Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funniest ATV story, participation mandatory!!!  (Read 11279 times)
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 08:33:09 PM »

Well my funniest story that i can think of was when my dad and i were riding at croom and then he went up one of those steep hills were you cant see the ending, and so he went up and then it went straight up like four feet.  And so he stopped and put his sportrax in reverse and slowly backed down.  As he was backing up he leaned forward and acciedently hit the throttle.  So he  was speeding down this steep hill in reverse and so he slowed down a little but by then, he was at the bottom of the hill. At the bottom it had like a slanted wall and then a 90 degree turn and back down to where i was, so he hit the slanted wall and it tipped the bike over. He fell off and then the bike started rolling at him as he was rolling down the hill running away from it.  Nothing happened but in the end i was lmao. Laugh

05 kx 250f
dreth

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 08:39:09 PM »

then there was that time (when i first started riding tracks) that i hit a step up jump at air dania and had the seat hit me in the butt and.................watch the video Lecture

http://media.putfile.com/pepsi-002

WOW. Were you ok after that? TskTsk

Or Rolling on the Floor Laughing Were you ever ok?

YEP! I got right up and did 2 more laps before the end of that practice moto and then went out for the next 4 motos after that! i didnt even feel it Grin
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »

one time I was at my friend justin's house (raptor426) and I was riding his old bike around. it is a scrambler 400. well we were seeing who could do the longest wheelie well he went, a good 30 feet or so then I went, well I have to say that was one of the best wheelies i ever did about acroos his whole yard but since the scramblers are automatic by the end of the wheelie i was going about 40  mph so I ht the back brakes but they didn't work and a fence was coming up so I let off the gas and hit the front brakes right before the tires hit the ground. When the tires hit it threw the quad up on an endo and i flew up over the handlebars and faceplanted into his front fender. It was funny though didn't get hurt. Wink Wink

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
dreth

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2005, 08:43:35 PM »

some good stories! keep em coming Wink
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 08:49:47 PM »

Id have to say heading out on a trail at Rodman dam I was followin da_mtg_man and all I saw was him flying down the trail and his rear tire rolling past him. Then to top it off caospop and his daughter were there and while mike went back to the trailer to get more lugnuts his 2 kids spit on the ground and manny's daughter said that she wont spit because "Boys Spit, Girls Swallow!" It was hilarious, manny didnt know how to respond and Josh and I just walked away.

lol.... Little tramp..... Just kidding Manny. I died when I got back and they told me this story.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 01:31:38 AM »

OOOOOOOOOOOO WAIT! there was that ride with IDA MAN and freinds when i just fell off the quad and watched it roll accross the road as Hollywood chased it down Dunno

Now that was good times right there! LOL   Rolling on the Floor Laughing

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
caospop
Supreme Member

BOOMSHAKAALAAAKAAA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 03:28:13 AM »

Id have to say heading out on a trail at Rodman dam I was followin da_mtg_man and all I saw was him flying down the trail and his rear tire rolling past him. Then to top it off caospop and his daughter were there and while mike went back to the trailer to get more lugnuts his 2 kids spit on the ground and manny's daughter said that she wont spit because "Boys Spit, Girls Swallow!" It was hilarious, manny didnt know how to respond and Josh and I just walked away.

Hey wacth it...     That was funny wasnt it i still laugh about it today. We gotta get togther for a ride soon.
lol.... Little tramp..... Just kidding Manny. I died when I got back and they told me this story.

2007 Polaris Sportsman
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 07:43:11 AM »

i have 47 wrecks so yall stop me whenever Wink and i was there for all of them Sad

lets see.............most embaressing.............ah ha! well i just got my 450r and my brother- n-law just got his 400ex and we were out riding in the resivior (sp) which was about a 1000 square yards of dirt, no trees, just dirt! well i ran into my brother-n-laws new quad with my new quad and the whole family watched Embarrassed i was gonna do a power slide and spray him with roost but being my 1st day on the quad i didnt realize how much easier it was to slide and BANG! MY PRIDE WAS DEFINATLY  Embarrassed

OOOOOOOOOOOO WAIT! there was that ride with IDA MAN and freinds when i just fell off the quad and watched it roll accross the road as Hollywood chased it down Dunno

somehow you left out the part of trying to do a one-handed wheelie?

all I remember is Honda328i finally catching up to me in the front and pointing backwards,,,,I looked back and saw Dreth on one side of 316 and his quad on the other side,,,,,for anyone that knows the main roads up there you will understand how odd that would be ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 07:47:30 AM »

well we were at the hump and the was a tree a small little bit of land then a deep puddle.i made it on the land then when my friend went he flipped into the whole on his dads foremen the hole was deep then my friend got off his friends bike and tol my other friend on that bike to sit right there then he accidently hits da gas and flipps into the hole on the other side so i ended up pullin them out and ridin the recon back and them ridin my bike thats towin da formen
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 07:53:52 AM by Last Chance » Logged

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 07:48:51 AM »

unfortunately noone was around at 11pm or so when this happened near my place in Ocala, but here goes.

There are some whooped out trails that normally I would just jam the gas and lean back to get over them,,,well this was right after all of the engine work was completed by the then-new company called ATP.  Mike told me, you need to go break it in before you ride and ride it some tonight if you can but BE CAREFUL.  I listed, but not good enough and I did my usualy when I hit the section of whoops.  The quad did not do it's usual, instead it's nose pointed at the sky and I was thrown off onto my back to gaze at the stars.  The quad has so much low end tourque that it continued without any throttle input for about 1/4 mile through the brush and I had to pick myself up and go chase it down where it stalled.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 08:47:05 AM »

Well i have many of them. but this one is the scariest and the funniest?

the family and myself were at the squares(like march of 04) we were at the little track that was out there. i was riding my wifes rancher at the time(before i got into sport bikes) she was on her brothers foreman and the kids were on their quads anyways, we were hitting the track sideways to catch air off the lip of one of the turns. i had already jumped it numerous times, yes on my 4x4. low and behold i go to jump again and i hit it a little off so the bike is going to land very awkward. so i try and shift my weight but this is a heavy bike before i knew it the front tire hits the ground i get thrown off the bike over the handle bars and here comes the bike and it runs me over. needless to say my wife freaked out my kids were screaming there were other ppl there that came running to me to see if i was ok. after the bike ran me over i jumped up and was like doooh! i had to ride the rest of the day with the tire track on the front of my shirt.

Anoriginal

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 11:10:23 AM »

This story is painful to recall, but here goes.

Way back when, my brother and I used to have two 1982 ATC 185s'. Over the summers, my family would travel to our vacation home in North Carolina right on the edge of a large preserve which (at the time) allowed off road activities. Well, my brother and I would spend the majority of our summers riding those ATC'c all over the mountains.

One thing we enjoyed was trying to ride along the century old logging trails that crossed all over this property. The trails were very narrow (usually less than eight feet) as the only thing traveling them when used were mule teams and draft horses/oxen used to drag the trees out of the forest and to the saw mill. Needless to say, 100 years of growth made these trails very tough going. In many places we were forced to go around large obstacles such as trees or wash outs.

On one such occasion, my brother and I were probably 5-6 miles back into the woods and trying to open up one of these trails when we came across a large and ancient washout. to get round it, we took our bikes down the mountain approximately 100 yards, crossed the washout at a better place and then proceeded to try to climb our bikes back up the mountain to the trail.  This is where it gets painful.

For those of you who don't recall, the old 1982 ATC 185s had a gas cap with a vent valve. You had to turnt he vent to the on position to keep the fuel flowing to the carb. These vent caps were notorious for leaking and on this day, my leaked.

As I started to climb up the mountain on my bike, I leaned way up and had by head over the bars. As I leaned forward, the bike bumped, spun and tried to make it up the hill. I figured I would probably have to get off and push (which I did), but I wanted to try and climb as far as I could without pushing. While leaning forward and climbing, gas was constantly leaking out of the cap and all over the steel tank.

So picture this...as a person stands on the pegs and leans forward, the person's crotch often comes in contact with the area surrounding the gas cap. This usually isn't a big deal until you introduce gasoline into the equation. Get the picture?

Well, in my haste to climb the hill I managed to drench my private parts in gasoline. Given the fact the skin in those areas of a person's body is quite sensitive, the raging burning sensation and acute pain set in almost immediately. I was hurting. Bad. Real bad.

Lucky for me, North Carolina if covered with all kinds of streams and creeks flowing with ice cold and clean water. Knowing this, I ran back down the trail about 1/2 mile to a small stream, took off all my clothes and laid down right in the middle of the stream on my back with my head facing down stream so as to maximize the water's contact with my now excrutiatingly painful genitals.

I laid there in that stream for probably 30 minutes and then washed out my jeans as best I could. Once the burning pain subsided, I put on my underwear (the jeans still had too much gas in them), hopped on my bike and made the brutally bumpy ride back to the house. Once inside, I jumped in the tub and soaked some more.

My injuries were limited to blisters in all the wrong places. As a result, I had to wait a couple of days before riding again. However, prior to doing so, my Dad drove me to the nearest Honda dealer and picked up a new gas cap.

The moral of the story? Gasoline and genitals are a painful mix.
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 12:04:23 PM »

Well five years ago, before I had my own quad I borrowed my friends suzuki 230 2x4 with detatchable front light. There were a group of 8 riders. We come upon a pit with a bunch of dirt mounds, probably 15-18 feet high. Everyone started climbing up and going over the mound. After about ten minutes of watching everyone else do it, I finally said hey yall, watch this. I proceeded to get a running start go up the mound and all of a sudden I stopped and then it just came right on up and over and over and over, I jumped off of course and by the time I made it down to where the bike landed I saw the handlebars all bent up and the $230.00 dollar light smashed beyond recognition. Needless to say I don't borrow quads anymore Cheesy

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 02:01:19 PM »

I was at dadecity raceway back in the early 90s. On the start of practice I was lined up against the wall on the straight away. I was first to take off and I pop a wheely and hit the wall made a jacka$$ out of myself. Then at a track in tallahasse I was coming around the front section were the spectators stand and I lost it, went right into them. I hit the banners and the banners got stuck around my neck pulling me off the bike but, my foot was stuck in the nerf bar nets has so with the a twist trottle you apply more gas while being pulled back accidently. So while this was going on spectators were running and getting hit, my neck took a beating i had a 10inch scar on the front of my neck. It wasn't fun going back to shool that following monday. It look like a tried to comment suicide even my adminastrator call me to his office to guestion me about my life problems. The owner of the track call me banner boy after that!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 04:49:48 PM »

lol

rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 05:30:50 PM »

well when i used to br big in to dirt bikes it was my first time on my friends new cr85 and i was having so much fun on it and he was on his dads xr650 well he came next to me and gased it and i wanted to do the same and i pulled in the clutch and shifted to 3rd and mashed well i hit the power band and fell flat on my but.
then when i was at my grandmas house i was trying to mowe her front yard and there is a gully where i have a lil hill climb thing set up well i was mowing and i was backing up and i acdently hit the gas and i went down the gully and  the lawnmower fliped and i land donw by the road and that was the most scaryist thing in the world now the funny part was that some how it riped my bathing suit and every thing was exposed ( i didnt know this for like 2 mins ) and every body was making fun of me.
then wehn i had my dirt bike i was trying to show of to some hot girls and i was doing some tricks and some jumps well i went to do a stopie and i hit the breaks to hard well it was like slow motion and i fell to the side and went right in to a ditch

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 08:51:51 PM »

YA, SHOWING OFF HURTS SOMETIMES Cry

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 08:58:33 PM »

well when i used to br big in to dirt bikes it was my first time on my friends new cr85 and i was having so much fun on it and he was on his dads xr650 well he came next to me and gased it and i wanted to do the same and i pulled in the clutch and shifted to 3rd and mashed well i hit the power band and fell flat on my but.
then when i was at my grandmas house i was trying to mowe her front yard and there is a gully where i have a lil hill climb thing set up well i was mowing and i was backing up and i acdently hit the gas and i went down the gully and  the lawnmower fliped and i land donw by the road and that was the most scaryist thing in the world now the funny part was that some how it riped my bathing suit and every thing was exposed ( i didnt know this for like 2 mins ) and every body was making fun of me.
then wehn i had my dirt bike i was trying to show of to some hot girls and i was doing some tricks and some jumps well i went to do a stopie and i hit the breaks to hard well it was like slow motion and i fell to the side and went right in to a ditch
cuz the chicks dig it lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:29:01 PM by Last Chance » Logged

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2005, 05:46:07 PM »

One time, at band camp......

I switched my handlebars on my 450R with a 50R so that I would have tiny handlebars to do some heel clickers off the kicker ramp at Durhamtown......

LESON TO BE LEARNED: Although the smaller bars allow for easier clearance during free style tricks....they don't quite support the weight of a 215 lb man when you case the jump.

It was pretty embarassing when they folded like a soft taco.

I'm glad it wasn't in front of a big crowd.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 08:09:10 PM »

YOU SAID TACO Grin

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 08:27:17 PM »

I was at dadecity raceway back in the early 90s. On the start of practice I was lined up against the wall on the straight away. I was first to take off and I pop a wheely and hit the wall made a jacka$$ out of myself. Then at a track in tallahasse I was coming around the front section were the spectators stand and I lost it, went right into them. I hit the banners and the banners got stuck around my neck pulling me off the bike but, my foot was stuck in the nerf bar nets has so with the a twist trottle you apply more gas while being pulled back accidently. So while this was going on spectators were running and getting hit, my neck took a beating i had a 10inch scar on the front of my neck. It wasn't fun going back to shool that following monday. It look like a tried to comment suicide even my adminastrator call me to his office to guestion me about my life problems. The owner of the track call me banner boy after that!

Ummm... I was there! And certify all he says is TRUE.

You just don't ever forget a friend "almost" beheading
himself.

Glad you survived that one and all others trx#9

Dano

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2005, 08:34:19 PM »

Oh man.That is so funny storyies the one with atc story in nc.You must been
burning for days on that one.

I done some dumb things when i was
17 on go kart here 9years ago in mcalpin Clown.I crash into tree one time at night,and jump off at 45mph on dirt grass road with helmet on during daylight hours and got up and chasing after go kart down on dirt road going catch it go kart rolling down on road (lol) Rolling on the Floor Laughing.And playing music for one hour in headphones and i had stop the go kart  and the thing was smoking on 5hp.lol Clown

I will never do that again.And  I used do powersides and spins on it in dirt and sand.It was so fun back then. Smiley

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:41:07 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2005, 09:22:33 PM »

somehow you left out the part of trying to do a one-handed wheelie?

all I remember is Honda328i finally catching up to me in the front and pointing backwards,,,,I looked back and saw Dreth on one side of 316 and his quad on the other side,,,,,for anyone that knows the main roads up there you will understand how odd that would be ;-)

Id@

I always thought that was just one of Dreth's latest tricks, trying to swap bikes in midair with Hollywood while in motion!  Huh 

Here's one from last year.  While riding with Joshintampa, 1Scorpion and josh's buddy Troy at Croom, we decide to let Troy lead our ride for a while.  He was doing well until he decides to ride down a wash out, at high throttle.  Luckily, he ends up strattling it half way down, and stays upright while we all laugh on.  Now try having a place to stand while pulling this bad boy out.  Then he expects us to help him get his bike out!  45 minutes later, WE did.  The morale of this story:  Never let a banshee lead the ride  Smiley  He deserved the roosting he got after we got through with him.  The dirt in his wheels is roost!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 11:03:52 PM by Honda328i » Logged

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2005, 09:27:14 AM »

I put in the pictures below __v

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: