Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARS Powersports Okeechobee  (Read 20353 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 08:24:19 PM »

Well, My deal at ARS went very smooth!!!! I did not have the displeasure of meeting Steve, thank god. I dealt with his daughter(Amber) and the older finance lady. They were both extremely nice and helpful!! I couldn't be happier with the deal. Now, this might all change if I decide to call and buy an extended warranty through them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
DJT279

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 08:34:23 PM »

i know that i am new to this, but here are a couple of things, i would like to say and any one can take it how they want. i deal a lot with ARS POWERSPORTS and i know of kawgirls situation. the deal with the atv they are so upset about is a bearing inside the motor for the clutch of the kingquad. now suzuki does have a exteneded warranty on that part for any unit affected. if a problem occurs due to the malfuction of that bearing suzuki will fix it for free over the next. i think either a 4 or 5 year(s) time frame. why such a stink was raised over something that was guaranteed by the manufacture, i have no idea. the bike was already warranteed registered and titled to them so there was no way ARS could just take that atv back with out loosing roughly about $7000.00. now steve does get upset with aggrevating situations, but he has three bussinesses that he has to keep an eye on. that is why he pays his employees to take care of customers. if you have a problem, start at the bottom, not the top of the totem pole. (do you go straight to sam walton if you have a return at walmart?)
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 09:08:42 PM »

Before you speak of something you should know the facts. We were out right lied to when we asked " before " we signed anything if it in fact was an updated model with the bearing on the reverse shaft. Not once but twice before we signed the papers we were told that the vin# was checked and it was updated, so I admit I made a fatal mistake and trusted the store manager.
I had no reason to believe otherwise as we had made several purchases there and were always treated well. I am still waiting for conformation of a full 5 year warr. that suzuki was providing according to Steve.
I won't hold my breath waiting for the warr. and I'm happy to say that I've steered a few potential customers to other dealerships and will continue to do so.

So DJT279 go back and tell your daddy "steve" he's the loser here not us.

Have a nice day ! Jeff

P.S. DJT279 I started with the person I purchased the atv from and was referred to the all mighty "Steve" by him, because if you really now "Steve", by his own admission, He's a micro manager and must have control of everything. And to respond to your Sam Walton analogy, If this would've happened at a Wal-mart, it would have been handled immediately and the salesperson would be working 2nd shift weekends cleaning restrooms.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 09:35:43 PM by kawGIRL » Logged

DJT279

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 08:19:45 AM »

i do know the facts of what happened, i know all of that family personally and do a lot of business there. you were not " lied" to by any one at either one of the stores. your unit is updated, it does not have the bearing that you want, but it does have the right ecm and is covered by a five year warranty. and for your sake i am going to try to paste a small portion of the bulletin from suzuki for you. or you could have had the common sense to just call suzuki and get a copy for yourself. and i have also noticed that you have failed to mention that they drove all the way to miami to get your quad from another dealer so you could have one and apparently you haven't had any problems with your atv as far as that bearing goes. like i said before, this is just my opinion of the situation and any one can take it how they want. i just think it is wrong that you would "steer" your friends away from saving money because of your ignorance to understand that not everything can be handled to your perfection.
here is section of the bulletin to ease your mind, pay special attention to the last paragraph.............

SPECIAL 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE PLAN
Overall, only a small number of KingQuads have experienced problems with the reverse idle gear
bushing. Suzuki recognizes dealer and customer concerns with this problem. We also recognize
the need to reassure current owners of early style King Quads so they can operate their
KingQuads with confidence and that KingQuads are fully backed by Suzuki’s limited warranty.
To remedy these concerns Suzuki has implemented a 5-year reverse idle gear warranty for all
2005 KingQuads. This extended warranty coverage will pay for all necessary repairs of the
reverse idle gear components. Coverage will include both parts and labor, for a period of 5 years
from the original date of purchase.
In order for the unit to qualify for the extended coverage an updated ECM must have been
installed prior to the original warranty expiration. This is a mandatory requirement.
Units which have no record of an updated ECM being installed will not be eligible for this special
coverage. It is very much in the best interests of all retail customers to install the new updated
ECM as soon as possible. Contact any customer you know who has not yet had an updated
ECM installed and explain the benefits of this extended coverage and arrange to perform the
update.

IMPORTANT NOTE
Approvals will not be made for modifying unsold units with the new bearing and shaft. Nor
will approvals be made for current retail owners who may request installation of the newest
bearing and shaft. As Suzuki has already supplied an updated ECM and a 5-year extended
warranty, special requests for a bearing and shaft update will not be accepted.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 08:32:30 AM »

Do you work for ARS?....DJT??

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
DJT279

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 09:18:22 AM »

i do not work for them, but i have known the whole famliy over 15 years and spend more of my free time there than at home (and money). i have a 05 kingquad, and have a copy of that bulletin with all my other crap. i have bought probably about 13 dirtbikes/ atv/ motorcycles from them and i know the main goal for them is to make everyone happy, not only with their prices but any continuing service. they know you can not make everyone happy, that why it bothers me to see one person sit there at his computer and bash someone and deter his friends from going there. they probably deal with at least 4000 people a year and try their hardest to make every one of them happy and probably 99% of them are. if the GUY named KAWGIRL does not like them and had a bad time one out four and does not want to go back there, then so be it, but don't be punk and sit there and bad mouth people with his nose stuck in his monitor just waiting to attack
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »

You are taking this very personal, don't you think? This forum is a tool used to advertise and criticize , it is the nature of the beast. If you were selling ATV's and someone got a bad deal and there was an outlet for them to vent you should expect that there will be unsatisfied customers venting. It educates the rest of us on the pitfalls of any major purchase ATV or not. Calling someone a PUNK , is uncalled for and shows lack of class. I am sure your attitude does not reflect the attitude of the Company ARS you so vehemently are defending.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 10:44:03 AM »

Let me just say that if Kawgirl and Shortcut said they were lied to, THEN THEY WERE LIED TO. They are two of the most generous and nicest people I have ever met. And if the phrase ARS SUCKS comes from either 1 of them, then I will believe the statment and tell others that inquire about ARS.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 11:08:04 AM »

Let me just say that if Kawgirl and Shortcut said they were lied to, THEN THEY WERE LIED TO. They are two of the most generous and nicest people I have ever met. And if the phrase ARS SUCKS comes from either 1 of them, then I will believe the statment and tell others that inquire about ARS.

Well said Griz,I know Shortcut and Kawgirl very well and one thing they are not is liars. I believe their story. Would I buy from ARS? Don't know. I would be VERY cautious if I did however.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 11:14:49 AM »

Thank-you Art  Kiss and Joe  Grin

OK DJT279.
So I guess you know a lot here "THIS IS KAWGIRL" and I am FEMALE!
When Shortcut post’s he sign’s Jeff below his post.

First of all the only reason I have ever said anything about ARS is when someone asked my option, and I told them about it in the "Good Bad & Ugly"  that’s what it all about Bud!  Tongue  I/we held our tongues about the situation for 6 months waiting for the all mighty "Steve" to do good, I guess my fate in him was WAY WRONG!  Sad  For 3 years I told everybody I knew looking for a Bike or ATV to buy from them, I sent a lot of business their way.
The day we got MY K/Q was a Saturday morning, we called Eric at ARS but he was out on sick leave so we spoke with Amber.  She said they did not have any in stock and to call Chad at Riders Advantage in Sebring.  So we did and was told that they had 3 K/Q’s 2 reds and a green.  We were already on the road headed that way so we were there within 1 hour…..Humm how could they drive to Miami and pick up one before we got there?  YES these bikes were left overs from a shop in Miami BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT SELL THEM! They had the old bearing in them.  And everybody knew it, so they pawned it off on us, after we asked "Was this one of the the new ones with the new bearing?"  CHAD SAID YES!
We expressed our dilemma with Suzuki of America and they spoke with Steve and hoped he would make things right.

As far as the promised extended warrantee goes...Steve said he would do this for us to make up for the problems you might say…. and have not seen it yet, and I' not talking about the one you posted….It is suppose to be a 4 year bumper-to-bumper, like the one they try to sell you when you buy the bike. 
So we waited 6 months and called 4 or 5 times and we never have seen it.  If Steve would have keep his word with that I/we never would have said a thing.  I bought my bike in June and waited till December before I ever posted a thing.  And I did not start the post “FishaHallic“  asked if anybody had any dealings with them.

SO why are you even bringing this up AGAIN? All of this was back in December and I’m sure whatever I say here I know I could never hurt ARS’s Business in the least, so are you bringing the subject back up so it is fresh in everybody's mind what a A$$ Steve is or what?  Rolling on the Floor Laughing Moon

There has been posts recently about ARS and I just ignore them.  But since you dug up one of ours up it is a different story buck-o.

Grin

P.S. I'm so glad Eric is now working at Gilbert Chevrolet  Smiley I hope he is happier now  Wink

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »

Right on Kawgirl!!!! What she said^^^^^^^^^^^

Steve you need to man up and make this right.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »

SUZI    JUST REMEMBER WHAT RON WHITE SAID!!!!

{YOU CANT FIX STUPID}

THANKS FOR HELPING US OUT Huh

BLUESMAN Cool
Clutch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »

i do not work for them, but i have known the whole famliy over 15 years and spend more of my free time there than at home (and money). i have a 05 kingquad, and have a copy of that bulletin with all my other crap. i have bought probably about 13 dirtbikes/ atv/ motorcycles from them and i know the main goal for them is to make everyone happy, not only with their prices but any continuing service. they know you can not make everyone happy, that why it bothers me to see one person sit there at his computer and bash someone and deter his friends from going there. they probably deal with at least 4000 people a year and try their hardest to make every one of them happy and probably 99% of them are. if the GUY named KAWGIRL does not like them and had a bad time one out four and does not want to go back there, then so be it, but don't be punk and sit there and bad mouth people with his nose stuck in his monitor just waiting to attack

tell then to make it right maybe your buddy is the punk, fix the damn quad, dealers in florida get a premium for there quads, they should be able to fix problems

700R Big Gun exhaust,Pro Design K&N filter,computer, Pro armor skids, AC blackline nerfs, Look for my 2005 SD Harley edition ITP beadlocks blackpowdercoated ITP HD tires
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com