Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FORSAKEN ROOTS  (Read 4946 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: September 16, 2005, 05:04:19 PM »

WORTH A LOOK
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/forsakenroots.html
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 08:17:25 PM »

Although I am not religous I enjoy reading your posts Chuck. I think that its not right how they are taking religion out of schools and everyday life. This country was founded on those beliefs and now people are saying that its not right to "force them" on them and their kids. Why would you even live here in the United States if you were going to complain about the religion it was founded on?? It just puzzles me as to how anyone could complain about that. I mean come on, they want to take "Under God" out of the Pledge of Alligence. Why? Who is it hurting to say that. I think thats very disrespectful to the people that fought and are still fighting for this country and its belief's. I may not belive in God but I don't complain, it doesnt bother me at all to hear about God, in fact I am glad that this country was founded on good morals like the Bible teaches. Now people want to get rid of it.... I think that all those people trying to say that they dont think its right to hear about God are just looking for publicity and they are so insecure and unsure about their own belifes that they have to take it out on others beliefs.
Well I am done writing for now, thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:13:20 PM by Dr.Dirt » Logged
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 01:08:53 AM »

Here's one for you "Federal Court in California Rules Pledge of Allegiance Unconstitutional"

To email your senator go to: http://www3.capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=8022451&type=CO
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 01:49:17 AM »

who cares, If you don't want to say ''UNDER GOD'' then don't say it very simple, I don't know why people get there panties in a up roar over nothing. Your never going to change it unless most the  population turns athiest and that won't happen for a number of years yet! Just my 2 cents Roll Eyes

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 07:50:49 AM »

Was Patrick Henry a Christian? The following year, 1776, he wrote this "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For that reason alone, people of other faiths have been afforded freedom of worship here.

The atheists are arguing the point made in Patrick Henry's last sentence(above); For that reason alone, people of other faiths have been afforded freedom(not religious coercion) of worship. Where does Jesus' Gospel command us to force others into vowing allegiance to God? And, even if it did, where in the Constitution does the law require it?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 07:51:47 AM »

that won't happen for a number of years yet! Just my 2 cents Roll Eyes
The Bible  has comment like "It is written and it came to pass" meaning these items took place at a certain time in history or will take place.  Removing UNDER GOD from the Pledege is simpley the begining of Whats to come if your statement is true.
Where does Jesus' Gospel command us to force others into vowing allegiance to God? And, even if it did, where in the Constitution does the law require it?

Second Commandment (Exodus 20:3-6): You shall have no other gods beside Me. You shall not make for yourself any graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them, nor serve them, for I, the Lord Your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. The Constitution has no law forcing you to accept religion. The religious nature is the Moral Standard for which it was written and place into Law for GOD fearing People.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 07:57:14 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 08:04:34 AM »

For GOD fearing People. Those people claim they are NOT God-fearing, they fear religious persons who attempt to force their agenda/will upon them. Therefore, they feel they should not be forced to pledge allegiance to a nation under God. That's all. They won't mess with the religion we practice in our churches, if we don't mess with them in PUBLIC places. What if San Fransisco schools adopted a pledge of allegiance which required your child to pledge allegiance to one nation under Bruce?

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 08:07:54 AM »

Please remember, religion is NOT practiced in public schools. Celebration of religious holidays is NOT practiced in public schools. So, pledging allegiance to one nation under God is NOT consistent with public school practice.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 09:02:51 AM »

For GOD fearing People. Those people claim they are NOT God-fearing, they fear religious persons who attempt to force their agenda/will upon them. Therefore, they feel they should not be forced to pledge allegiance to a nation under God. That's all. They won't mess with the religion we practice in our churches, if we don't mess with them in PUBLIC places. What if San Fransisco schools adopted a pledge of allegiance which required your child to pledge allegiance to one nation under Bruce?
So what your saying is I am to accept or be forced to accept the immoral acts of others even though the moral standard is far better option?
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 09:39:21 AM »

Please remember, religion is NOT practiced in public schools. Celebration of religious holidays is NOT practiced in public schools. So, pledging allegiance to one nation under God is NOT consistent with public school practice.
COLUMBINE MAY NOT HAVE OCCURRED IF THIS PRACTICE WAS RE-ENTERED INTO THE SCHOOLS. A SENCE OF MORAL VALUE WOULD BE INSTILLED WITH LEARNING CURRICULUM.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »

What immoral act are you refering to? May not is not good enough! I think the issue is freedom, not religion. How would NOT requiring the atheist to pledge(to one nation under God) harm Christians?  In public, we all pledge allegiance to one nation, above all other nations. In church, we pledge allegiance to God, above all other gods.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 10:04:26 AM by AintSkeered » Logged

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 11:25:53 AM »

What I would suggest you do is follow up on prior posts related to the thread. This will revisit arguments that have been made in prior threads
Take the post for what it is if you dont like the material within dont read it. If you are athiest that is your choice. your choice to do so can not change that foundational measure of this country. 
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 11:52:16 AM »

I wouldn't post if my aim was to NOT stimulate debate and thus educate all, especially myself. Atheists, gays, Jews, Muslims, many blacks, many whites, and many people of other than Christian belief are citizens of this great nation, too. They don't subscribe to Jesus as God and we pray for them. But, they fight and die for your freedom and contribute as much or more for this society than the Eric Rudolphs, Tammy Fays, Jim Bakers and the recent version of Pat Robertson, et al. We can continue to alienate these people by forcing them to subscribe to one nation under God or we can pray for them and welcome them into a United States of America. Attacks on my Catholic religion by pedophilic Catholic priests and critics haven't shaken my faith nor destroyed the Church, so we won't let atheists do it, either?

Each president recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 07:04:51 AM by AintSkeered » Logged

exhausted

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 12:31:30 PM »

Public schools are in part funded by our tax dollars , money out of your pockets , & mine , all US currency , and on EVERY bill it says " IN GOD WE TRUST " ,,,,,,,,,,, can i have my money back from these people ?? the ones that don`t want to talk about God ? in school ?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 12:37:52 PM »

Sh! Don't give the atheists another idea. But, it doesn't say that on credit cards! LOL Smiley We don't want our friends or family members to have to listen to sexually provocative comments in the workplace. Hence, we have laws and employers have policies protecting them. But, we want the right to force everyone to pledge allegiance to one nation under God?

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 01:09:37 PM »

Sh! Don't give the atheists another idea. But, it doesn't say that on credit cards! LOL Smiley

I watched an interesting show on the History channel about the Apocalypse and it refered to something about credit cards being mentioned in the Bible as a sign of the end of the world. I'm sure you know what I am talking about Chuck.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 01:16:09 PM by Dr.Dirt » Logged
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »

Don't get me started on credit cards. LOL Wouldn't we all like own a company which manufactures money out of thin air? That's right, cc companies NEVER EVER lend anybody any money. All they do is let you purchase goods and services, based upon your signature. They pay the merchants ONLY with monies they've received from you. They charge customer annual fees, customer late fees, overbalance fees, interest, customer payments, 3-5% merchant fees(from every purchase you make) and other merchant fees. And, they get to deduct tens of millions of taxable dollars per year in charge-offs(what customers can't pay back).  They rarely pass-along any dividends to their customers. Instead, they try to make you believe they are doing so by offering you alleged rebates, discounts and other "bonuses" ALL predicted on you spending MORE of your money. Why shouldn't they flood the USA with credit cards and throw us all into indebtedness to them? We're their assets(asses?) and don't ever forget that!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 02:09:40 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 02:20:44 PM »

I don't want to hijack this thread and don't wish to promote any specific financial website, but, I found a site which suggests that debt relief(from credit cards) is the Christian thing to do. If anyone's interested in debating that notion, just private message me and I'll forward you the link to the website.

GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 08:05:58 PM »

Although I am not religous I enjoy reading your posts Chuck. I think that its not right how they are taking religion out of schools and everyday life. This country was founded on those beliefs and now people are saying that its not right to "force them" on them and their kids. Why would you even live here in the United States if you were going to complain about the religion it was founded on?? It just puzzles me as to how anyone could complain about that. I mean come on, they want to take "Under God" out of the Pledge of Alligence. Why? Who is it hurting to say that. I think thats very disrespectful to the people that fought and are still fighting for this country and its belief's. I may not belive in God but I don't complain, it doesnt bother me at all to hear about God, in fact I am glad that this country was founded on good morals like the Bible teaches. Now people want to get rid of it.... I think that all those people trying to say that they dont think its right to hear about God are just looking for publicity and they are so insecure and unsure about their own belifes that they have to take it out on others beliefs.
Well I am done writing for now, thanks for listening.

Clapper Clapper Clapper  Well said!! Clapper Clapper Clapper

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 03:03:12 AM »

Clapper Clapper Clapper  Well said!! Clapper Clapper Clapper

Thanks  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up