Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helmet......helmet.........we don't need no stinking helmets!!!!!  (Read 10163 times)
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2005, 10:56:12 AM »

Of course not ...................because after all you're invincible.  You and Superman are third cousins and therefore the laws of physics don't apply to you........................duhhhh,  obviously?!?!?

I'm such a silly old ATC rider especially to think of something so insanley stupid as to the minimal benifit of wearing  a   a    a   a   helmet?  Please, you don't need a helmet. Your head can withstand anything..................................................................................except that tree coming at you at 40 miles an hour, or perhaps the ground that you're going to impact at around 25 miles an hour, or maybe even the quad itself landing on top of you 'cuase you couldn't let go in time.   What was I thinking ?  Wrecks?........wrecks?!  Nobody on this forum has ever wrecked!!!!!!! Except me................ Okay I'll admit it, I've wrecked.  There, is everyone happy!, I admit it, I've pushed my limitations too far on a few occasions and I managed to fall off.  I'm just a novice though.................I 've only been off road since I-75 was cow pastures.   What do I know........I'm an azz.   Not you guys though, I understand that you can't wreck......sure ATCs are made to go specifically into hazardly harsh terrain that is indigenous to unstable conditions which can often cause the unforseeable.  But that doesn't apply.................hello?Huh? Did anyone forget..............Supermans third cousin......duh!   

I apologize for the rampant cynicism. Seriously though, I have been riding for more than a few years................ The reason I'm still riding at this age is because I was never so ambivolent as to say that I shouldn't wear a helmet...... Bet ya dollars to donuts that guys like Foreman1, IndianJoe, Bluesman, Anoriginal, Greenmachine,Flashback, JR, Da Mtg Man, Prarie Master, TRX#9, Remus, Ida Mann, and Mr. Bones wear one religiously.  Even bet you that Gery350 would kick his son's (Klutchbuster350s) azz if he caught him riding without one.   Forget the boots, kneepads, armguards, or gloves. (I do see the point of a chestplate but we'll save that for another discussion) You can live with a broken ankle, Boxers fractures in your hand, even a spiral frature of your forearm.  However, a severe Sub Dura Hematoma............................. a little harder to survive....

Moral of this post is this..................wear a dam helmet........otherwise you might have someone standing over your grave saying "Looks like that whole helmet thing might just have a point to it."

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 11:16:37 AM »

shhhhhh man your going to spoil it!!!!!!

I TOLD YOU BEFORE WE NEED ORGAN DONORS!!!!!

I AGREE MAN NICE POST
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 11:21:19 AM by bluesman » Logged
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:18:42 AM »

I am sure most people on the forum know how I feel about helmets.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 11:39:38 AM »

helmets are a must!

for example i rolled my 350 raptor end over end foward it was not pretty! i did not let go of the bike! (bad move) i had my helmet on and in the end i still came out of it with an sever concusion and i dont rember 5 hours of the day and a migraine! dont rember eating dont even being there at the track for the 4 hours i was there!

not matter what you do wear a helmet accidents do happen!

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 12:32:09 PM »

helmets are a must!

for example i rolled my 350 raptor end over end foward it was not pretty! i did not let go of the bike! (bad move) i had my helmet on and in the end i still came out of it with an sever concusion and i dont rember 5 hours of the day and a migraine! dont rember eating dont even being there at the track for the 4 hours i was there!

Also, not only wear your helmet, but after a serious crash replace it! 1 good wreck can cause the inside structure to weaken and not be as effective the next time.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:41:11 PM »

your right pastense about my son not riding without a helmet.
he wears that thing religiously. i must confess i just started riding with a helmet because i have two kids that depend on me.
i have ridden without one but i gotta say its a mistake.

but whatever, to each his own.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 01:04:17 PM »

helmets are a must!

Also, not only wear your helmet, but after a serious crash replace it! 1 good wreck can cause the inside structure to weaken and not be as effective the next time.

great point and i did replace my helmet after that crash!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 04:37:26 PM by MOTOCROSS MAVERICK » Logged

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 04:03:43 PM »

youre right, i never ride without a helmet, the first thing i asked my dad after we baught the warrior was to go buy a helmet. the way i ride i need one Evil
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 04:32:18 PM »

Bet ya dollars to donuts that guys like Foreman1, IndianJoe, Bluesman, Anoriginal, Greenmachine,Flashback, JR, Da Mtg Man, Prarie Master, TRX#9, Remus, Ida Mann, and Mr. Bones wear one religiously. 

also, betcha they all don't (not that it matters, nor am i mentioning names )

wearing a helmet is just a good idea, and I don't always wear one, even tho i know i should.

...how about some of them dollars now? I have a powdered donut here for u.

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 04:38:47 PM »

Bet ya dollars to donuts that guys like Foreman1, IndianJoe, Bluesman, Anoriginal, Greenmachine,Flashback, JR, Da Mtg Man, Prarie Master, TRX#9, Remus, Ida Mann, and Mr. Bones wear one religiously. 

wearing a helmet is just a good idea, and I don't always wear one, even tho i know i should.

youre right, i KNOW atleast two of them dont, well two of the ones ive met personally though.
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 04:46:43 PM »

when im on my rancher i dont use myine cuz im going in mud  and water ect... but i have bine going faster on my rancher tho so im going to start but when im on my 300ex even if tis just around the block i use it no mater what i got all the gear too but i honstly dont see  the reason y i would use a helment when im on my 4x4 in mud

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 04:52:53 PM »

If you don't wear a helmet you should be burned!
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 05:16:01 PM »

WOW, That was intense

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 05:54:12 PM »

WEIRDO! Roll Eyes

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 05:55:39 PM »

WEIRDO! Roll Eyes
youre the weird one honda, o4250 has a good point.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 05:59:02 PM »

OK................. so tell me how you really feel about helmets Wink
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 06:52:31 PM »

I do have to admit that Bluesman's organ donor comment has a certain validity to it, don't youse guys tink?

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 07:05:54 PM »

youre right, i KNOW atleast two of them dont, well two of the ones ive met personally though.

If certain people don't wear helmets it is at a place that is mostly in the mud and slow riding(yes, i know accidents can still happen) and there is a very slim chance of something happening. I always wear my helmet, except when I goto places like that.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 07:10:03 PM »

OK, the point of a chest protector is do live up to its name.. To protect your chest.

Lets say you are riding along really fast, sweeping some turns and you catch a root, sends you off the bike and 10feel from you is a sharp stump. You hit the stump either on your back or chest without one and let me say this.. Have you seen the movie Shaun of the dead? The part where the girl gets pushed onto the pole.... Yea, you will have a nice hole in you, probably die because there wouldnt be time to put your heart back into your rib cage, or sew your lungs up.

Chest protector is just as important as a helmet.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 07:13:15 PM »

If certain people don't wear helmets it is at a place that is mostly in the mud and slow riding(yes, i know accidents can still happen) and there is a very slim chance of something happening. I always wear my helmet, except when I goto places like that.
well in a certain place with mostly mud, you could be traveling a slow speed too one of the mud pits and take a turn, the guy hualin @$$ the oppisite way could rsm right into you . a helmet woiuld sure help their, but youre right bugsrub, accidents still happen.
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 08:43:38 PM »

helmets are a must!

that was funny. lol Tongue 

ok now that im cohearent.  Wink

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 11:26:05 PM »

I never ride without it.
 What cracks me up are those that wear a ball cap turned around backwards and goggles. When they bash their head into a tree and are being taken on a helicopter ride at least they wont have any dirt in their eyes.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 08:17:27 AM »

Clapper Clapper Thumbs Up ,enough said

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 12:49:55 PM »

Good to see their are no narrow minded opinions on this site. Undecided

I've been riding Utility ATV's for nearly 12 years and I've never worn a helmet when riding and never will. Certain types of riding I can see needing them but just because you ride an ATV does not mean you should have one. Who cares what others do? If someone wants to do 60 over a jump and kill themself that's their problem not yours. What next? A few key prominient members of the site follow a particular religon so I should follow it to? Or maybe they drive sensible 30 MPG vehicles so I should sell my ozone killing diesel truck? Or perhaps there is a brand of beer they don't like so I shouldn't drink it?

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 12:57:32 PM »

Good to see their are no narrow minded opinions on this site. Undecided

I've been riding Utility ATV's for nearly 12 years and I've never worn a helmet when riding and never will. Certain types of riding I can see needing them but just because you ride an ATV does not mean you should have one. Who cares what others do? If someone wants to do 60 over a jump and kill themself that's their problem not yours. What next? A few key prominient members of the site follow a particular religon so I should follow it to? Or maybe they drive sensible 30 MPG vehicles so I should sell my ozone killing diesel truck? Or perhaps there is a brand of beer they don't like so I shouldn't drink it?

Bill
if that some one injures and kills himself, we'll just have another family with a loss, and another riding area gone.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com