Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Race at Reddick November 13  (Read 9918 times)
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 12:30:58 PM »

So what is the solution, what is the way to go, is there any other people puting tougehter any racing series around the state?

I'm happy with the FTR, is a good organization, and I know they can't get everybody 100% happy, but they do their best, I don't race for money, I race because I like it, if I get a trophy (plaque) good if I didn't that's OK with me, they normally give a trophy to the first 3 or 4 places it depends on how many riders each class have had on the previus races. I don't need a participation plaque, at least I got to ride with friends on a nice track and I get to ride every other weekend in a different place.

Just me 2cents.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
h400exinfl

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 07:11:03 PM »

I don't mine a quad series but no (FTR)  FTR thinks there the AMA but there not, they apply the AMA rules so they don't have to payback any money classes. They don't like to pay back money because they don't profit as much as giving a 2 dollar trophy, you don't have to be a rocket scienctist to figure that out. 3 Stooges

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of ignorance.  Now for my disclaimer, I'm slightly less uninformed than the previous poster, in fact most of what I'm about to submit, are guesses based on hearsay.  Regardless, I'm sure that people "in the know" will chime in.

FTR and AMA rules are very different.  Both sets are easy to download and digest, please do so.
FTR doesn't pay money back for many reasons, these are a few:
    -They promote amatuer racing events, i.e. not professional.
    -FTR doesn't run the races, the tracks do.  Gate fees, pit bike fees, entry fees, it all goes to the track.  FTR collects membership fees and holds fund raisers.
    -You guessed it, the two dollar trophies are bought by the track, yep tee shirts too.
    -FTR is primarily a family racing organization attempting to promote a sport they love in a healthy atmosphere.  That said, holding big dollar payback races does not attract the kind crowd they are looking for.  Again, just a guess.
I believe, if you are a member of FTR you can at any time review the executive committee meeting minutes and find out the exact profit they've been cashing in.  Maybe not, again, it's a guess.
Anyway good luck and let me know what you find out.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 10:24:32 PM »

{Ignorance} looks who talking. So the FTR doesn't make any money off of gate fee's and entry fee's YEAH RIGHT who told you this. They get a percent.  You can run payback classes in amatuer events, florida motocross series does. What are we a bunch of kids here racing for a plaque now come on, I can go down to the local bar and play in a dart tournament and win a hundred bucks in a couple hours and thats considered an amatuer event,  or buy a late model car and go race it at the local race track and make 500 bucks or so and a late model car is cheaper than a full race quad. Look at the dirtbike class only one A rider out there its not worth it for them either 7 total laps of racing for 9 hours of time. The same thing will happen to the quad class. Since when did I say a big pay back race its our entry money. I wish they would make some changes but i don't see happening.     And don't they advertise that they follow the AMA rules too! They look really familiar to the ATVA rules. I think for the other quad classes they do a great job for them, we got a lot of top riders her now, you can't treat them like a C rider. I don't wish to upset anyone just sticking up for the A riders. 

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 10:44:20 PM »

I would like to chime in on the part about the A riders.

I belive that FTR should make the A classes, quad and bike, a  6 or 7 lap moto and the A class should run this set number of laps no matter what the time constrains. The A class moto takes a fraction of the time that most of the other classes take. As TRX9 said, FL as a state has got a lot of talent in the quad and bike feilds. We have several pro riders here now, as well as a lot of potential pro caliber riders. I belive that some of the other pros that come to FL to train for the winter would race some of FTR's events, but not on a 3 lap schedule. This would be warm up for a pro rider.

Just wanted to touch base on this part of the subject. I am going to try and find out what it will take to make this become a reality.

Mike

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 10:52:16 PM »

Ok, one thing at a time.

You the riders stated that you wanted to have an A class in FTR..... we have it now.

FTR runs by their own rules and in the event that something is not covered in the rule book it reverts back to the AMA rule book.  I am a quad quy so when I submitt a proposal the quidelines that I go by are ATVA.  I don't recall ever hearing of a payback to any other class other than the PRO class at nationals.

As far as what FTR gets back out of an event??? I do not know  but I can bet that much of it goes back to take care of the insurance.

We all want more time on the track.  If we can keep our numbers up it is possible that there may be a Quad MX series but we have got to keep our numbers up.  With the addition of the new classes it is possible.  But I dont think a track will not want to put on a race with only 50-70 participants.

I would love to see FTR reach a status where there were 100 + quads at each MX event.  That would show that there was a need for our own MX series.  Then that would open us up to longer motos.  (15min + 1 lap) Then even if we were just riding for a piece of wood and bragging rights between our friends, we get good seat time in also.

Yes, there are a lot of good riders out there now.  Our sport is growing and the riders that are coming up are getting better and better.  So is FTR.  With improvements come growing pains.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 11:26:50 PM »

Well said !

So everyone stop your biotchin, lol  Wink

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
h400exinfl

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 05:52:07 PM »

I'm all for more laps, and will help with a proposal if we can come up with a solid solution.   I just don't like people running down FTR when they are uninformed.   Here is a fact, the people who run FTR are unpaid volunteers, that give their time freely and pay gate, entry, and whatever else fees to attend each race just like every other participant.  This is not true of the FMX or any other track sponsered series  like Dade City.

Regarding pay back.  I could go either way.  A race weekend costs somewhere between $150 and $1000 depending on what parts I break.  $25 in winnings isn't going to change my decision to attend or not.  I'm not going to waste my time lobbying for it either.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 07:29:41 PM »

Your right on Mike, about the laps and the top dogs not showing up. We are going to have a lot of top guys down here this winter training and practicing would be nice to see them at the races. I think thats what up sets me the most cutting down the laps, even the four laps is wimpy. I think if they can make some new rules like run the C class 3 laps the B class 4 laps and the A class 5 laps would work. Plus if you can cut the laps on some of these 50cc and 60cc classes to 3 laps would be nice. There getting more track time than I am, over a 4 min. lap time equals 32mins. of race time compared to the A classes low 2 min. times.   Hey h400exinfl if you enter a payback class costing 40 to sign up 20 total riders thats 800 hundred dollar  total purse and first would pay about 400 bucks , thats not bad at all and that would be a fun race to watch. ( would ya say!!!)   

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 08:39:54 PM »

Fact: quad racing is just a weak sport participant wise.

That's the determining factor period.

I have seen little ole Bartow get 150+ Dirt bike riders
for their series races while at the same time it's hard
as crap to get 50+ quad riders for a much bigger FTR
event!

I don't beleive there are payouts for "A" classes... Payouts
are for Pro AND Open money. Heck we have even had
Open Money races at Bartow.

It's a difficult problem not easily solved. I do appreciate ALL
the effort FTR, track owners etc put into racing but also feel
the same sometimes when things like what trx#9 spoke
about happens. As far as not getting many laps.

We can only hope that the growth of local quad racing booms.
Then the problem will solve itself for the most part.

Best of luck to all,
Dano

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com