Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OPINON ON RANCHER AT  (Read 11011 times)
inked4life87

« on: April 11, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »

I GOING TO BUY ONE AND WANTED TO SEE WHAT OTHER OWNERS THOUGHT OF IT,IT LOOKS GREAT TO ME ALL THE TOYS 400CC,JUST WHAT I NEED,AND I CAN AFFORD.
SoFlaEiger

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »

I GOING TO BUY ONE AND WANTED TO SEE WHAT OTHER OWNERS THOUGHT OF IT,IT LOOKS GREAT TO ME ALL THE TOYS 400CC,JUST WHAT I NEED,AND I CAN AFFORD.

Eiger...Eiger...EIGER...hehe

It's about $1,000 cheaper, faster top end, better low end tq, and has a better warranty.
inked4life87

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:59:38 PM »

the problem is i got approved for the honda finance
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 05:45:08 PM »

If Honda approved you it is likely that Suzuki will approve you. In all honesty though if Honda approved you, go to your bank and talk to them, I got my truck loan for 8% for 5years my boat at 7.5% for 4 years and my atv's are at .25% over prime(currently 6%) all of them are through my banker, it also makes it nice to have someone to talk to face to face. My beacon score is quite low(not even 600) so these rates are extremely good for my credit. If I were you I would go with Suzuki Eiger and its also possible depending on what terms hond credit was offering that you may be able to get a Vinson for the same monthly payment as the rancher with lower interest.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 05:45:45 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:47:20 PM »

I have heard  they have seal drive  shafts  and  seal drum brakes.But I have heard rancher AT is very good.I looking planning buy a used  one somewhere between  2003-2004.I look getting it around  early winter  or late winter 2006.And depends what type  atv you use.My best bet go with all season tire And I like itp atr holeshots tire be my best and better  traction on your atv.

thanks,
amhighlander

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 04:01:49 PM »

I have heard  they have seal drive  shafts  and  seal drum brakes.But I have heard rancher AT is very good.I looking planning buy a used  one somewhere between  2003-2004.I look getting it around  early winter  or late winter 2006.And depends what type  atv you use.My best bet go with all season tire And I like itp atr holeshots tire be my best and better  traction on your atv.

thanks,
amhighlander

Huh Huh
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 05:04:14 PM »

Huh Huh

exactly what i was thinking [smiley=lecture.gif]

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
inked4life87

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 08:43:07 PM »

well after talking to zilla954 i thing im going to buy what he is getting.eiger 400.for the price  you cant beat it and has hi/lo gear.a nice plus.
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 08:57:24 PM »

well after talking to zilla954 i thing im going to buy what he is getting.eiger 400.for the price  you cant beat it and has hi/lo gear.a nice plus.

wtf mate?? what i said wasn't enough?? Sad  welcome to the Eiger Claw Clan! lol
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 10:01:07 PM »

I didnt even read the posts, Just the topic of the thread, And all I got to say is THEY SUCK, save your money.
NPRVinson

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 04:46:13 AM »

Nature Coast Motorsports : 'O5 Vinson 5 speed $4999 Go with the Vinson Smiley
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 06:04:11 AM »

If you want a bike that is dependible then get a Honda.

SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 07:44:39 AM »

If you want a bike that is dependible then get a Honda.

Now a days, most any bike is going to be dependable.  The standards are so high now and companies all have essentially the same technology applied to their build process.

And dependibility doesn't mean anything with the Honda because on the chance taht something DOES happen, that 6 month warranty for $6k is crap when you could get a 4 year warranty for $6k with free service (so $5.6K without the service)
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 09:07:44 PM »

Nature Coast Motorsports : 'O5 Vinson 5 speed $4999 Go with the Vinson Smiley

those kind of atvs have drive diffrent.Drive  diffrent  makes traction go alot harder on ground and it can go through snow and mud very good and not getting stuck.I saw some of that on atv tv on  the outdoor channel network. Grin Smiley

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
NPRVinson

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 04:55:49 AM »

those kind of atvs have drive diffrent.Drive  diffrent  makes traction go alot harder on ground and it can go through snow and mud very good and not getting stuck.I saw some of that on atv tv on  the outdoor channel network. Grin Smiley

Huh
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 06:19:33 AM »

ATV Ebonics Lesson 1

Drive different or otherwise know as "different drive" is really variable-speed belt-drive  Grin
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:20:27 AM by TRX350_On_The_Rack » Logged

ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 06:44:10 AM »

all i know is i remember one day at the squares when i came across a couple on the eiger and i had 2 tow them back cause the eiger wouldn't start. did not find out what the problem was but kept on hearing the couple say that this was like the 4th time it happens and they had to take it back to the dealer. the same happened to a buddy of mine on a polaris. my rancher had to tow a polaris 500 back to his house cause the dam thing wouldn't start. i will stick with my honda anyday of the week. the abuse i give it is just wrong but everytime i go to start it up she runs great.

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 06:48:23 AM »

Well said ish Smiley

SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 07:44:06 AM »

all i know is i remember one day at the squares when i came across a couple on the eiger and i had 2 tow them back cause the eiger wouldn't start. did not find out what the problem was but kept on hearing the couple say that this was like the 4th time it happens and they had to take it back to the dealer. the same happened to a buddy of mine on a polaris. my rancher had to tow a polaris 500 back to his house cause the dam thing wouldn't start. i will stick with my honda anyday of the week. the abuse i give it is just wrong but everytime i go to start it up she runs great.

I remember one time up north when my buddy was riding his foreman and all the sudden, out of nowhere, he heard a big crunch and i had to tow him all the way back home.  He blew out his rear end on a two week old bike just cruisin along in 2wd.

sh*t happens Smiley  thank god for warranties
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 08:20:19 AM »

Yeah I put sand, bolts and metal shavings in his rearend when he wasn't looking.  Smiley

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 08:30:40 AM »

I believe that every ATV in the world will have supporters and enemies. In all honesty it doesn't matter which atv you buy, as long as you are comfortable on it and it is in your price range. They all have warranties and most are made by large corporations that have been trusted for years and years by many people. The only ones I would be wary of are the "EBAY SPECIALS". Just make sure it fits your riding style and your wallett and you will be more than happy with anything you buy!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 09:31:51 AM »

I believe that every ATV in the world will have supporters and enemies. In all honesty it doesn't matter which atv you buy, as long as you are comfortable on it and it is in your price range. They all have warranties and most are made by large corporations that have been trusted for years and years by many people. The only ones I would be wary of are the "EBAY SPECIALS". Just make sure it fits your riding style and your wallett and you will be more than happy with anything you buy!

well said....

so go buy the more powerful eiger for a grand less Wink
inked4life87

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 09:34:04 AM »

that is what im going to do..more bang for the buck
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 12:21:29 PM »

Well I say if you can afford the honda go with it. If not get what you can because we will always be willing to pull you out. J/K Grin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 12:30:56 PM »