Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: South Miami, Red Lands, Homestead and Florida City(Krome Area)  (Read 6195 times)
BonesTM

Did I clear That?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:46:59 AM »

To all Riders of this Area:

Was riding this weekend with the family and came across a huge police effort to bust ATV riders in the area. My sighting was on Sunday afternoon Krome and 168th. Turns out they were handing out citations and in some cases impounding bikes and quads. I got lucky and was able to turn back without incident others weren't that lucky and got loaded onto I grey hound Like police bus. Looks like they were chasing some guys too, when first saw the bus, there was about 6 dodge ram police trucks covered in a wonderful mud grey. So if you ride in or around this area beware, be safe and for Heaven's sake don't run from the police!

BonesTM

If your not living on the edge.....
   Well, your just taking up to much Space!
2005 Suzuki Z400, ProTaper, K&N Filter, ProArmor SwingArm Plate, ASV C5 Levers, Pro Armor Skid Plate, Maxxis Razars Rear, ITP Holeshot Front
2004 Yamaha 350 Bruin 4x4
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 09:54:01 AM »

i wasn't riding this weekend but heard of citations being issued on 8st and 137 ave as well. i am glad i was busy with other things this weekend.

Kat1333

Location: Ex-Illinois, Ex-Miami, Ex-Davie now in Bell, FL - WHERE?

In everything give Thanks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 09:59:55 AM »

Wow, I used to have a home in the Redlands just before Andrew.  Cry  I am not surprised the city has taken over.  It used to be vacant land all over the place down there.  Sorry to hear it has come to that.  We used to be able to practice shooting out there too.  (years ago, late 80's)

Not quadless any longer
TRX300EX Kat      ex-small Jr helmet
TRX400EX Aaron  cool metalic helmet
HuhHuhHuh Jason  helmet (everyone's for now)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

Quads are illegal to ride anywhere in dade county. This is not anything new. You ride out there and you are bound to get busted sooner or later. WE NEED A PLACE TO RIDE!!! This is ridiculous!!
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 12:40:48 PM »

does anyone know the situation which determines getting a citation verses getiing your bike impounded. i imagine if you run you get arrested and bike gets impounded. but would they impound the bike as well if  you dont run and lets say your "tresspassing" or riding on the street.

i dont know cause i've always been given a warning.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
ish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 01:13:21 PM »

the problem stems from ppl running. i personally have never got a citation or gotten my bike impounded, but then again i have never ran from the cops. its not a very smart thing to do. plus it gives all atv riders a bad name. everytime i have been stopped the cops have been supercool they understand our situation down here with nowhere to ride and for the most part just let us go with no problem. they do however run your license and check for bench warrants and so forth. i think if you stop and are nice and not rude in any way they will just let you go.

LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 01:27:37 PM »

why would they issue citation on 137ave and 8 st. its not like they have signs posted anywhere there saying no trespassing. I can understand if they are riding on the street but in the trail sections they shouldnt bother anyone.
ish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »

thats exaclty what the idiots were doing form what i heard. racing up and down the street and riding wheelies up and down the street between cars. just dumb.

dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 06:37:49 PM »

yep thats exactly why..... the sport bike guys are running on the road. the other road they were out on is at the end of bird.    there was a group of riders running from the cops recently that hit a huge pot hole and sent most of the group to the hospital.  i say serves them right, even though i know one of them they still deserve it.  the majorit of the sport bike riders here in miami are giving atvs a bad name.  id like to chuck rocks at them when i see them on the road.  i hope those of you who ride on the road rot in jail.  there is no reason for the stunts and speeding on the road.  alot of you are on this site......

just to prove a point , if your hit in the head with a paintball while riding on the streets dont say you werent warned. 

if your on the road , no helmet, a passenger, and speeding, your getting impounded.

if your riding down the side of the road at a slow speed like a utility bike and your being safe, youll get a ticket and warned.  i was in my jeep out by 8th street whan i talked to the cops. they didnt worry about my fourwheeling cause i was in a jeep.  but the told me what they were trying to target...

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 07:39:13 PM »

Thats bad that people do that but not everyone that rides a sport bike is a terrible person. Yes, I understand that there are some idiots that ruin it for everyone and alot of them ride sport bikes but you can't tell the way a person is by the type of quad that they ride.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 09:20:36 PM »

One month ago, while we were riding between Bird and Krome, we stopped to talk to the cops. The cops told us they have no problem with us riding there, but, residents are complaining that ATVs are racing up and down their residential streets. The sport quads can't ride out there when it's wet, so they ride the streets and ruin it for all.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 09:28:44 PM »

well ppl have bine back out at the humps but its realy wet out there

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 09:39:12 PM »

with all the rain we've been havin aint much "legal" ridin gonna be goin on in dade. you know what that means:

ROAD TRIP

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 09:42:28 PM »

heck ya im going to ocala from friday to tusday   Evil Evil and then the weekend after next im going to msg

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Smonarch3

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 09:51:34 PM »

Kiss Hi baby I love you....It sucks so bad that we have no where to legally ride here in dade.I was soo looking forward to riding on Sunday til we heard the news that they were catching people. It totally killed my high. I know how we are when we go riding. We respect people's property and crops and we stay away from the roads. We always try to look for far deserted areas and then there's the ones that litter, ride through farmers crops and ride carelessly oh yeah and may i add run over small animals. Those people deserve what they get but ruin it for the good riders, looking to enjoy the Earth and all she gives us to play with. Anywho gots to go to bed. WooHoo I think this is my first official post  @->---
PilotSniper

My Baby!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »

I almost made it out to 136th and Krome on Sunday, but decided to stay in the fields at 88th and Krome instead. After reading your post, I'm certainly glad I did!!!

I'm still left wondering, had I gone to 168th and Krome and been caught by the police, what action would they have taken on me? I have a clean driver's license, never ride on the streets and always wear all of my protective gear. Has the situation escalated to the point where I would have had my ATV impounded just for riding in the nearby field's access roads? What has happened to the Miami-Dade police department with respect to ATV riders??? The county really needs to get up off of their behinds and lay down some realistic ground rules for ATV riders as well as provide legal ATV riding areas for those who enjoy the sport and wish to abide by the rules.

Just my two cents...

1989 Honda Pilot FL400R
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 12:44:33 AM »

Its easier to bust law abiding, tax paying citizens than it is to face gun toting dope dealers. Get caught riding your own quad and boy will you pay. Get your quad stolen and the cops could care less.
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 08:18:32 AM »

I love too make a law that states that all county's must have a RECRATIONAL PARK for ATV and DIRTBIKES

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com