Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 04 yfz 450  (Read 8371 times)
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

Lifes better when all 4 wheels are under the quad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:36:27 PM »

Is there any thing wrong with the 04 yfz 450???   Huh Dunno

Anything

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:35:22 PM »

the seat is hard

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 01:37:47 PM »

The foot pegs are a little high. Wink

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 02:01:08 PM »

Is that it

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »

Is that it

i have a 04 nothing wrong with it in generall. the reason its in the shop right now is because of idiots that dont know how to put an engine together. Angry

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 07:59:30 PM »

Is that it

i have a 04 nothing wrong with it in generall. the reason its in the shop right now is because of idiots that dont know how to put an engine together. Angry
Hey jake still riding at sunshine I heard they change the track is that true and how is it, i think i'll be there this wednesday breaking in a new motor and my self.  Huh
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:49:15 AM by trx#9 » Logged

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 09:05:13 PM »

Is that it

Hey jake still riding at sunshine I heard they change the track is that true and how is it, i think i'll be there this wensday breaking in a new motor and my self.  Huh

i'll be breaking in my new motor to. Grin  hopfully. Undecided i dont think they changed the track i was there wed. and it was still the same. im going to try the new track at brooksville sunday to see how that is.

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 12:14:40 PM »

Is that it

Hey jake still riding at sunshine I heard they change the track is that true and how is it, i think i'll be there this wensday breaking in a new motor and my self.  Huh

i'll be breaking in my new motor to. Grin  hopfully. Undecided i dont think they changed the track i was there wed. and it was still the same. im going to try the new track at brooksville sunday to see how that is.

Hey man, do you have anymore info on the track at Brooksville? Website, location, phone  etc???

Thanks

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 12:44:22 PM »

Is that it

Hey man, do you have anymore info on the track at Brooksville? Website, location, phone  etc???

Thanks

brooksvillemotocross.com

tomorrow is practice starts at 12:00 gates open at 11:00  i think it ends at 5:00 you should stop by i'll be on the old 350. Grin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 01:25:34 PM by raptor350 » Logged

superstar
Supreme Member

YALLMINEHAULS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 11:17:57 PM »

Is there any thing wrong with the 04 yfz 450???   Huh Dunno

Anything
[/q
uote]

I have read alot about these bikes on quite a larger scale than just this website. Being such a hot item for several years runnin, there are alot of web sites or forums for owners and such, that contain endless information, and hundreds of different scenarios,set ups, riding terrains and elevations.Also being an owner myself I havent seen really anything that really stands out other than a few petty complaints like the seat and the stiff throttle. My thoughts on the seat, if your ridin the z the way the z wants to be ridden your a$$ shouldnt touch the seat long enough for the lack of cushion to be a factor. Now i have read several different topics on the battery dying prematurely(some say due to cam mods and the higher demands on turning the engine over because of the steeper lobe), also have been advised by several different techs that the oil seals do not last long, due to the location of the water pump directly under the head pipe, which gets extremely hot, extremely fast, in turn heats the case and drys them out quiker. Most complaints of most natures come from those individuals who have modded the bike in some way or another. I also have read that the decompression plug is subject to failure causing the oil to spew out onto head pipe and catch fire. As you can see theres a whole aray of different types of possibilities of failures or problems with the z, but no more than any other bike i would guess. It all depends on your style of riding and whether you take care of it after a good hard days ride or if you just put it away and forget about it until next weekend. Its just another machine, and whether we like it or not, there will be problems and failures somewhere along the line. Personally i try to learn about these things and prepeare ahead of time. I havent seen anything except the outter oil seal dry out, which with a new seal and 15 minutes of spare time is a problem solved, with no damage done if dealt w/in a timely manner, and not put off like i mentioned before. Its like 70% of the posts in the tech corner forum. Somebodys always wantin to know why there bike isnt runnin right after being completely submerged. Holy smokes if your not any more mechanically inclined to know that water in your engine is a bad thing, sell it and do the bike a huge favor. Other wise instead of puttin gas in it just grab the garden hose and fill er up. Anyways the z is a good bike thats not anymore prone to failure than any other. I can go out anytime and fire it up and ride for hours w/out the first sign of trouble.
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 01:00:24 PM »

That YFZ is tight!..... Stop asking questions and buy it!! That thing will blow raptor350's sprockets off! Grin You just need minor changes!

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 03:16:08 PM »

I may blow raptor350's sproket off but the yfz i want is about $5000 away from his  Grin  but i hope i can give him a run for his money Undecided

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 09:45:27 PM »

I may blow raptor350's sproket off but the yfz i want is about $5000 away from his  Grin  but i hope i can give him a run for his money Undecided

There is no competition THE YFZ with put it on the mini raptor hard
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 10:14:16 PM »

you think you can blow my sprockets off. im not tring to act like im the best but come on. im almost keepin up with trx#9 and hes fast. Wink

Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 02:41:25 PM »

how

Are you saying that he got 5 g's more in his quad! Huh and can you email me that YFZ... lost it!! My BAD!!

'03 F-250 7.3L
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 05:48:38 PM »

how

Are you saying that he got 5 g's more in his quad! Huh and can you email me that YFZ... lost it!! My BAD!!

more like 10g's Wink

Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 03:39:45 PM »

You wish

'03 F-250 7.3L
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 10:01:02 PM »

You wish

no really raptor350's yfz is one of the nicest i have ever seen Wink.  and about me beating him....it wouldn't be any time soon i think the ony way i do that if he brakes down but with my luck ill be the one braking down Grin

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 10:38:22 AM »

You wish

no really. Wink

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 02:36:21 PM »

a friend of mine has an 04 yfz, all he has on it performane wise is a filter and sparks exhuast, he races at the seminole treack and is always in the top 3 Wink
so i would say theres nothing really wrong with it.
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 08:04:33 AM »

Than if Raptor350 is that fast.... why dont you put Nos!!! Cool

'03 F-250 7.3L
gytr450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 06:45:32 PM »

i have an 04 yfz u can buy 2 beat him with

yfz450
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 08:27:16 PM »

i have an 04 yfz u can buy 2 beat him with

ya right.

but if i keep riding like i am (crashing) then he might have a chance. j/k hey woody heading out to dade this weekend. i am. Wink

WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 10:42:51 PM »

i might go out thursday but not sat im going to orlando

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
400EX
Supreme Member

Daddy Hugh Racing Honda-Yamaha-Po laris

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 11:17:23 AM »

i scaned through here and yall forgot about the decompression plug in the head of the 04's... the stock ones blow out easy and but an aftermarket one is like $12 so it's smart to go spend $12 then $1200

2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com