Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rodman Dam Ride '06  (Read 41289 times)
jtbucfan

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2006, 10:05:18 PM »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Josh and I live in lakeland.  I was surfing the web and found this awsome web site.  My dad and I just bought  a couple of new qauds.  I am interested in joining in on the group ride.  I just wanted to know when I should show up and what to expect.  I don't want to show up and be the only one out there, or unprepaired. If any one would please send me some general info @ joshtaylor5520@tampabay.rr.com.

Thanks,
Josh

themensh

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »

Hey Josh.....
 I know what you mean by showing up and being...um....un- prepared.
  I have gone several times to Ocala national Forest......and not recognising anyone.......ridden by myself.  Not that I dislike my company, but it is comforting to ride in a group.
  The ride at rodman is almost assured to be a hoot....since at least three people are BOUND to show at once.
  From what I can tell......people here are of  all different riding abilities (I am on par with a 9 year old as far as I can tell).
  See if you and your dad can get on out......I am a definate "almost" as far as being able to get to the Rodman ride.  (I am always looking for 8 year olds to 'out ride'!!!!   (bring'em if you know 'em)  LMAO

chuck  'roast
jtbucfan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2006, 05:30:19 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a GPS system.  I decided to get one after riding out at Big Scrub.  I was back on a trail and it took me a long time to find my way back.  Does anyone know what kind of unit I should look at getting?  I want to buy the right one but I don't want to buy too much or not enough, if you know what i mean.  I will probably purchase it from Bass Proshop.  I also was wondering, just how heavy one should pack for the ride?

Thank You,
Josh
qt314nfla

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2006, 06:47:37 PM »

You might want to do a search for the topic of GPS on the site.  There are several threads.
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2006, 07:13:29 PM »

I can't afford gas but my truck should be able to pull them if you want to go.  Make a deal.....you cover gas and I'll get y'all there.

Can you quit talking about your lack of greenbacks in every other post you make. What about getting a real job or finding an old man with a little bank?
themensh

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »

how much do you need , qt314?    LMAO

As far as GPS'....it all depends what you intend to do with them....which you may want to start another thread about.
  I have a GARMIN 2720 on my quad.  It is more for the street.....but it keeps me from getting lost in the wild also.  It is not so good (so far as I have found out in FINDING places in the woods.....but it shows me a 'trail' how to get back where I was.  GSP Kurt has a GARMIN Etrex vista (I think) on his quad.......it may be more capable as far as a 'hiking/trailing/getting lost and getting back unit"...........Mine, however, can find almost any DENNYs in the USA!   (not real good when you are dying of thirst at Big Scrub............(but I can use the GPS screen to reflect the sun and signal
rescuers in a helicopter!!! LMAO)

chuck 'roast
jtbucfan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2006, 09:38:25 PM »

Thank you all for your helpful comments.  I just found out that  I will not be going on the 11th but I wish I could.  I would like to go maybe another weekend.  I am usually always open to ride just about anywhere.
I also like meeting new people to get together to ride with.  So let me know when and where the next ride is

Regards,
Josh
RubiconJim

I'm ready to ride.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2006, 07:09:31 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a GPS system.  I decided to get one after riding out at Big Scrub.  I was back on a trail and it took me a long time to find my way back.  Does anyone know what kind of unit I should look at getting?  I want to buy the right one but I don't want to buy too much or not enough, if you know what i mean.  I will probably purchase it from Bass Proshop.  I also was wondering, just how heavy one should pack for the ride?

Thank You,
Josh

Hello jtbucfan,

I;ve got a Garmin GPS60CS.  It''s a fair size hand held unit that will
fit nicely on an atv. It's also has a color screen which is very helpful for
me.  It's perfect for atving and has all the bell's and whistle's.
I also have a Garmin Etrex Vista which is very good also but my model
does not have the color screen hense I bought the GPS60CS.
I would suggest doing searches online. You probably can beat Bass Proshops
prices.
Jim

06 Rubicon. It ain't stock.
09 RZR.  Don't ride the Ruby much now.
Pics from Brimstone Tenn.
http://photobucket.com/zingo/
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2006, 09:02:46 PM »

I can't afford gas but my truck should be able to pull them if you want to go.  Make a deal.....you cover gas and I'll get y'all there.

Can you quit talking about your lack of greenbacks in every other post you make. What about getting a real job or finding an old man with a little bank?

UH-OH! DUCK!!!

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2006, 01:05:53 PM »

Oh no!

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
NPRVinson

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck with that one, you must be bored and looking for some excitement in your day. Nuke
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2006, 03:18:55 PM »

We volunteer Trail Rangers will be there with a tent, table and a map of the new Trail System.  Please find time to stop by so that we may show you and explain the map and the progress that has been made.

In addition, if anyone needs a place to camp, I have room at my place in Hog Valley for 4-6 RV's or 6-8 tents.  Let me know.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2006, 12:11:25 PM »

I may have to cancel on this one. If I do go, Stitch won't be going.
Kurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »

Alright it is getting closer let's figure out who is doing what, what are we going to do, who is showing up, what time are we meeting and so on. I'm so ready for this I took Friday off, got the wife to take Friday off, taking the kids out of school, bringing the whole dam family up there for the weekend. Time to sack up!
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2006, 12:52:37 AM »

ok so i dont have to read 4 pages (i have to wake up in 4 hours to go hunting lol) Is the ride still feb 11th and 12th? If so how long is the ride on saturday going to last, what time does it start? i can be there as early as possible, buuuut i have to work at 4 so i'd have to leave around 2 ish. Just clue me in on start and finish time of the ride so i can plan it out.  Tongue hopefully i can make this ride. never been by rodman.

thanks,

-kyle

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
mbast330r

1986 honda 330r 1999 banshee 409

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »

this is my first time on atv florida but my group is planning on going up to rodman this weekend. i need to know what time everyone is meeting at rodmans. i have about 10 -12 going in my group.some of us are leaving wednesday
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2006, 02:27:12 PM »

I SHOULD be showing up on the morning of Saturday with my daughter and staying in the pit area for a while.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »

Is this open ride new members? Can someone specify time, directions,what to bring.Anyone leaving from Palm Beach County want to caravan up?Is there camping,hotel etc???Please let me know.

qt314nfla

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2006, 09:34:15 PM »

Rides are always open to new members.  I won't be on this one and can't help you w/ time or directions.  Most group rides meeting time is 9am w/ a drivers meeting then off on the trail.  Have fun good luck trying to remember everyone you meet.
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2006, 09:38:03 PM »

I'm not going on this ride either, so I haven't followed the posts. If you read all the posts, you should find the info you need. Have a good day riding.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »

Racing PINE WOOD DERBY CARS this weekend, sorry I am not gonna be there this time
jtbucfan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2006, 11:45:21 PM »

Hello

I just might be able to make it up sunday the 12th but I will not be able to go Saturday the 11th.  Would it be worth my time to go up sunday?   I dont want to get there and everyone be tired from riding all day Saturday.  How many people plan on riding both days?  I guess, the amount of people who would like to ride on sunday will be the deciding factor as to if I come up or stay.

Thank You,
Josh 
qt314nfla

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2006, 11:48:46 PM »

If this ride mirror's any of the past group rides everyone will be packing up and going home Saturday night and Sunday.  There may be some ppl that aren't going on the group ride that might be up for a ride Sunday.  Usually the group rides are 40-70 miles on Sat.  Depending on how large the group is there are several things that slow the trip down.  It usually takes till just before dark when we get back to the parking lot.  Not sure if this ride will be like the others but if you're expecting any kind of organized group to ride with on Sunday you will most likely be dissapointed.
jtbucfan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2006, 10:42:33 AM »

Hello

Thanks Alot QT314Nfla for that helpful info.  I sure would have been dissapointed if I would have shown up riding alone on sunday.  I might just head out to River Ranch for the day instead.

Josh
mbast330r

1986 honda 330r 1999 banshee 409

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2006, 07:19:58 PM »

No one has said anything about the time we are meeting.  According to past rides it seems its around 9am.  That is what time my group will be there.  If there is anyone staying at the campground that would be willing to carry some fuel to Rodmans could they reply by tomorrow so we could exchange some information.  We stay in hog valley, I have enough fuel to make it to Rodmans & back, but not enough to do any riding while I am there,  (Banshee 409 loves gas).  I will have a laptop with me but I don't know if it will work up there or not until I get there.  I would appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com