Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 660 Grizz wouldn't start after bath  (Read 2747 times)
SuperGrizz12

When in doubt .......Gas it!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:56:21 PM »

So this weekend I took my grizz out and ran it through some nasty a$$ mud holes buried it to the fenders twice. Ran like a champ no sputtering or ne of that stupid crap people are always sayin about grizz. Rode all the way back to the truck about 3 miles and then power washed it clean , went to load up and it sputtered for a sec and died never to restart. no biggie thought I got some water somewhere. waited till next day and tried to restart ,same thing sputter for a few secs and die. pulled the plug , sparkin fine could smell gas from exhaust, no water in air box or cylinder , put the same plug back in bike after checking spark and it fired up and ran like a raped ape ,  and yes the kill switch was on , WHAT HAPPENED?Huh? Dunno

05 Grizz - 27" XTR's on 14's - HMF and SETX snorkel -comming soon
05 Kodiak 450 - 26" mudlites
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:54:34 PM »

now be careful while doing this and dont hold me responsible.

Take the plug out and try starting it. See if any water comes out.  make sure theres no water and then u can tow it and see if it starts. But don't do it until some other members chime in to make sure its okay because I got critized for doing something similar to my bike.
JustC1582

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 04:15:41 AM »

Do you think the pressure washing had anything to do with it?

2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard
kodiak-jason

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 08:17:08 AM »

The pressure washer had everything to do with it. You can use the pressure washer , just don't get too close to the bike with it. It will put water where you don't want it. Pull the spark plug boot back off anf put some dielectric grease in there. Then put the grease in every electrical connector if you plan on riding deep water all the time. Jason

"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 12:03:15 PM »

No because I do that to my bike every weekend. Also long as its not on extremely high pressure its okay.
kodiak-jason

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 12:46:47 PM »

No because I do that to my bike every weekend. Also long as its not on extremely high pressure its okay.
  If it was water in the cylinder it would'nt turn over. Second it is a c.v.t. transmission can't pull start it,"you can but that's a whole different topic." Third when he removed the plug wire the water that was in there was removed. Plus he said he rode it 3mi. back to his truck,then pressure washed it. So yes the pressure washer had everything to do with it. Jason
now be careful while doing this and dont hold me responsible.

Take the plug out and try starting it. See if any water comes out.  make sure theres no water and then u can tow it and see if it starts. But don't do it until some other members chime in to make sure its okay because I got critized for doing something similar to my bike.
I'm not being a s/a but read you're response. Jason

"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock
SuperGrizz12

When in doubt .......Gas it!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 09:54:02 PM »

My plug cap was dry . I drove home, with the bike in the back of my truck,  with it off the plug and it still would't start the next day.  The only conclusion I can come to is that some how there was a tiny bit of moisture in the plug its self in the cylinder , and once I removed the plug and fired it with the plug removed ( to check the spark) it vaporized the water and removed it from the cyl.

05 Grizz - 27" XTR's on 14's - HMF and SETX snorkel -comming soon
05 Kodiak 450 - 26" mudlites
themensh

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 05:28:54 PM »

somehow during 'power wash' the spark plug boot can disconnected from plug.....so spark wasn't getting to the plug?)
  When you took plug out.........when you reconnected plug boot.......it made contact and started?  Just a guess......
  How about....You flooded the quad after the wash? (You smelled fuel at the
exhaust).  Next day......it started.
  Sounds like the power wash had something to do with it.
  Glad you got it going again!

Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com