Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many more troops have to die?  (Read 26496 times)
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2005, 03:04:37 PM »

over 1900 Americans have died in Iraq so far. What a G-D joke! That is a lot of people. 5 more today and I am sure there will be more tommorrow. You would think with the technology we have today we would have already wiped the f-ers off the G-D map. I am P.O.ed. Can someone give me one good reason why we are over there? It is gettin to be GD rediculous!  Angry

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:12:56 PM »

Oh great Roll Eyes
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 03:15:26 PM »

Wave Wave In on the first page. This will turn into a huge debate/arguement about Bush,Oil, Money, and the threat on America. Everyone has their views but nothing is concrete. It is ashame that 1900 of our boys are dead. Alot of them were probably under the age of 30 so they had their whole life ahead. Remember Vietnam? Same thing happening. We have the power but can't and won't use it.   -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 03:27:06 PM »

How many died in WWi? or WWII or Korea? Hundreds and hundreds of THOUSANDS! the difference is that back then the American population wasn't filled with a bunch of liberal wimps willing to let anyone and everyone attack us and get away with it. I don't hear anyone crying about all the dead there. The fact is that if the people back then acted like the people of today we'd be speaking Japanese or German in America. Some things are worth fighting and yes even dying for. The protection of our country is at the top of the list. All those that joined the military knew the risk going in. And for the most part it's not them crying. It's the liberal limp wristed punks back here in the states. Liberating millions, Removing a murderous dictator from power, stopping one source of terrorist support are all reasons worth sacrificing 1,900 men and women. How many died in the revolutionary war to obtain a free democracy? I don't hear you complaining about it now. Sadam slaughtered tens of thousands. To stop him from doing it again, and to help the people there establish a system to protect themselves and create a society where they actually want to live and do so without fear of a mad man is worthy of the sacrifice. If we send in tons of troops the libs cry. If we don't have enough the libs cry. I wish some of you willing to complain about the cost of liberating those people and helping secure our country had to live in the conditions the citizens of Iraq had to live in under Sadam's rule. You wouldn't be crying now.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 03:41:49 PM »

How many died in WWi? or WWII or Korea? Hundreds and hundreds of THOUSANDS! the difference is that back then the American population wasn't filled with a bunch of liberal wimps willing to let anyone and everyone attack us and get away with it. I don't hear anyone crying about all the dead there. The fact is that if the people back then acted like the people of today we'd be speaking Japanese or German in America. Some things are worth fighting and yes even dying for. The protection of our country is at the top of the list. All those that joined the military knew the risk going in. And for the most part it's not them crying. It's the liberal limp wristed punks back here in the states. Liberating millions, Removing a murderous dictator from power, stopping one source of terrorist support are all reasons worth sacrificing 1,900 men and women. How many died in the revolutionary war to obtain a free democracy? I don't hear you complaining about it now. Sadam slaughtered tens of thousands. To stop him from doing it again, and to help the people there establish a system to protect themselves and create a society where they actually want to live and do so without fear of a mad man is worthy of the sacrifice. If we send in tons of troops the libs cry. If we don't have enough the libs cry. I wish some of you willing to complain about the cost of liberating those people and helping secure our country had to live in the conditions the citizens of Iraq had to live in under Sadam's rule. You wouldn't be crying now.
enough said,'' thats why''  ::)some people believe that crap!!!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 03:44:14 PM »

If it helps you sleep at night.

cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 04:01:09 PM »

It should help you sleep at night. If the government did nothing after 9/11 (like clinton did after the USS Cole bombing) then they would cry that it's bush's fault the next time we are attacked. If we do act it's Bush's fault that soldiers die.  Just remember if it weren't for so many soldiers in our past you wouldn't have the right to say what you want about the situation in the first place. You can't please all the people at once, so even when liberating others, protecting our country some will still whine and cry and complain about something. If ther terrorist attack again and (forbid it should happen - I would never wish such greif on anyone) one of your loved ones were killed maybe then it would be ok to target terrorism even at the expense of some of our soldier's lives.  Until then you should than the soldiers of the past that gave you the ability to cry and complain the way you do.

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 04:04:12 PM »

It should help you sleep at night. If the government did nothing after 9/11 (like clinton did after the USS Cole bombing) then they would cry that it's bush's fault the next time we are attacked. If we do act it's Bush's fault that soldiers die. Just remember if it weren't for so many soldiers in our past you wouldn't have the right to say what you want about the situation in the first place. You can't please all the people at once, so even when liberating others, protecting our country some will still whine and cry and complain about something. If ther terrorist attack again and (forbid it should happen - I would never wish such greif on anyone) one of your loved ones were killed maybe then it would be ok to target terrorism even at the expense of some of our soldier's lives. Until then you should than the soldiers of the past that gave you the ability to cry and complain the way you do.
Cain, I agree 100% with you.
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 04:10:22 PM »

Now you will become hated as much as me
Old_School
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 04:10:42 PM »

I would hardly compare the Gulf War to WWI or WWII. In both WW there were multiple countries united together fighting on the same front. The Gulf War or War on Terror as you may call it is just one country trying to bully a sandbox full of mud huts and towel heads throwing rocks at tanks.  I don't see any other country trying to force their beliefs(democracy) as much as the US is right now in Iraq. You don't see England or Spain in their do you? They had terrorist bombs go off in their countries? Why are they not over there? Hmmmm, WMD yeah I belive that.  Roll Eyes  I would compare this "war" to Vietnam. Thousands died for no reason and no positive result.

Here's something to ponder, those towel heads have been fighting for over 2000 YEARS! What makes you think that that is going to change? If there was going to be a truce wouldn't you think it would of happened by now?  So can throw the "homeland security" out the window. Nuclear arms have been around since the 40's. In 60 years wouldn't you think that a little 3rd world country would have already gotten a hold of a nuclear device or ICBM and shot it at us?

<Ding>, your turn.  Wink    -Mark
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 04:13:22 PM by Old_School » Logged

90' LT500R Quadzilla

92' LT250R Quadracer

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

Thanks Dirt. It's just common sense (which isn't so common by the way) Freedom isn't free. There are those that appreciate it and understand its cost and those that cry no matter what happens and desecrate the honor with which so many made the ultimate sacrifice to provide us with.

cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 04:22:12 PM »

No Mark I don't think they've had the opportunity to fire a nuke at us yet, which is evident by the fact that we haven't been nuked yet. Do you know one of the main reasons for the first Gulf War? I was not only to defend those in Kuwait, it was also to stop Sadam. He stated that he was months away from a nuclear device and openly stated that as soon as it was operable he would fire at Isreal. Seeing as how Isreal has been a nuclear power for years it would have started a multi nation all out nuclear war. I don't think they people of that region plan on ceasing hostilities any time soon, but I also don't believe inaction would deter them. If we don't do something they will continue to attack us with greater intensity until they do procure a nuclear device and use it. Would you rather we wait for that to happen? Thousands die for no reason? Say that to one of the millions freed from Sadam's death grip. At the end of the first Gulf was we encouraged teh kurds to revolt and rise up against him. They did, we pulled out, they were masacred and put in shallow mass graves by the thousands. We pulled out so others wouldn't think we were being imperialists and trying to take the country for ourselves. Because we left tens of thousands died and millions were starving while Sadam milked the UN's food for oil scam and built billion dollar palaces for himself.  It is a worthy cause. How would you feel if you were one of the terrified, starving tortured Iraqi citizens unde Sadam's rule ? Would it be a waste of life then ?

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 04:25:05 PM »

My family is from sweden,  they haven't been to war in over 100yrs. but they have more freedom than over here. they don't even have locks on there doors over there. but i guess there abunch of liberals that means there system does't work!!!  RIGHT!

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 04:28:15 PM »

And if the US and UK didn't enter the world wars how long would it be a free country instead of an annex of Germany, or some other hegimon nation ? And I don't believe that the social staus is directly correlated to the lack of participation in wars for a century. It does say something for the accomplished societal development which I applaud.

Old_School
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 04:35:31 PM »

No Mark I don't think they've had the opportunity to fire a nuke at us yet, which is evident by the fact that we haven't been nuked yet. Do you know one of the main reasons for the first Gulf War? I was not only to defend those in Kuwait, it was also to stop Sadam. He stated that he was months away from a nuclear device and openly stated that as soon as it was operable he would fire at Isreal. Seeing as how Isreal has been a nuclear power for years it would have started a multi nation all out nuclear war. I don't think they people of that region plan on ceasing hostilities any time soon, but I also don't believe inaction would deter them. If we don't do something they will continue to attack us with greater intensity until they do procure a nuclear device and use it. Would you rather we wait for that to happen? Thousands die for no reason? Say that to one of the millions freed from Sadam's death grip. At the end of the first Gulf was we encouraged teh kurds to revolt and rise up against him. They did, we pulled out, they were masacred and put in shallow mass graves by the thousands. We pulled out so others wouldn't think we were being imperialists and trying to take the country for ourselves. Because we left tens of thousands died and millions were starving while Sadam milked the UN's food for oil scam and built billion dollar palaces for himself.  It is a worthy cause. How would you feel if you were one of the terrified, starving tortured Iraqi citizens unde Sadam's rule ? Would it be a waste of life then ?

Well as americans we are very opinionated  Wink  if it were me in that sandlot over there I would pack my shiat (get it, sheiates? haha) and get the heck out of there. But their thinking/culture is drastically different from ours. So they "grin and bear it".  What about pulling our boys out and making our borders twice as strong. Napoleon's demise was that he spread himself too thin. I believe that ol Georgie Peorgie is doing the same with our troops.

Let me ask you this, hypothetically if 9/11 didn't happen and in your honest opinion(take the republican thinking out of the equation) do you really think that we would have invaded Iraq? Show me one newpaper clipping pre 9/11 that said we were going to invade Iraq because of WMD.  And why since some terrorist schmuck (Bin Laden) killed 6k+ of our people do we go and invade Iraq. Should we be invading afganistan since that is were he is from? Ever wonder why his name isn't brought up as much any more in the news? Hmmmm, makes you think.

To be honest, if we didn't invade Iraq and went into some other country(most likely Afganistan) to hunt down Laden I would have no problem supporting Bush. But I feel he is using Sadaam as a scapegoat. I haven't seen anything relating the two. Have you?    -Mark  

90' LT500R Quadzilla

92' LT250R Quadracer

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 04:42:32 PM »

It should help you sleep at night. If the government did nothing after 9/11 (like clinton did after the USS Cole bombing) then they would cry that it's bush's fault the next time we are attacked. If we do act it's Bush's fault that soldiers die.  Just remember if it weren't for so many soldiers in our past you wouldn't have the right to say what you want about the situation in the first place. You can't please all the people at once, so even when liberating others, protecting our country some will still whine and cry and complain about something. If ther terrorist attack again and (forbid it should happen - I would never wish such greif on anyone) one of your loved ones were killed maybe then it would be ok to target terrorism even at the expense of some of our soldier's lives.  Until then you should than the soldiers of the past that gave you the ability to cry and complain the way you do.

This could go on forever and annoy most people on this site I'm sure. I do understand your views Cain and enjoy reading most of your posts (funny one's mainly) Smiley. I would say read the 9/11 Commission Report or watch the History's Channel Program on the report. You will see the problems Clinton had trying to eliminate Osama, not starting a war over the USS Cole on his way out of office and leaving that legacy. It also shows what little Bush did when he came to office about the USS Cole and against terrorism. What I got from the report was we were not prepared, mostly because of the bureaucracy in the Pentagon and the lack of communication between FBI, CIA and local law enforcement.

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 04:46:54 PM »

Mark remember, the terroist were from sadia arabia we should have attack them.'' oh wait those are bushes hand holding freinds''. Kiss    
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 04:49:45 PM by trx#9 » Logged

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 04:55:21 PM »

NJ, we like wilburz no matter what his opinions are, we dont dislike you because your opinions, we dont like you cause you are a post wh0re. lol

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 04:55:49 PM »

I would hardly compare the Gulf War to WWI or WWII. In both WW there were multiple countries united together fighting on the same front. The Gulf War or War on Terror as you may call it is just one country trying to bully a sandbox full of mud huts and towel heads throwing rocks at tanks.  I don't see any other country trying to force their beliefs(democracy) as much as the US is right now in Iraq. You don't see England or Spain in their do you? They had terrorist bombs go off in their countries? Why are they not over there? Hmmmm, WMD yeah I belive that.  Roll Eyes  I would compare this "war" to Vietnam. Thousands died for no reason and no positive result.

Here's something to ponder, those towel heads have been fighting for over 2000 YEARS! What makes you think that that is going to change? If there was going to be a truce wouldn't you think it would of happened by now?  So can throw the "homeland security" out the window. Nuclear arms have been around since the 40's. In 60 years wouldn't you think that a little 3rd world country would have already gotten a hold of a nuclear device or ICBM and shot it at us?

<Ding>, your turn.  Wink    -Mark

Hey, it's very demaning to refer to people as you have done, calling them "Towel heads"  Angry .

The covering Arab peoples use on their head is actually a carefully folded little sheet.

Therefore instead of calling them "towel heads" we should call them "little sheet heads"  Grin

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 05:12:59 PM »

Well as americans we are very opinionated  Wink  if it were me in that sandlot over there I would pack my shiat (get it, sheiates? haha) and get the heck out of there. But their thinking/culture is drastically different from ours. So they "grin and bear it".  What about pulling our boys out and making our borders twice as strong. Napoleon's demise was that he spread himself too thin. I believe that ol Georgie Peorgie is doing the same with our troops.

Let me ask you this, hypothetically if 9/11 didn't happen and in your honest opinion(take the republican thinking out of the equation) do you really think that we would have invaded Iraq? Show me one newpaper clipping pre 9/11 that said we were going to invade Iraq because of WMD.  And why since some terrorist schmuck (Bin Laden) killed 6k+ of our people do we go and invade Iraq. Should we be invading afganistan since that is were he is from? Ever wonder why his name isn't brought up as much any more in the news? Hmmmm, makes you think.

To be honest, if we didn't invade Iraq and went into some other country(most likely Afganistan) to hunt down Laden I would have no problem supporting Bush. But I feel he is using Sadaam as a scapegoat. I haven't seen anything relating the two. Have you?    -Mark  

Taken over Iraq was planned from the get-go under Bush Sr., but he didn't have all his ducks in order. 8 years passed to get them in order, 9/11 came and gave Bush Jr. the excuse he needed to go back in.

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 06:58:30 PM »

Sorry  guys  but  Im  100%  with  Cain  and  the  good  Doc  on  this  one. Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 07:03:14 PM »

Cain, I think I love you. They will never understand that being nice and just keeping to yourself like good little Americans will get your asses or your childrens asses killed. The difference is our troops are getting killed on foreign soil not our wives and children on our soil. That is a big difference. I dont care if the rest of the world likes us, but I want them to know not to F with us.  These same liberals that Boo Hoo about the death of SOLDIERS dont bat an eye at aborting a baby, thats Fooked up.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 07:06:19 PM »

Hell  yea !!   What  chillin  said !! Wink Boxer Grin

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Jaskel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 07:23:45 PM »

you know from just being in the military myself, the worst thing i think that i could ever hear is

"why are our boys over there dying for nothing" or "what are we doing there"

just seems so damned disrespectful to the 1900 hundred folks that have given the ultimate sacrifice for their country. instead of supporting them and honoring them by standing behind what they believed in, and honoring them by doing such, we question everything and then run rampant trying to come up with some excuse. Same with the lady protesting the war, why would you disrespect the memory by protesting, instead of taking comfort that your child did what he felt was right. such is our country, though the folks that protect and enable free speech to go on will always somehow find themselves in this sort of predicament. or maybe it is just me, and i do feel greif that american soldiers are dying there, but honor the fact that we do not just simply sit by and let the world tailspin down the gutter...
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 07:25:05 PM »

My family is from sweden,  they haven't been to war in over 100yrs. but they have more freedom than over here. they don't even have locks on there doors over there. but i guess there abunch of liberals that means there system does't work!!!  RIGHT!

Then i must ask... why is your fam here if sweden is so great..?
you know why sweden doesnt have wars.. what is there any other country would want? snow?.. chocolate? what... give me a break!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com