Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to all the fun loving atv riders  (Read 12237 times)
banone

wanna play

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 10:17:59 AM »

There is always bigger badder people that run to idiots like that.
They will get the same treatment, it always happens, what goes around comes around.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 12:23:01 PM »

Luckily we ride in a pretty big group, but that random kind of thing makes me sick , gotta stay on your toes all the time,  Sorry about yout luck  people can be such A-holes.....

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
shortcut

Yaba.....Daba.. ....do.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 01:32:53 PM »

Yeah,between my .45 and Kawgirls .22mag the gang usually leaves when we pull up  Shocked, and of course it dosen't hurt I'm a bit on the scary side  Evil

enniehall

Get busy living or get busy dying!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 01:48:05 PM »

Wow that totally freaks me out, I'm always the person riding up to people i don't know camps i don't know turn off the bike and start to talk to everyone around.  I guess I'm lucky they've all been decent enough people to not try to pull any crap like that.  I've always been scared that someone would F with my bike never really worried about myself (little woman syndrome always think i can handle my own) but i'll keep your story in mind the next time i want to met the people over yonder.  At least things weren't so bad man...at least you guys didn't get stabbed. 

Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.
Crashking

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 08:35:14 PM »

Wow that totally freaks me out, I'm always the person riding up to people i don't know camps i don't know turn off the bike and start to talk to everyone around.  I guess I'm lucky they've all been decent enough people to not try to pull any crap like that.  I've always been scared that someone would F with my bike never really worried about myself (little woman syndrome always think i can handle my own) but i'll keep your story in mind the next time i want to met the people over yonder.  At least things weren't so bad man...at least you guys didn't get stabbed. 

yeah that's the way my buddy has always been.... stops... chats with people... then takes off ridin again... nice thing to do... short little break... get to know people....

i'm definitly not complaining to much about what happened..could of been worse.. i'm still alive... no broken bones... no cuts... still have my 4-wheeler.... got away without much damage
Magnum330

Having Fun on ATV.Com Now Lets Ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2005, 12:03:35 AM »

Sorry to hear that. You never know what to do till your in that kinda of situation.

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2005, 01:03:17 AM »

sorryabout that dude find the necklace robber and cap him in the a$$ with a 9mm hollow point i"ll let u borrow mine

if u can't be good be good at it
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 09:49:28 AM »

this is the very reason why Florida will have that new gun law where you can shoot the dumb f**k if you feel your life is in danger, effective 10/01/2005
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 10:02:50 AM »

Yea man, Oct 1st is here tomorrow. Maybe the crimes will start to slow down. I know if I'm a victim of anything like that, it will NEVER happen again with the same thugs, they won't be bothering anyone ever again.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
sk8r_dude
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2005, 02:40:25 PM »

Sorry to hear what happened and glad your both OK. It is a reminder to all of us that the areas we ride in are very out of the way and will also attract bad people who may be hiding from the authorites or simply looking for trouble.

On another note, shooting or killing someone (justified or not) will bring more legal troubles than anyone would ever want to deal with. I own a gun and carry a concealed weapons permit. It may sound wimpy, but I carry pepper spray on me when I am going into questionable areas. Non lethal protection that will floor most people. A officer friend I used to ride with suggested this over a gun and I have done it ever since.

05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

http://www.beachinlineskates.com/
http://www.123skate.com/
http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/
http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com
350rappy

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005, 02:52:04 PM »

peperspray and or ride with an ex navy seal
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 01:56:57 AM »

pepperspray is a good idea, riding with a gun is a horrible idea though. I Normally have a 4" buck knife on me, not only for protection but they come in handy a lot. I normally dont ride with just 1 other person so i can avoid this kind of situation. My guard is always up when i meet someone new, no matter who it be. I dont stop to talk to anyone unless its in a busy area. I stay away from rednecks that drink in the woods because they like to start fight. Basically i dont stop or let down my guard until im sure if they were to try something i would be able to get away without harm. Sucks what happened to you but its a good thing you got away. And im not saying you did anything wrong but im sure it taught you a lesson about who to stop and talk to.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com