Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just when you thought it was President Bushs' Fault for KATRINA Damage  (Read 12472 times)
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2005, 03:12:22 PM »

You are absolutely right its easy for me to say that. I cant tell you how because i dont know how they lived and what was around them, I dont know and of the circumstances first hand.  Its like asking what would you do if you won the lottery, you cant truthfully say until that happens. So therfore im not going to sit here and tell you how i would get out because i dont honestly know. I do know that I would have found a way. Its hard for me to remember that not everyone is like me and I apologize for being so tough on them.

All I ask you is that you put yourself in those peoples situation. Even if you could have a evacuated, who's to say you would have had shelter to ride the storm out in once you did leave. Alot of those peoples families were right there w/ them. They didn't have family 200miles away to stay w/. Some of those people have never been out of Lousiana or even New Orleans for that matter. Unless given assistance, the only shelter they had is now filled w/ water.

I hope this brings us all closer together as AMERICANS. Not race, poitical class, financial class, bike type (YFZ450 rulez), etc... Unfortunate thing about it... It'll never be that way Cry.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 03:17:36 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2005, 03:52:56 PM »

You are absolutely right its easy for me to say that. I cant tell you how because i dont know how they lived and what was around them, I dont know and of the circumstances first hand.  Its like asking what would you do if you won the lottery, you cant truthfully say until that happens. So therfore im not going to sit here and tell you how i would get out because i dont honestly know. I do know that I would have found a way. Its hard for me to remember that not everyone is like me and I apologize for being so tough on them.

All I ask you is that you put yourself in those peoples situation. Even if you could have a evacuated, who's to say you would have had shelter to ride the storm out in once you did leave. Alot of those peoples families were right there w/ them. They didn't have family 200miles away to stay w/. Some of those people have never been out of Lousiana or even New Orleans for that matter. Unless given assistance, the only shelter they had is now filled w/ water.

I hope this brings us all closer together as AMERICANS. Not race, poitical class, financial class, bike type (YFZ450 rulez), etc... Unfortunate thing about it... It'll never be that way Cry.

Agreed........... Except for the YZF450 rulez comment  Smiley

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2005, 03:58:22 PM »

I wish it would also, some people are just too hard headed. I know i can be quite often on my opinions.

Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »

I told my wife before the storm hit that they should be evacuating everyone out of there using City and State buses.  They announced a mandatory evacuation so the local government should have been assisting in the evacuation process.  They knew the surge would go over the Levee's and that they could possibly fail.  The President as (Chief and Commander) has the power during a state of emergency to override anything the local government desides on.  I wish he or someone would have made the desicion to get everyone out of there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com