Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could be controversial, watch out ;-)  (Read 4407 times)
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2005, 07:03:46 PM »

OK a little background before I begin.

I am a member of a 9-person committee that coordinates activities and funding for the employees(currently about 250) at the company I work for.  We have a raffle after every payday that we call the "50/50" and we sell each ticket for $1.  The winner of the raffle wins half the money collected and the other half goes to fund "NARS Night Out" where we will take the entire company out bowling or go cart racing, or mini-golf, or roller skating,,,,whatever we decide.

Now, we drew for the lucky winner and the winner emailed one of our committee members and said that if we would match his winnings, he would donate the entire winnings to any hurricane Katrina relief fund we saw fit.

Since this was a decision needed to be made by the committee members, she emailed it out to all of us and my response was "I think that if we were to accept that it should come out of our pockets, not the employee club account.  Unfortunately I do not have the cash to do that until next paycheck, but I'd be willing to pledge $10 to it. "

her response "Why should it come out of our pockets?  That does not make any sense to me.  Many of us have already donated to the fund.  It would just be all the money that was collected for the 50/50.  It is only 80.50 of the clubs money.  We were considering giving everything from the party, $80 can be made on Wed for the floats "

to explain: the committee's biggest expense is a Christmas party at the end of the year and we have been saving/raising funds all year for it, she suggested that we forget about the party and donate all of the money we had raised.  We also are making root-beer floats on Wed. to help raise some money for the party as well.

now, my response back to her: "Because we are representative's of the entire group of employee's, and to do anything with that money should require foreknowledge of this by all the employee's.  When I buy tickets for the 50/50 I intend that money to go towards the winner and to NARS Nights Out,,,not donations, I know I cannot be the only one who thinks this way.  This is a noble idea, but if we are to be noble,,,,let's not do it with other people's money. "

her response back to me before she left for the day:"So far you are the only who feels this way"

so, the question is for the good people on this site,,,,,am I being sensible, or am I a heartless bass turd?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 07:08:59 PM »

heartless, i dont think so. whats 62 billion gettin them. not to mention the millions if not billions already donated. if you as an individual want to give then by all means; but if i gave money for something i want it to go to that something. believe me, i am  heartless when it comes to whining crying wanna-be victims.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Grizzlygirl

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 07:16:26 PM »

I agree the money is for the employee's fund and it is not right to put the money somewhere else. If people want to give it should be their choice.
   Mam Grizz
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 07:31:25 PM »

i agree with you ida, your in the right.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 07:42:29 PM »

Ida is correct.  The question should have been put to the employees as this is their money.  By the way, maybe you need to review this woman's expense vouchers a bit more closely.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 07:47:39 PM »

heartless, i dont think so. whats 62 billion gettin them. not to mention the millions if not billions already donated. if you as an individual want to give then by all means; but if i gave money for something i want it to go to that something. believe me, i am  heartless when it comes to whining crying wanna-be victims.
I agree whole heartly IDA for the simple fact as gery mentioned there is 62Billion dollars there now, at every scam artist out there trying to get there share of it. not to mention the other who are spending the relief money on $800.00 purses and strip clubs. I have a great deal of heart burn knowing that some kid is going hungry while this activity is happening.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 08:10:40 PM »

I just feel a showdown with this girl coming tomorrow,,,,,was wondering if out in the real world there wasn't some opposition to my side.

now for the interesting, if not obvious part in all of this.........this girl still has "John Kerry for President" bumper stickers on the back of her VW Bug,,,,no additional comment needed.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 08:14:27 PM »

I think you're right, Id@.

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 08:19:19 PM »

even though the commitee might agree to doing that i think you should ask everyone about it then vote then, that is what i would want as being part of the group
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 08:53:03 PM »

Florida is a right to work state. FIRE her in the morning and the problem will be solved.  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 09:00:16 PM »

I think anyone that donates is doing so to help a good cause - supplying aid to those that need it. And I think it was generous  of the winner to offer to donate the winning to the cause. However, I would be on your side. I think that if the money was collected for one cause (everyone that puts in knows what it's for) then for the committee to arbitrarily decide to change the destination for the money is wrong. It's intended to a good cause, but it amounts to misappropriation of funds none the less. If the money was collected for the night out then that's what it should go for. If those on the committee want to donate then they should do so with their own money. The only way to use the money collected for such a donation would require everyone that donated to be informed and give consent. It's not their right to divert money put in by others based on what the committee members want.  I would hope that everyone would donate of their own accord based on what they wish to give, but they shouldn't be forced out of their money even if it's to go to a good cause. That committee is trying to play Robin Hood. Stick to your guns, you are right.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 09:02:38 PM »

If it wasn't clearly stated before the first 50/50 that the monies could possibly be donated then it should not be changed now even if it were to be voted on. Just my 2 cents.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 09:06:34 PM »

If she still disagrees take her out in the parking lot, wet her down with a hose, put a ballarina skirt on her and beat her with a stick. Ooops. Sorry I got carried away.
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 09:14:38 PM »

Hey I was with the wet T-shirt in the parking lot deal until you got all violent Cableguy  Grin

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 09:51:31 PM »

Hey I was with the wet T-shirt in the parking lot deal until you got all violent Cableguy  Grin

I'm sure your in wet T-shirts all the time cain.  Grin
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 10:03:30 PM »

Ther should be a rule that dr bone head can't reply until he is informed and intelligent enough to have an opinion...never  Wink Grin
jk doc you're ok for a pimple farming hormone with legs  Shocked

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »

Ther should be a rule that dr bone head can't reply until he is informed and intelligent enough to have an opinion...never  Wink Grin
jk doc you're ok for a pimple farming hormone with legs  Shocked

And your alright for a dress and duct tape wearing drag queen with one arm... Grin
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 10:07:44 PM »

Lets not hijack  this post - besides  leave your dad out of this  Shocked -  back to the monk thread boy !
Sorry for this interuption guys. I'm trying to teach this little boy some manners  Grin

MrsPureLogic

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 08:51:13 AM »

Florida is a right to work state. FIRE her in the morning and the problem will be solved.  Grin
Amen!  LOL  Just kidding, I (too) agree with you Id....... She sounds like she was on a hormonal high horse at the moment  Devil and probably changed her mind as of today.  If she feels so strongly about donating to the victims, then tell her to walk around and collect for it separately!  Just my 2 cents!
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 09:01:04 AM »

Yeah and tell her to use the first half of Cableguy's idea and she'll collect a lot more  Grin

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 09:25:52 AM »

She sounds like she was on a hormonal high horse at the moment  Devil and probably changed her mind as of today. 

That's what I was thinking too, from the tone of her e-mail  Grin  Of course the "sore loser" bumper sticker on her rear end tells you her cheery disposition and spirit of cooperation.  Be careful, her "donation" collections might end up with the ACLU to defend pedophiles.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com