Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helmet......helmet.........we don't need no stinking helmets!!!!!  (Read 10158 times)
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »

An adult has the right to make the helmet choice. Just at least make your kids wear them.
 Helmets are just like seatbelts, there are those that say seatbelts can hurt you in an accident and they dont wear them.  I'll continue to wear my seatbelt and my helmet, it just makes me feel better.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
sct450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 11:09:43 PM »

i've seen people wreck and hit there head at a mudhole.in my opion always wear a helmet.i know it has saved my skull a few times.

04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 11:21:02 PM »

im saying i proble will never where my lid when im muding now i would bring it so if i go trail riding or if im coming from the mud pit i would use it but come on ur only going like 5 mph

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 06:56:01 PM »

I never ride without it.
 What cracks me up are those that wear a ball cap turned around backwards and goggles. When they bash their head into a tree and are being taken on a helicopter ride at least they wont have any dirt in their eyes.

The goggles and ball cap refernce is so true , good observation .
I see that on a regular basis , got to look cool in when you wreck. Cool

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Nocturnal

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2005, 04:31:23 AM »

An adult has the right to make the helmet choice. Just at least make your kids wear them.
 Helmets are just like seatbelts, there are those that say seatbelts can hurt you in an accident and they dont wear them.  I'll continue to wear my seatbelt and my helmet, it just makes me feel better.

Well said. I personally don't wear a helmet on my utility. I don't see the need for it. On the other hand, I always wear one on my dirt bike and my street bike. But, I'm an adult (or atleast that's what they tell me. lol) so it's my choice.

2007 Camo King Quad 700 - 26" 589's
2005 Honda Rancher AT - Tamarack Front box, Kenwood stereo, 25" 589's, K&N

2006 VTX 1300C - K&N, windshield, bags
Anoriginal

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 08:19:40 AM »

Tell you what, if you don't wear a helmet, how about sending me and everyone else some extra money to pay the increased insurance premiums we'll incurr as a result of your giant medical bills. You know, the ones that you (actually your family) will incurr to put you in a rehab facility and keep you on the respirator. In the end, that cost gets passed on to the rest of us. 

Also, the worst wreck I ever had was when traveling less than 10 mph on a utility bike. Yep, I was wearing my helmet. Thank God.
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 10:55:37 AM »

[/quote]
if that some one injures and kills himself, we'll just have another family with a loss, and another riding area gone.
[/quote]

I find it interesting that a fifteen year old understands politics so well

ATV'r either seriously injured or killed= riding area closed

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
ATF450

NOT AGAIN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 11:24:19 AM »

HELMETS ARE A MUST!! I KNOW MY HEAD ISN'T HARDER THAN CEMENT,WOOD,OR EVEN HARD DIRT!!! MY KIDS ALWAYS WEAR THEM JUST LIKE THEIR POPPA!!! Cheesy

06 Vstar 650
06 YFZ 450
03 250 EX
Roostin300ex

Yall dont keep it Fresh Azimiz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 09:07:16 PM »

helmet on a bike saved me from splitting my skull...never ride w/o one...it puts a bad name to us

1997 Honda 300 Ex...some mods...FOR SALE
1993 KX-125 pro circuit exhaust, renthal bars, khlein carb, flywheel, excel rims, powdercoated rims and forks, moose bar guards, ceet, oh yea a spare engine!
bulldogfallon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 04:59:16 PM »

Helmets are a must in any riding condition. IMO

In my opinion you should wear all your gear to be on the safe side...especially if you are setting an example for children.

I am a believer in freedom and the right to choose, so please do whatever you feel is right. 

BUT

Saturday night my friend crashed on an ATV w/o a helmet and w/o a chest protector and he is no longer with us.

He did not hit his head, but the impact caused internal injuries and damaged arties going to his heart.

He was able to talk afterwards and we were just worried about his lack of feeling in his legs...only to get worse news later that evening....We lost him the next day.

I am passing this tragedy along to hopefully change someone's mind the next time they think they are just going for a quick ride.

He was just riding up and down a dirt road and when his hat flew off he tried to grab it and flew into a ditch.....

It all happened so fast......

RIP My Friend

Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 03:00:43 PM »

The death of a loved one at the hands of a preventable accident can never be mitigated.   

And while it is true that people feel empathy or sorrow for someone else's loss, unfortunatley, rarley does it ever change thier opinion on a particular subject. 

It is my hope that people would understand that a single persons desicion not to wear a helmet could eventually effect us all.

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 03:03:34 PM »

The death of a loved one at the hands of a preventable accident can never be mitigated.  

And while it is true that people feel empathy or sorrow for someone else's loss, unfortunatley, rarley does it ever change thier opinion on a particular subject. 

It is my hope that people would understand that a single persons desicion not to wear a helmet could eventually effect us all.

very well said! everybody who does not wear a helment should read that!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 03:05:29 PM by MOTOCROSS MAVERICK » Logged

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 04:14:56 PM »

I am going to agree with Bleedsblue. I ride a VForce 700 sport quad. My riding style and areas I ride in are mostly easy going type trails with some mud, sand and general FLA terrain. I have not worn my helmet in a year or so. I do use it at River Ranch. I ran into a crazy 900 LB steer one day and knocked his ass in a ditch. I was fine, but I disagree left the seat for a brief time while I was trying to stop before impact. I see alot of RR riders without helmets. I can not believe everyone on this Forum ALWAYS wears the bucket. I also steet ride and always wear a helmet on the road when most people do not. Its freedom of choice. Sport riders should wear a bucket at all times, but for a morning cruise through the woods will not kill you any quicker than the trip home from work the night before. Enough said, lets roll!             

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
grass-catcher

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 07:26:09 PM »

I always wear the helmet,Just like a seatbelt they go on always.If you
choose not to that's youre choice.Just like wearing clean underwear you
will never know when you have an accident.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 07:51:06 PM »

I always wear the helmet,Just like a seatbelt they go on always.If you
choose not to that's youre choice.Just like wearing clean underwear you
will never know when you have an accident.
nice metaphor Cheesy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com