Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rules for motorcross ftr  (Read 2902 times)
chickenhawk

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2005, 09:32:57 PM »

was at bartow an their rules are different from aatva (quad nationals) so a national rider couldnt ride a local race 90 quad class
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:38:18 PM »

WHAT Huh

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 09:42:43 PM »

Eric,
  He is talking about Rastrelli (sp?) his son signed up for 90 mod and they told him they dont have a class for him and sent him home Sad. That is the class he runs in the nationals though.

No FTR does not go by ATVA Sanctions. If you have questions about FTR rules you can go to www.floridatrailriders.org or PM Lostcause. He his the MX Quad rep for FTR.
chickenhawk

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 10:11:37 PM »

WELL I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WONT CHANGE THE RULES TIL NEXT YR SO THAT MEANS HE CANT RIDE FOR A YR THEY ALLREADY HAVE MADE CHANGES LIKE A 450 4 STROKE 250 2 STROKE -IS A CLASS AS 250 4 STROKE N 125 2 STROKE RATIO 4 STROKE TO 2 STROKE 90 2 STROKE 2 124 4 STROKE
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 10:20:12 PM »

................................450 4 STROKE 250 2 STROKE -IS A CLASS AS 250 4 STROKE N 125 2 STROKE RATIO 4 STROKE TO 2 STROKE 90 2 STROKE 2 124 4 STROKE

that confused me, lol.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 10:24:16 PM »

WELL I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WONT CHANGE THE RULES TIL NEXT YR SO THAT MEANS HE CANT RIDE FOR A YR THEY ALLREADY HAVE MADE CHANGES LIKE A 450 4 STROKE 250 2 STROKE -IS A CLASS AS 250 4 STROKE N 125 2 STROKE RATIO 4 STROKE TO 2 STROKE 90 2 STROKE 2 124 4 STROKE

There was a petition signed at the track to help. But they have processes for changing rules. It has to be a written proposal and voted on and stuff. I honestly don't know much about how it works...this is only my 2nd season and I am still learning how it all works. PM Lostcause. He can answer all the questions. I didn't think they should have sent him home either. With as fast as he is they could have put him with the  Youth at least...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:26:47 PM by Mrs.Nightbreed » Logged
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 10:26:43 PM »

answer this for a newbie please, was that post basically saying they allow 450cc 4strokes to race with 250 2strokes? and of course the other engine sizes too

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 10:27:50 PM »

answer this for a newbie please, was that post basically saying they allow 450cc 4strokes to race with 250 2strokes? and of course the other engine sizes too
yes. and that since Rastrelli is on a 125cc 4 stroke he should be allowed to run with the kids with 90cc 2 strokes. Thats how I understood it Smiley
chickenhawk

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 10:33:04 PM »

yes but it is 124 cc  4stroke
chickenhawk

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 10:36:50 PM »

the best part was they had 3 bikes in that class and those parents  said let him ride they didnt have a problem with it
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 10:52:40 PM »

In a nut shell here is what the problem is.

When the proposal was written and submitted last year (04-05) I took into consideration all the classes in the youth program (ATVA) and then put together the classes that you see for this years FTR season.

When the proposal was written there was not a breakdown for the 90cc class because there was not a breakdown available in the ATVA.  If you noticed, there is a breakdown in the 200cc 2 stroke and 300cc 4 stroke  13-15 year old class.  I wanted to make it as possible for our riders that do ride the national series to be able to ride the same quad all year long.  If there was a breakdown available when the proposal was written that would have been addressed.

Now for anyone that is involved in FTR knows that it is a long process to get new rules and old rules changed or implimented.  It takes the entire year.  A proposal needs to be made and brought before the MX committee, we vote on it, it goes to the magazine, then voted on again.  After this is done and passes the MX committee it goes before the Executive commitee for vote.

I understand the problem and feel bad that this has happened.  But in order for the change to take place someone needs to submitt a proposal at the next MX meeting.

There was the same problem with the 250f riding in the 125 class.  They also had to go through the same process.

The reason that he couldn't run with the 91-200cc 2 stroke/91-300 4 stroke is because it is a age group class.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 06:59:22 PM »

They wouldn't let Uncle Rico participate either.

They were like, "You're 35 years old, and you run a 450R"

I felt so discriminated against.

I just know I could have dusted those other guys.

"I could throw a football a mile" - Uncle Rico

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 11:51:49 AM »

HuhHuh? Huh

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com