Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 most dangerous toys  (Read 3063 times)
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2005, 12:27:37 PM »

10 most dangerous toys
Toys ranging from a pair of oversized fists to plush ponies and energy beam blasters make the list.
November 17, 2005: 12:00 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - What do dolls and ponies have in common with crossbows and energy beam blasters? They're all toys that have the potential to cause childhood injuries, or even death, according to an organization advocating toy safety.

World Against Toys Causing Harm, also known as W.A.T.C.H., issued its 10 Worst Toys list for 2005 on Thursday. Most of the toys on the list -- which aren't ranked in a particular order -- pose choking hazards or could cause face and eye injuries.

Toys singled out for potential choking hazards include Target's Baby Serena - Baby I'm Yours doll, which comes with a rattle and bottles that can be dissambled into small parts that could be swallowed.

Fisher Price's Little Mommy Bath Baby Doll, made by Mattel, also comes with a bottle whose parts could cause choking, the consumer safety organization said.

Animal Alley Ponies, distributed by Toys R Us, can cause ingestion injuries, W.A.T.C.H. said. The soft, colorful ponies aimed at infants have long, fiberlike hair that can be hazardous.

City Blocks, distributed by IQ Preschool - Small World Toys, also made the list because of the potential for ingestion and choking injuries.

The Camouflage Water Bomb Fun Kit from Pioneer Worldwide -- a slingshot capable of forcefully firing "water bombs" -- could cause eye injuries, W.A.T.C.H. said.

The Splatmatic Pistol Splat Paintball Shooter, which fires paint balls at a high velocity, also made the list because of its potential for eye, face and other impact injuries, as did Hasbro's Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith Energy Beam Blaster, which comes with pressurized "energy-beam string canisters."

W.A.T.C.H. also said The Lord of the Rings - Return of the King Uruk-Hai Crossbow set, which catapults arrows at high velocity, is dangerous because of its potential to cause eye injuries.

Geospace International's 38" Air Kicks Kickaroos Anti-Gravity Boots, which fit over shoes and help children bounce around, also made the list. The manufacturer instructs users to "always remain in control of your motions," but that directive is unrealistic, W.A.T.C.H. said, citing the toy's potential for head or other impact injuries.

Toy Biz's Fantastic 4 Electronic Thing Hands -- a pair of oversized fists -- made the list because it could cause blunt impact injuries.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:57:32 PM »

my son who is 7 has 2 pair of the hulk gloves and he and his cousin duke it out everytime they get around each other so far they have not hurt each other
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 03:35:22 PM »

my son who is 7 has 2 pair of the hulk gloves and he and his cousin duke it out everytime they get around each other so far they have not hurt each other

Peanut and Austin have themalso. We have Friday night fights in the living room almost every weekend and we've only been to the emergency room twice.  Wink

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 03:42:03 PM »

Peanut and Austin have themalso. We have Friday night fights in the living room almost every weekend and we've only been to the emergency room twice.  Wink

Those are cool as hell. Bring the guys over, beer, and watch the kids duke it out. Like being at the MGM grand watching a heavyweight title.  Wink

Although I really want a pair of the anti gravity boots. That sounds like fun. Where were all those types of toys when I was a kid? lol.  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 05:45:49 PM »

My cousin has them Hulk fists and he loves punching me Roll Eyes

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 06:16:23 PM »

My cousin has them Hulk fists and he loves punching me Roll Eyes

Yea I know those gloves pretty good.  I don't think Azmo has gone to the ER from them.....Yet

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:30:34 PM »

alot of this stuff or similar to it was out when we were kids and well I guess I turned out ok,
themensh

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 07:52:41 PM »

I guess 'jumping-up-and-down' on a bed is not unsafe (didn't se iton the list).
  Were bicycles there anywhere?..........
Hmmmmmm....should I get my neiphew a pair of electronic "HULK" hands that he may suffer blunt force trauma (I called 'blunt force trauma' FOURTH GRADE).....or should I get him a pit bull puppy?
  I don't want to see kids get hurt......but parents need to take responsibility
and kids need to learn also.
  Heck, I made home-made catapults that would send a dirt clod over 50 yards....not to mention sling shots! (either of those on the list?)
  Ah, the stuff I did with my brothers black powder and a zippo!!!    LOL
   electronic HULK hands dangerous?     Yeh, RIGHT!!!

Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com