Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best 250/350 class Utility?  (Read 4987 times)
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:36:31 AM »

Just looking for the pros and cons of each and which one is the best overall value. I don't know much about the Utes so looking for some help. This is for the GF although I am sure I will ride it occasionally. Wanting to basically leave it stock other than tires. Looking for something that rides plush and has a good bit of power for the size. Also don't want to get something that is to heavy for her to handle so I am kinda sketchy on the 350 class quads. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 04:46:48 AM by Bigg_Pimpin » Logged

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 04:42:01 AM »

i'd go for the most power for the money. the recon isnt bad, mitch had one it followed me all over ocala. this must be for your girlfriend. if it was for you i would upgrade to 4wd.
i see you changed your name. hollywood fits you better.  

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 04:48:41 AM »

i'd go for the most power for the money. the recon isnt bad, mitch had one it followed me all over ocala. this must be for your girlfriend. if it was for you i would upgrade to 4wd.
i see you changed your name. hollywood fits you better.  

jeff

Yea it is Jeff. I modified the above post.  Wink No need for 4x4 for her a good 4x2 with some tires should do anything she ever needs. I am leaning toward the Trail Boss right now as it seems to be the best bang for the buck but am still a little leary knowing Polaris's issues with reliability hopefully someone has some input on it specifically.
Yea I think so too kinda outgrew the other name years ago.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 04:51:04 AM by Bigg_Pimpin » Logged

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 05:20:18 AM »

i voted trailboss.

jeff

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 05:30:44 AM »

I am die hard Yamaha, but you cannot go wrong with a Rancher. It is one of the toughest I have ever rode. And also, it is a pretty comfy ride.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Seabee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 06:09:28 AM »

Steve, just get the Rancher, 4x4 though, so Hope doesn't have to pull Candice out anymore.

2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 06:36:54 AM »

i have had my rancher for 1 year now. it looks like i have had it for 4 or 5 years cause of the abuse i give it. mine is always in 4x4 obviously it would be better to be able to switch between the 2 but i am very happy with mines. and since i put my 25" 589's on it i seem to be able to get through a lot more stuff with ease. i love my bike it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. if you go with the rancher get the at. you 2would be able to switch between 4x4 and 2x4, and it is a smooth ride.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 06:37:44 AM »

I've never ridden the Rancher but as you know Steve, We have a Recon. This is the best little 2x4 I have ever seen. It will pull like nothinhg I've ever seen and is just a great all round quad. It's light enough so if you get stuck just get off and it will float to the top.
Think hard about the Recon Steve.  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 07:00:46 AM »

Rancher definitely the best for this poll, but for 4X2 take the Recon.

KFXhead

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 09:16:30 AM »

Check out the Kymco MXU250. Automatic, digital dash, 2wd, front & rear racks, dual halogen headlights, front & rear disc brakes,a trailer hitch, electric start & liquid cooled. MSRP $3199.00. I bought my wife the 250 sport model & it is a great quad, the only quad in the 250 sport class with automatic & front & rear disc brakes & water cooled. It will top out about 52mph. We go to the ONF all the time & she stays with me all day in the trails. Before you pull the trigger on any of those models you owe it to yourself to check this one out. Oh yeah, a 1year full warranty, not 6months like the others you listed. Gator Ford just outside of Tampa sells them. Dirtwheels gave them a great rating on their mini quads & the 250 models. About 2-3 issues ago I think.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 09:50:38 AM by KFXhead » Logged
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 09:27:58 PM »

I've never ridden the Rancher but as you know Steve, We have a Recon. This is the best little 2x4 I have ever seen. It will pull like nothinhg I've ever seen and is just a great all round quad. It's light enough so if you get stuck just get off and it will float to the top.
Think hard about the Recon Steve.  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

I have to agree with Mike, and you can't go wrong with Honda reliability.  I've mudded, jumped and raced mine all over the state.  (Underneath it's nearly a 250EX)  

You might think about the transmissions and suspensions as well.  The Polaris differs a lot with their automatics, but it depends on what is important to the rider using it and how much experience they have.

Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 11:18:13 PM »

Thanks for the input! Right now we are really leaning between the Trail Boss and the Rancher. I really love the Recon too especially with the Rancher style plastics they now have but I think it is going to be a little rough riding and small(wheelbase) for what she wants. Since she already said she doesn't like the ride of the 250ex  :-/ Really just need to get out there and let her test fit the different quads and sizes to see what fits best then see who wants to deal.

KFXhead- I am looking into the Kymco as I read that same article you were talking about and there is another company that sells Honda knock offs up here Big Daddy ATV's for about the same price.

Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 11:24:18 PM »

You might think about the transmissions and suspensions as well.  The Polaris differs a lot with their automatics, but it depends on what is important to the rider using it and how much experience they have.

She likes the auto but is not stuck completly on it. The susp. is really the main thing. She mainly just wants something that doesn't beat you up so bad like the 250. The Polaris's do seem to have some of the most plush suspensions still concerned about the reliability though.

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 05:10:32 AM »

ok, so your getting your girlfriend a $3,800.00 quad. is this your way of proposing? i like it. if you break up who gets the quad?  Grin

jeff

Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 05:36:39 AM »

ok, so your getting your girlfriend a $3,800.00 quad. is this your way of proposing? i like it. if you break up who gets the quad?  Grin

jeff

LMAO I guess you could say that! In reality though I am just helping her get it, it'll be all hers. I did tell her I'd buy the new tires for it too!  Wink
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:38:32 AM by Bigg_Pimpin » Logged

innocent_bystander

Polaris Sportsman 500 w/ Blue Bug Lights

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 07:56:31 AM »

Take a look at the Yamaha Wolverine. Its a 350 and full time 4 wheel drive. Its not heavy at all, and still has enough muscle to pull my buddy who weighs 300 pounds.

Life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com