Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: riding wheelies on a raptor  (Read 4228 times)
350_raptor

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2005, 10:14:24 PM »

does anyone have any tips on riding wheelies on a yamaha raptor 350 ?
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »

Yup, HOLD ON!!! Wink

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
350_raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 01:46:30 AM »

when are you going to send them to me
look i can ride them but not far at all because i am not heavy enough so i put my foot in the back swing bar or whatever then i use my left foot to balance but i always push the throttle to much or less but i wanna have some tips so i can be able to it is a stock 350 raptor and could you make me a list of the best thing to make my raptor faster and better if possible but mainly help on riding wheelies thanks
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 10:56:03 AM »

one thing to remember is the front comes up with torque, if you remove the torque you stop the momentum unless you go over center. simply put become good friends with the rear brake pedal, as the front end comes up tap the rear brake pedal and it will go right back down and keep you on the bike well that is unless you have to much forward momentum and go over the handle bars. you'll want to find the balance point and work from there. Good luck and be safe
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 10:56:35 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 11:20:14 AM »

ok first, overcome the fear of falling or flipping when you go too far back. First get in some grass and perposly rev it up and dump the clutch so you go back onto the grab bar a few times and hold on! Don't bail! Then Put your left foot in the grab bar, and your right foot still on the right peg, and be ready to hit the rear brake pedal. Now it is best to learn in second gear becuase it is harder to run out of gear. First gear revs out quick and its harder to learn in that gear. Now yes you will be going faster in second gear, just be careful and know your limits.
   Make sure your rear tires are aired the same pressure or else you will drift to one side. The brake and the clutch are your friend! It is easier to go to far at first and work your way back down to the balance point, but starting to low you will only be doing a powerwheelie and you will eventually run out of gear. The balance point will feel like your about to go too far back but you wont. Also, do not be blipping the throttle once you get the balance point, pick a steady place and keep your thumb/throttle there. Now if your about to go too far back let off the throttle, if that isnt enough, BARELY and i mean BARELY tap the rear brake. Tap it too hard and youll be chewing on bars/pavement/grass. I learned that one the hard way.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 11:21:02 AM by lakemarykid » Logged

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
350_raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 11:49:13 AM »

ok look i put my right foot in the grab bar and then i use my left one out to hold my balance is that right??  or is that not right so i am supposed to put my left foot in the grab bar and then my right on the right pedal for the back brake?? then brake when it goes to far or what??
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 11:58:13 AM »

i put a pipe air filter kit and jetting on mine and that thing can wheelie i almost flip the quad at a start of a race. i think hmf is the best pipe for the 350.

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 12:19:56 PM »

I just learned them and there really easy, But I can say this if your In GRASS and you flip back nothing will happen but your grab bar diggin into the ground and slowing you down. It will leave ruts!
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 12:49:05 PM »

ok look i put my right foot in the grab bar and then i use my left one out to hold my balance is that right??  or is that not right so i am supposed to put my left foot in the grab bar and then my right on the right pedal for the back brake?? then brake when it goes to far or what??

Left foot in grab bar and right foot on peg/rear brake and yes when you feel your going to far, let off the gas and if need be hit the rear brake.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
350_raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 12:54:15 PM »

thanks a lot man but does anyone have any suggestions on putting aftermarket parts on my 350 stock raptor if so like give me a quote of how much it will be and how it will make my quad please thanks a lot man for helping me out
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 07:44:24 PM »

thanks a lot man but does anyone have any suggestions on putting aftermarket parts on my 350 stock raptor if so like give me a quote of how much it will be and how it will make my quad please thanks a lot man for helping me out

post your question in the Tech section for more response
raptorboy954

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 07:57:13 PM »

hey i just learned to ride wheelies through all gears on my rappy and its all about balance using the brake and gas. once u learn the basics of the brake and gas. then u can start to change gears but be careful. take it easy and know ur limits

raptorboy

LOOKING FOR A NEW QUAD
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »

know ur limits

raptorboy

[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com