Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to all the fun loving atv riders  (Read 12254 times)
Crashking

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2005, 01:43:14 PM »

be cautious of who you pull up to while out on the trails... or just out riding around.... you never know what may happen...

On Saturday September 24th around 4~5 pm me and my friend were out in the titusville area(near the warbird musem i believe(i know it was near a airport)) and we were headed to spot he knew of that was nice pit.... well we get there and see it's filled with water.... we ride around there a bit and find a couple of trucks and about 6-7 people there enjoying themselves(drinkin some beer)... we pull up... turn our atv's off... take our helmets off... and just start talkin while me and my friend are sittin on our atvs... seein what's goin on... see if they were swimmin in the water.... just bein friendly..... they asked about our 4-wheelers and stuff.... etc.... then the next thing i know i'm on the ground, on my back, the world has turned yellow... i'm tryin to figure out what happened... (i've never been punched before and i'm 18 now)... i finally come to the conclusion that i got punched right below my left eye and on my right cheek.... my friend got puched in the nose(which bleed)... were both stunned.... trying to figure out what's going on....

they said that we were talking crap to them at a shooting range around that area.... we let them know that we've never been to a shooting range and we live in orlando.... they kinda doubt us... but back off cause we have our helmets in our hand... finally they come to the conclusion that we aren't who they think we were... offer us a beer for the confusion(we declined)... one guy still wanted to fight... but his friends wouldnt let him.... and it turns out that in the middle of all this they ripped the gold necklace that my buddy had off his neck (had it since he was 4... now also 18) so we ask for it back... they say that they don't have it... it got thrown into the bushes... ect.... then they get the vin off his bike... ask for mine... idk where it was... they didn't get it... ask for our names(they got fakes).... they got the vins for just in case we called the cops... and they finally got far enough away from the atv's that we hopped on and took off.... we rode out till we got to a road.... went down the road till we got a to a house and a lady was outside... called the police... etc... gave statement....(after they went looking for them) and it turns out... someone else that knew one of the guys in the group... walked up to this group of guys... and he got the sh*t beat out of him........

soo... when they get caught....(hopefully by the police) they will be charged with quite a few things Wink including the necklaces they stole...... if not.... well lets hope that a few people i know doesnt get a hold of them... we didn't do anything at the time... cause it was 6-7 to 2 and i had a small knife.... and we didn't know if they might of had a gun... so we didn't fight back...

just be careful.... don't ride up to people that are drinking and outnumber you..... just wave and go on by
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 01:48:58 PM »

That's why I carry protection.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06:28 PM »

What does what you carry in your wallet have to do with this?  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
shadow

Whatever

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:37:39 PM »

good one...lol....!!

Next time take your helmet to the biggest one then challenge anyone else. Not to mention the sand you were laying in...throw it into the eyes and you got plenty of time to decide which eye you want to dot!! Or DONT MESS WITH REDNECKS, your one bike cost more than all there trucks together. Their jealous. especially this one.( I got friends in Tits ville ) THEY DONT LIKE PEOPLE FROM O-TOWN!!!!! Glad ur ok.

shadow

01 Rubi- 589's, c-snorkel,un-locker,HL lift kit, lift springs,jetted,HMF exhaust .

Her 05' Rancher 350- 589's on rear,nice rear!
Crashking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:46:10 PM »

yeah i'd carry a gun... but i'm only 18... so is my other friend..... so were stuck with either a bow and arrow (lmao) or a knife....

they were all pretty skinny guys.... me and my buddy were just in a case of WTF?

if somethin were to happen like this again... were definitly not backin down like we did

i'm pretty close to bein a redneck... cept i got all my teeth Smiley lol... so much for havin a somethin like a brotherhood for rednecks...

i only paid $550 for the bike i got now... so it'd be about a even trade... lol

they didn't know we were from o-town till after they hit us... they said they had a lot of crap goin on with towns and sh*t around them (they named a few... o-town wasn't one)

it's just odd... cause if we talked crap to them before... why would we ride up to them and act like friends? that's the part i don't understand... which they don't understand... obviously..

hell... cops asked if we got any good licks on em.... one even said we should carry somethin next time..... ain't got no problem with that now
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

Watch out for guys with camera bags.. .  Wink  right Mike!

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 03:35:17 PM »

Watch out for guys with camera bags.. .  Wink  right Mike!

lol... You never know what else might be in that camera bag.  Wink

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 03:45:03 PM »

I heard some of those cameras can hurt!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 04:10:12 PM »

the ones that say Colt Wink

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 04:29:30 PM »

dang that sux

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 04:48:03 PM »

Sorry to hear that happened, hope all turns out.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 04:55:41 PM »

dang that sux
-
thats too bad, thats whats bad about riding i, because people that get drunk and throw their trash places and just cause havoc.

rl.
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 04:56:23 PM »

What does what you carry in your wallet have to do with this?  Grin

HAHAHA!  Lips Sealed Keeping my mouth shut on that one!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
~Demon_Boy~

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 05:06:35 PM »

that sucks for you guys, hope those drunk rednecks got caught
ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:36:53 PM »

i have always been worried about that situation, my son and i were riding in maryland deep in the woods rode up on a bunch of boys riding i was a little worried there was 8 of them and i only had 6 bullets but they never followed us just next time dont stop just keep on riding this world is not as frendly as it use to be
qt314nfla

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 09:42:49 PM »

WOW! Just wow!  I would have never thought.  Thanks for posting your story.  Sorry you guys got hurt.  I hope those idiots get busted!
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 12:01:48 AM »

Dang man. I was already scared the first time I went out riding now I am even more scared. I'm not going to stop to talk to anyone that I don’t know. I'm sorry that this happened to you, but we can all learn from your experience.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 08:18:08 AM »

that sucks dude. I would expecially tell women or girls that are riding to watch out who you stop and associate with. Watch out for a guy on a green ozark. He is totally nuckin futs!

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 09:18:14 AM »

that sucks dude. I would expecially tell women or girls that are riding to watch out who you stop and associate with. Watch out for a guy on a green ozark. He is totally nuckin futs!

And if you ever see a guy with a green ozark in a ford f150, call the cops!!!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 09:21:58 AM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Grizzlygirl

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 09:20:34 AM »

The other day my daughter asked if she could go alone with her atv and some friends to Holey Land. I said no because of gaters now its definately no. Thanks for the info
   Mama Grizz
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 10:17:15 AM »

Unfortunately there are punks that run in packs like that in Brevard. I have seen it too many times too not be prepared for it. Be aware of your surroundings at all times especially during hunting season. Someone else's drinking party could just be a fight waiting to happen and my suggestion would be to leave the area as soon as you feel threatened, these boys out here carry guns alot. There was a shooting in Canaveral groves not long ago that began as an argument, best bet is to back off and leave , let cooler heads prevail.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 10:32:48 AM »

Damn kid, that sucks. Gotta be looking out at all times bro. Once you get suckered once it rarely happens again cause next time you are expecting the unexpected. So you will learn from this, trust me, I did!! But anyways, I ride with my wife and little girl sometimes but  always carry my 38 with extra rounds.
Crashking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 02:25:17 PM »

yeah it definitly sucked that it happened.... totally unexpected.... cause there was no argument or anything... just sittin there talkin about whatever

we'll both definitly have a knife on us when we go riding from now on... hopefully we can get more people to go with us

we talked to the cop... and 19 is the age of when you can be gifted a hand gun and ammunition.... soooo... got a year left and then we don't have to be so close to the attackers to stop them...

ride in big groups when you can help it... that helps to prevent stuff like this... i'm sure if there was 4 of us.... this might not of happened... or if it did... well they'd be a little ruffed up before the cops got there

luckily my buddy didn't bring his gf... she was going to... but somethin came up and she couldnt... worse things could of happened....

i'm happy that i'm alive... and for the most part... in good health... definitly could be a different story right now.... and i got my atv still... life is good Smiley
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 04:43:51 PM »

I used to ride with 1 partner but about 2 years ago I started to ride in bigger packs. Strength in numbers.  Sorry about your luck.  There's always gotta be dumbasses out when people are trying to just have fun. -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Nocturnal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 06:33:42 AM »

what he said Wink

2007 Camo King Quad 700 - 26" 589's
2005 Honda Rancher AT - Tamarack Front box, Kenwood stereo, 25" 589's, K&N

2006 VTX 1300C - K&N, windshield, bags
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print