Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Mr. Bones!!  (Read 21995 times)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2005, 09:30:39 PM »

I; eye ; aiye and any other version to make sure you all get the point  Wink

got it!!! lmao Grin
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2005, 10:08:14 PM »

dang, leave for a day or two and come back to this?

let's just say, it's tough to try to keep 4000 people happy and that's the job that the mods have.

ever since becoming one, this website has become less enoyable to me and has become more like an obligation.

I'd like to enjoy it again,,,,so hows about I go put a pancake on my head?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2005, 10:30:12 PM »

Id@ take a picture and post it... hehehe

Scott, ok I'll play nice and maybe the kid we hook up with the drag queen and off get off the internet.  Tongue

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2005, 10:36:29 PM »

Id@ take a picture and post it... hehehe

Scott, ok I'll play nice and maybe the kid we hook up with the drag queen and off get off the internet.  Tongue

I thought you were hookin up with the drag queen???
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2005, 10:52:31 PM »

he or she need to get there hair done.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2005, 10:56:19 PM »

he or she need to get there hair done.

yes sir that would make all the difference Shocked
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2005, 11:03:27 PM »

As an administrator of my own site and forum of nearly 6,000 members for over 5 years I'll say this piece as some universal advice on internet forums and be done. Take it for what you will.

When you group this large of amount of people together from different demographics and backgrounds, there is going to be controversey, period. There is no equal ground, there is yes and no, black and white, good and bad, one or the other. If a posistion is going to be made it has to be on one or the other and it has to be clear. The undefined "middle ground" does not work.  That posistion is defined by the owner/administrator of the particular forum and by the moderators he choses to help run it. Being a moderator or an administrator is not an easy or painless job. I've lost a couple close friends on my own forum because of similiar ordeals. If you have a problem with a particular stance a moderator or administrator has taken, heres my advice. DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! Suck it up and be thankful that you have a place to do what you are, and that its free of charge. The management spends lots of time, and money in most cases to make a place like this. Don't take it for granted.

Dont jump on a bandwagon, if you've got a problem with something try PMing or emailing the moderator or admin personally instead of making a thread about it. That doesn't do anything irritate and agitate the problem. The moderators and admins have a thankless job, and I have respect for anyone that does it on an active forum since there is ALWAYS controversey surrounding them when someones post is moved or edited, even if there shouldn't be.

Speak your mind without deliberately trying to cause trouble (AKA Trolling). Read your message before you hit the post button, and think "If I was the one reading this, would it piss me off?" Does it make one shread of comprehensible sense? Is my post helpful or beneficial to other people who read it? How does this message reflect on me and what I represent? I'm a member of many forums, and I make it a habit of not posting "socially". If I've got something to post about it, its usually worth reading or I'm trying to find some info out.

If you have that big of a problem with the management, leave and make your own forum, with your own rules and guidelines. If your lucky, in a couple years you might have a few hundred members that are like minded as you.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2005, 11:11:47 PM »

I would like to thank Mr. Bones for bringing the site to life, Da Mtg Man for being as fair and impartial as possible under the circumstances, Ny Raptor for the job he did while he was here, Ida Man for having a continually upbeat attitude and the other members who have contributed meaningful topics in the past. That was an enjoyable time which seems to have come to a temporary end.
As a Mod I'm sure you have to have a lot of patience, I have to admire the restraint Da Mtg Man has used in the face of such deameaning comments as were made on another thread. If I had to sit thru 3 paragraphs of personal attacks I would be alittle upset too. Those of you without kids would probably not understand.
By the way, that dust cloud you're eatin was left there by an ATP modified Rancher. Wink

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2005, 11:21:42 PM »

I would like to thank Mr. Bones for bringing the site to life, Da Mtg Man for being as fair and impartial as possible under the circumstances, Ny Raptor for the job he did while he was here, Ida Man for having a continually upbeat attitude and the other members who have contributed meaningful topics in the past. That was an enjoyable time which seems to have come to a temporary end.
As a Mod I'm sure you have to have a lot of patience, I have to admire the restraint Da Mtg Man has used in the face of such deameaning comments as were made on another thread. If I had to sit thru 3 paragraphs of personal attacks I would be alittle upset too.

Thanks JW, Thats exactly why Le-Vinson and gasgasman are now banned form atvflorida. Any of their other friends that are  involved in this wanna go? It's a simple click of the key for me. Wink

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2005, 11:25:39 PM »

Absolutely amazing. I am curious and must ask. were they banned for inappropriate posts or for personal reasons concerning a moderator ?  Undecided
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 11:27:29 PM by cain73 » Logged

floridaatv.com come join the fun
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2005, 11:27:18 PM »

but, the smoke you smell is a 2 stroke in front. Wink j/k  Jon.  I think we need more mods on the site. 3 mods for 4000 people doesnt sound right.

BTW: Mr Bones was PM and still wait for a responce   Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2005, 11:31:06 PM »

you better wacth out quads been known to whip a little a$$ Boxer Owie Boxer Owie

when you quote some one   put it on right

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2005, 11:40:19 PM »

Absolutely amazing. I am curious and must ask. were they banned for inappropriate posts or for personal reasons concerning a moderator ?  Undecided

It doesn't matter, I'm  a mod. I can do what I want.  Wink
I'm thinking back and trying to remember the last time you made a post about riding. The only thing I ever hear from you is an argument.
This is an atv site, The mods have talked and we decided that yall are right, We  are mightier than thow and we run this site and we remove what we decide to. I have their backing and this site WILL be cleaned up. It will once again be used for what it was created for.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2005, 11:45:06 PM »

Mike, just make it clear so we know what the rules are.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2005, 11:47:34 PM »

pull it up and show me i dont remember that     Smiley

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2005, 11:47:46 PM »

Is that a weedeater I smell? Jester Jester

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2005, 11:50:46 PM »

I sent you a pm to ask you about it but since you're busy flexing your almighty power forget it. Fine run your dictatorship of a site right into the ground. with no members there's no site. We all came here because it was well run and we enjoyed it. now it's  "I'm better than you and do what I want" Not I'll do what it takes to make the sight clean, but what ever I want. I frequently post about atv's and riding. however the reason I've been here for just over 2 years is due to the comorodery and friendship. Just like Swamp Donkey asked for prayers in his time of need. We do such things in a comfortable and helpful society not in a coercive dictatorship.

If you expect me to lick your boots or to only post exactly what you like or agree with while you post nasty comments and threats cause you're a "mod" then don't bother pushing your big bad delete button I'll remove myself. You post what ever you want and even if we follow the rules but upset the big bad mods we get banned ? that's crap no matter how you look at it. Those that don't like me will be happy to see me go, but remember that you too might one day have an original or non-conformist idea that will get you deleted due to someone's ego being bruised.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »

At least you are going down kicking... and screaming and whining

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
cutngrs
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2005, 12:00:20 AM »

i wont give him the satisfaction  of going on my own   thay will have to kick me out most of the stuff i put on here is in a jokeing kind of way i post about racing stuff all the time so if they dont like it   do what you gotta do

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2005, 12:00:57 AM »

I sent you a pm to ask you about it but since you're busy flexing your almighty power forget it. Fine run your dictatorship of a site right into the ground. with no members there's no site. We all came here because it was well run and we enjoyed it. now it's  "I'm better than you and do what I want" Not I'll do what it takes to make the sight clean, but what ever I want. I frequently post about atv's and riding. however the reason I've been here for just over 2 years is due to the comorodery and friendship. Just like Swamp Donkey asked for prayers in his time of need. We do such things in a comfortable and helpful society not in a coercive dictatorship.

If you expect me to lick your boots or to only post exactly what you like or agree with while you post nasty comments and threats cause you're a "mod" then don't bother pushing your big bad delete button I'll remove myself. You post what ever you want and even if we follow the rules but upset the big bad mods we get banned ? that's crap no matter how you look at it. Those that don't like me will be happy to see me go, but remember that you too might one day have an original or non-conformist idea that will get you deleted due to someone's ego being bruised.

Ok, Cain just struck out too. Anyone else wanna step up to the plate?
I hope that I made it clear when I said that we are cleaning up this site.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2005, 12:02:55 AM »

i wont give him the satisfaction  of going on my own   thay will have to kick me out most of the stuff i put on here is in a jokeing kind of way i post about racing stuff all the time so if they dont like it   do what you gotta do

Post away man. Unless I missed something I think that you use this site for what it was made for.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2005, 12:08:32 AM »

thnaks mr.bones

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2005, 12:10:45 AM »

I sent you a pm to ask you about it but since you're busy flexing your almighty power forget it. Fine run your dictatorship of a site right into the ground. with no members there's no site. We all came here because it was well run and we enjoyed it. now it's  "I'm better than you and do what I want" Not I'll do what it takes to make the sight clean, but what ever I want. I frequently post about atv's and riding. however the reason I've been here for just over 2 years is due to the comorodery and friendship. Just like Swamp Donkey asked for prayers in his time of need. We do such things in a comfortable and helpful society not in a coercive dictatorship.

Ok, Cain just struck out too. Anyone else wanna step up to the plate?
I hope that I made it clear when I said that we are cleaning up this site.

what in there was out of line? nothing obscene or attack yet I'm targeted ?

Refresher course:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4321.0.html

That's the rules. It's simple.

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2005, 12:12:50 AM »

Not to sound like Rodney but.... CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG Huh

[attachment deleted by admin]
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »

lol

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com