Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE YOU A QUADAHOLIC? your not alone  (Read 4170 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:23:05 PM »

Hi I'm sport66 and I am a Quadaholic and  an addict strung out on ATVFLORIDA.COM .,lol
Beware this forum is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE and habit forming.

NOW WE NEED A 12 STEP PROGRAM TO HELP WITH OUR ADDICTION. We are normal folk. Until it comes time to logging onto this site and yapping and sharing our addiction with other quadaholics.  It always starts out the same, you find the site and look around as a guest. Then you visit more and more and before you know it your a member. Then day by day you get deeper and deeper into the ATVFLORIDA addiction and before you know it your going to meetings (group rides) with other addicts sharing stories and enjoying the outdoors. Soon you will be dragging others into your addiction and they too will become helpless Quadaholics. Family members, friends, co-workers and just aquaintenances will be dragged into this ever growing community of addicts and quadaholics.

WARNING THIS SITE IS VERY ADDICTING. LMAO!!!

I'm sport66 and I am a QUADAHOLIC  

THANKS FOR SHARING.  

LORD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE QUADS THAT I CAN AFFORD, WISH FOR THOSE I CAN'T AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 10:29:54 PM by sport66 » Logged

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
SmackAttack

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 01:47:40 PM »

IM RIGHT WITH YA THERE SPORT66. Didn't sign on yesterday and It was like not havin my coffee in the morning.....

2004 CRF250R (husbands)
2004 CRF70F (son)
2004 Eton 90 (daughter)
2003 suzuki Vinson Quadrunner 500 4x4 (Mine when my husband doesn't swipe it!)
donnie_darko

Ride or Die

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 06:44:32 PM »

This is funny.....quadaholic
redrider

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 05:12:01 PM »

me and my friend call it the bug u get on a quad ride it and get bit by the bug and never get off
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 06:02:22 PM »

My family has an addictive history, that must be why I browsed as a guest weeks before I bought my quad, then became a member the day I bought it, and then was on a group ride 3 weeks after I bought it. This is just like my fishing, and Nitro powered R/C trucks, I just wish I could find a cheap hobby!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 07:48:21 PM »

hi. my name is gery350 and i've not been "sober" for 62 days now. it all started when my buddy bought his kid a quad. well i am weak and i did something worse than by a quad. i bought my kid a quad. and out of envy i bought a quad to and now we are quadaholics. my son and i are now quadheads and it seems no one understands us. its like we speak a different language.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 08:27:45 PM »

THANKS FOR SHARING.  Grin

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 09:06:17 AM »

Hi may name is KawGIRL...
Shotcut and I too are QUADAHOLICS  Grin
I am on my 3rd ATV, I found this site while searching for more places to RIDE on March of 2003.

I do have some issues to deal with from this addiction ....we ride almost every weekend and we both work 40 hours a week, so I am never caught up on things around the house  Sad I have new cabinets in my kitchen still in the boxes  Tongue never have 2 days home in a row to finish up [smiley=laugh.gif] We mow the yard in the dark (need the daylight hours to clean and work on the Quads) ....My cats always get a attitude when they see the clothes packed and coolers out and ready to go of Fridays  Tongue

...I feel better now  Wink  Better go home sick today so I can finish the housework before the weekend  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 12:17:34 PM »

You are not alone.  Hi, my name is Steve, I too am a quadhead.  What does it mean when I have as many pictures of group rides and quads at my desk as I do of my kids?  My sports car is out of the garage because there is a quad on a trailer inside.  There are more shirts that say “FOX” in my closet than those that say Nike or Van Heusen, not to mention my red “Power ranger suit”.   Grin What does it mean when there is so much excitement over a new Muffler?  My briefcase is not full of work but issues of Dirtwheels.  I didn’t even know there was anything else on the internet worth looking at other than ATVFlorida.com.  What is a quadaholic to do?  Huh

stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 12:51:28 PM »

Admit that we are powerless over our quad addiction
Attend as many group rides as possible.
Surrender your life and your wallet to your local parts dealer.
Find a sponcer, another quad addict thats been in the program longer then you.
Visit the forum or call your sponcer before you start another quad.
Cheesy

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 01:03:13 PM »

This is the best addiction you could have!!!
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 03:38:20 PM »

This reminds me of that budwiser taste loss commerical.
Grin Yea i'm a quadaholic. Gotta problem with it.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
qt314nfla

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 05:54:50 PM »

Hi I'm Lauren and I'm addicted to riding.  I have a weekend habit that hasn't destroyed my family but leaves my dog chewing her nails w/ issues of abandonment.  I have a new desire to spend money upgrading to aftermarket parts to better my quad.  

I recently went on my first group ride and I'm having with drawls thinking about the next one.  To satisfy these urges I repeatedly look back at pictures and video's posted of the rides.  Hoping that they will hold me over till I can get my next 'fix.'  Inevtiably it doesn't so I log on to the chat room.
I spend hours sitting in chat rooms waiting for other eager addicts to join.  Once someone joins we spend hours discussing past, present, and future rides, people we've met along the way.  Sometimes we talk about our upgrades and our wish lists for upgrades.

On the last group ride Nightbreed let me know that I can do anything to my quad that can be done to a warrior.  My heart skipped a beat and I could feel the weight of the money in my pocket being instantly lifted.  I dream of my upgrades and modifications and that's the only thing that keeps me working.

Is there help or hope for me?  
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 06:28:34 PM »

what atv chat rooms do you goto? I am looking for some good ones. thanks

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
qt314nfla

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »

the one on here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com