Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weight limit/setting on ELKAS  (Read 2365 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2005, 12:56:20 PM »

Hey guys: I was wondering if you could help me out here. I mostly ride trails but with the growing problems we are facing with our riding areas I see myself at the track more often. I ride a heavily modified Raptor which I love. However, for the track there are better options. My wife rides a pretyy much stock 400 so my question is. If I take that bike and build it for MX, can I get away with the Elkas being set to 175-200 rider so that I can cater to both of our weights. She wieghs probably about 140 and I wiegh 240.
Keep in mind I dont catch a crazy amount of air, ever. But do get up there at times. WILL THE ELKAS HOLD UP TO MY WEIGHT (set at 175-200) AND/OR WILL THEY BE TO ROUGH FOR THE WIFEY TO RIDE RECREATIONALLY?

Thanks in Advance fellas!!!
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:53:19 PM »

I'm not sure, but I would call Elka and present your situation to them and see what they say. I heard they have really good customer support.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:08:10 AM »

I'm not sure, but I would call Elka and present your situation to them and see what they say. I heard they have really good customer support.

Thanks a lot man. Glad to see someone responded....
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:37:37 AM »

IMO You would do better to get the shocks for your weight but go with a triple rate spring. Mine are set up for a 200-225 pound rider and are still more comfortable to ride on for my fiance than the stockers in the trails and she only weighs maybe 115. It's always better to have them valved heavy than light. Besides most of your trail ride comfort is going to come from the top 2 springs with that light of a rider anyway.

BTW Mrs. Nightbreed took mine out at the track a few times and she weighs about the same as my fiance and had no problems with my set-up.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 02:29:45 PM »

IMO You would do better to get the shocks for your weight but go with a triple rate spring. Mine are set up for a 200-225 pound rider and are still more comfortable to ride on for my fiance than the stockers in the trails and she only weighs maybe 115. It's always better to have them valved heavy than light. Besides most of your trail ride comfort is going to come from the top 2 springs with that light of a rider anyway.

BTW Mrs. Nightbreed took mine out at the track a few times and she weighs about the same as my fiance and had no problems with my set-up.

You know Hollywood, I can always count on you for a detailed explanation regarding my questions. Thanks man. We have to get out and ride with the Candies!!!LOL.....
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:42:04 PM »

Hey man I just try to help out when I can. I don't know much but there are a few things. lol
Just let me know when! We mostly ride the track these days but we're headed out to Jasper pretty soon and I'll go just about anywhere I get too as long as it doesn't conflict with other things.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
The hyrbid kid
Supreme Member

LIFE'S SHORT RIDE HARD.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:47:27 PM »

See personily i hate elka the ones i had on my trx were sh!t..
but when i was little and weight 125 i felt the most confort on my freinds 400ex and his shocks were set at 175 200 they were axis..
it is better to have heavy then weak..
and for trail riding they should do fine..
if not u can always have them revaled...

07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 04:29:23 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys. Hollywood, I will hit you up one day and we will ride!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com