Main Menu

Oil flush

Started by Joedirt, November 21, 2005, 07:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joedirt

After drowning your bike......what do you all consider the standard...when it comes to oil flushes...to get clear oil?

I have cleared the cylider, drained bowl , drained and dried airbox, pumped the oil Pump out....and am about to start the flushing using cheap oil.......did I miss anything?

MUST I use a new filter for every change?
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

rappy350

you should use a filter for every oil change if the oil is dirty then so is the filter
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Nocturnal

You don't need to use a filter with every change if your just flushing it to get the water out. Just remember to put a filter in it when your done.
2007 Camo King Quad 700 - 26" 589's
2005 Honda Rancher AT - Tamarack Front box, Kenwood stereo, 25" 589's, K&N

2006 VTX 1300C - K&N, windshield, bags

Truegrit

Quote from: Nocturnal on November 21, 2005, 08:31:23 PM
You don't need to use a filter with every change if your just flushing it to get the water out. Just remember to put a filter in it when your done.

Correct. You only need too run the motor long enough to suspend the water in the oil. Then drain it. It should only need to run for 10 -20 seconds. Then drain. and repeat until clear. YOU may find it quicker if you remove the oil cooler or detatch the hoses. You can flush that w/ brake cleaner, because that stuff dries quck and leaves no residue. Once that is clear you may find the motor clears up quicker.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

Chuck_Norris

It has taken nearly a case and a 1/2 of oil to clear out a submerged Arctic cat 500.

Joedirt

Well after all was said and done- :o

5 oil flushes.....1-2 more tonight 3 rotated filters
Fuel Tank drain- 3 gallons water/gas
Brake chamber had about 6oz of water
Belt housing had close to a gallon....LOL
Airbox was FULL of water
Blew water out of the Motor upon removing  spark plug

phew.....can I use the Rotella T 15W 40 in my Bike....I use it for My Generator and all high temp/ High rev machines I have....Just not sure if the Diesel grade oil would adversely affect my bike or not....
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Moose

I only had 2 qts of water in mine, but it only holds 2.2 qts of oil anyway. I had to change it five times to look good. First three looked like vanilla milk shakes, kind of had me worried. Then on the fourth, the oil looked much better, and even more on the fifth. Then I put the good oil in, good to go. Has looked good ever since, no signs of water at all.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Joedirt

Well I had it out at the Prarie this weekend...and all is well.....fist thing I did was take it in the water and do a wheelie.......
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

meathead1

drain oil remove filter replace filter cover delute new oil with mineral spirits 50-50 run enigine for 1 min drain repeat proceedure  let drain should be good to go have done this for years dont forget to replace filter after 2nd rinse
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner