i will say it once and for all no matter how long you have lived hear or if you were born here like i was. you have options, use them if you don't then the only stupid one is you. and if you don't like it you can get the f out of this country.

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 03:33:28 PM »

What the hell is this? Did I click on the wrong thing? Its like some annyoing guy talking for 46 mins...I think I fell asleep watching it about 4 mins into it.
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 03:35:39 PM »

What the hell is this? Did I click on the wrong thing? Its like some annyoing guy talking for 46 mins...I think I fell asleep watching it about 4 mins into it.

Yea so did I, but then he woke me up and said I couldnt sleep. Roll Eyes You just have to skim through the video to see what it's about.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 05:58:14 PM »

im feeling a huge last day of school prank on him.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 07:51:28 PM »

I say that every day you walk in his class with an american flag. Let someone hold it up and the whole class says the pledge in front of him. He cannot do anything about it. Make sure you get the whole class involved. If he trys to do anything get the news media involved. That will make national attention.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »

I say that every day you walk in his class with an american flag. Let someone hold it up and the whole class says the pledge in front of him. He cannot do anything about it. Make sure you get the whole class involved. If he trys to do anything get the news media involved. That will make national attention.

I have him again tommrow, I'm gonna see what we talk about. We have mid-terms next week, so we haven't been doing a whole lot of work in any of my classes. So chances are we're gonna be talking about something..prolly religion. Roll Eyes If we do, I'm definately gonna speak my mind, hopefully he sends me out of class. Evil
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 08:45:08 PM »

you should wear one of dreth's shirts Cheesy , when you walk into class, put a bible on his desk if that will affect him, i didnt se the whole thing so i dont know if he has a prob. with that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 08:50:54 PM by klutchbuster350 » Logged
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 08:53:58 PM »

you should wear one of dreth's shirts Cheesy , when you walk into class, put a bible on his desk if that will affect him, i didnt se the whole thing so i dont know if he has a prob. with that.

Ohh he'll love this. Evil
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 06:04:36 PM »

YOU MUST DO THIS!!
I will personally drive to your school and back you up.
Brian

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore