Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TEACH BUT DON'T DARE PRAY! ???  (Read 4885 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2005, 03:43:40 AM »

After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said:

"Let me see if I've got this right . . You want me to go into that room with all those kids, and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning.

And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits. You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self esteem.

You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.

I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of anti-social behavior, make sure all students pass the mandatory state exams, even those who don't come to school regularly or complete any of their assignments. Plus, I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps get an equal education regardless of the extent of their mental or physical handicap.

And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter and report card. All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps!

You want me to do all of this and yet you expect me
. . . NOT TO PRAY

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:56:41 AM »

[smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif]
My son asked me last night after inquiring about history and the challenges he is having in that area. that Jesus is not in his Books in the New school. Up until recently My boys were enrolled in a Private School for the enrichment of Christ in their studies. it is challenging to explain to them why in a public setting that Jesus is not allowed.
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 04:07:04 AM »

I think the seperation of church and state is being taken to an extreme which is a bunch of $#!! . Our country was founded and created partly because of religious presicution.
Lets all remember.
IN GOD WE TRUST!    ITS ON OUR MONEY FOR A REASON

ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!

Iwent to Catholic school through 10th grade,I wish I could afford to put my boys through the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 04:07:40 AM by sport66 » Logged

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
meathead1

NO GUTS NO GLORY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 04:16:37 AM »

Sport 66 well said

ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 04:32:54 AM »

That is why there are private schools for such activites....and should be kept private....

not everyone wants 'god' shoved down their throats either...and personally offends me when have to endure the prayer sessions at work (or anywhere thats not a church) before events (which I am debating on taking issue with, i work for a hospital, not a church), reading such things on NON religious boards (I am not alone in this), or getting ensnared by some god loving fanatic who wont let the fact go that I do not believe in god and keeps hammering me to pray with them..i could keep going on....

it's mine, and everyone elses personal freedom whether or not they  wish to learn such things...and should be kept that way...

yer born, u make life your heaven or hell, and you die...thats it.

end of this conversation for me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 05:01:15 AM by Thrasher » Logged

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 04:49:17 AM »

It should be freedom of choice. Like taking shop class or homec. Voluntery not manditory. But when they don't say the pledge to our countries flag because of "one nation under God" I think thats total BULL$#~t. Its like a radio channel thats contraversial. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!.
If your against GOD then don't say the pledge to OUR COUNTRIES flag.
But opinions are like @holes. I've been called that before .
but I would be standing saying our pledge.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 04:50:29 AM by sport66 » Logged

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 05:20:34 AM »

If you want GOD in schools than send the kid to a religious school. Otherwise you may be forcing a child to believe in a religion that may not be theirs.

stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 07:50:32 AM »

Its a parents job to make sure they go down the right path. Just saying the pledge to "god" does not differentiate to a particular god. Its a generic term. I see nothing wrong with it.

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 08:05:35 AM »

Right on sport66 !

You all knew with such a controversial subject I couldn't stay away for long.. so here I am  Grin

This country was founded on principles that assured everyone freedom of religion. 99 percent of those founders were Christians. Their intent was to make sure that each denomination was able to practice in their own way, and to make sure that no dictator or king could prevent them from practicing their respective religions. It was not intended to ban religion from all except in closed, private settings.
Allowing children to pray in school is not forcing religion upon them, it is giving them the opportunity to pray if they wish. No one said that they can't simply stand quietly and let others engage in their beliefs. on the other hand banning God and prayer from school go to the other end of the spectrum and tells the majority, which do believe in God, that they can't do what they want because it may offend the minority that doesn't believe. Why should we forsake the masses to accomodate the few? everyone has the right to make their own choices, but only the non-believers are allowed to non-believe in public .... that is crap ! This country was founded under God and it needs to remain that way. we as religious people need to fight for our rights and not give in to the few screaming it's not good to them. they have the right to not believe or practice religion as they see fit. we need to fight to make sure that we can do the same. My children are also in private school to learn about God while learning in general. We need to force reform and make it the other way around. Lets make the few non-believers go to private atheist schools to avoid God if they want to. That would be their right and decision to do so, but they should have the extra expense if they so desire. If everyone believed in God and practiced (even in their own way, I am not saying one denomination is above others) the US and even the world would be much better places. I don't understand why we are expected to tell our kids to not steal, kill, lie etc... but putting them together under God and labeling them the Ten Commandments is taboo. If it wasn't for God we wouldn't be here. You don't have to believe or worship, but I know the truth and always will.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 08:20:29 AM »

Grin YEAH WHAT HE SAID !^

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 11:02:16 AM »

I think the seperation of church and state is being taken to an extreme which is a bunch of $#!! . Our country was founded and created partly because of religious presicution.
Lets all remember.
IN GOD WE TRUST!    ITS ON OUR MONEY FOR A REASON

ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!

Iwent to Catholic school through 10th grade,I wish I could afford to put my boys through the same thing.

I'll give someone $100 if they can show me where in the official U.S. Constitution or Ammendments where the "Separation of Church and State" is mentioned.  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 11:18:33 AM »

AMENDMENT I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion........where's my $100?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 11:20:14 AM by TRX350_On_The_Rack » Logged

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 11:33:39 AM »

Amendment I does not use the words "Separation of Church and State" that everyone throws around, try again; it's not in the Constitution.

It does however say in Amendment I:  "or prohibiting the free exercise [of religion] thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech..."

It is only the P.C. thought police that decide who, when, and what people can speak then I suppose.  We can't have freedom of speech if everything that is said or what is not said is controlled by government.  

Granted everything that people say is not always appropriate at all times, but taking away that freedom to speak is wrong.

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 01:37:01 PM »

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion to me sure sounds like separation of state and church. Church cannot make laws, thus seperating Church from State. This was made 214 years ago. Vocabulary has advanced. It still means the same.

Interpretation:  

A. An explanation or conceptualization by a critic of a work of literature, painting, music, or other art form; an exegesis.
     B. A performer's distinctive personal version of a song, dance, piece of music, or role; a rendering.

mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 03:11:14 PM »

killing in the name of...

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 03:26:37 PM »

Religion and politics. For centuries there have been and still are wars regarding these topics. Our daughter was enrolled at Hollywood Christian only thru elementery school  because it started to get to expensive for our budget at the time.It got more expensive every grade. HOWEVER,it was one of the best investments we have ever made. If your obviously not reseptive to someone preaching to you they will know it and in most cases will move on and silently pray for you. I wouldn't say anyone is cramming it down anyones throat by simpling allowing it in public forums. It isn't the law to play the national anthem at a Nascar race or any other sporting event but we do.Does that mean you have to stand? NO. It is your choice. If you were anti american you have the option to sit or stand.I personally remove my hat and stand.It's no different with prayer in school.If you choose not to pray then you have that choice,but who has the right to say were not allowed? Prayer was allways allowed in the past and should still be in my opinion. P.S  If you dont like "in GOD we trust" on your money I will gladly take it. LOL. I'm not a holy roller and I'm not the best christian I should be but I am proud to be a christian and feel I should have the right to express that wherever I am. If you are an athiest than I'm sad to hear that but it's definately your purogative. I for one will refrain from posting anymore on this topic only because I feel there is no happy medium.You either believe or you dont believe. I myself thank god daily for all of my families blessings. You would be surprised how many so called athiests try to talk to god when there on there death bed or have a major tradegy in there lives.But if there not sincere there only fooling thereselves. I'm not preaching the gospel here I'm only saying that we should have the choice . I'm done.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 03:29:49 PM by CABLEGUY1 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com