Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV Safety Institute  (Read 2118 times)
CAOSPOP

« on: May 04, 2005, 10:05:35 AM »

I signed up for an ATV safety course in the CROOM ATV AREA I was wondering if anyone would like to give me feed back as to any expeirences that they may have had with a safety course. It was free and i get to get out of Miami for a while anyway, at least two to three days. YIPEEE. All comments are welcome.
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 10:16:10 AM »

Took this class a long time ago.  If you have been riding a long time, you will be bored going in circles on a small track, but the instructor was excellent.  The best part is that you can usually get your money rebated if you have recently purchased a new ATV, and you get to meet new people.  Be sure to tell them about ATVFlorida.  --H

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 11:10:01 AM »

I have gotten 3 prerecorded calls to my cellphone saying to signup and it is free for purchasing my new atv's. I decided not to do it, but I also read somewhere that suzuki will give you $100 if you take it, anyone know about that?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 11:34:29 AM »

Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yahama-possibly a few others will give you a $100 rebate.  However, I took it a couple months ago, the one I went to was in Apopka but have not seen the check-so if you're planning on the money shortly after you take the course-don't.  
It was a decent course, went over the basics like stopping,
weight distribution.  I would say if they are offering you $100 its worth the time-and heck you may even learn something.  There is a short trail run after the course and that was cool.
While I was in the course I did mention the website to the others who were unaware-I believe I've seen a few of the people who took the course on the site!!
CAOSPOP

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 05:20:40 PM »

Thanks for the Tips
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 07:56:03 PM »

CAOSPOP, Check out the below links. Not sure if Metro-Dade has an ATV Unit that could benefit from the training.  

http://www.snowmobilesafety.com/apoc.htm

http://www.snowmobilesafety.com/schedule.htm

CAOSPOP

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 10:51:27 AM »

Thanks PBSO sounds cool its a lil expensive but def. worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com