Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just when you thought it was President Bushs' Fault for KATRINA Damage  (Read 12440 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: September 12, 2005, 06:35:15 PM »

This goes Hand in Hand with Cain73's post about the truth of New Orleans. as time marches on the Truth will be revealed. sorry it is also long.
A SAD STATE OF CORRUPT LOCAL GOVERNMENT LOOKING FOR A HAND OUT.

Politics over duty

This is a post from a fellow over in Merritt Is, FL, a reporter who's been researching what went on before the storm hit

I think all of Nagin's pomp and posturing is going to bite him hard in the near future as the lies and distortions of his interviews are coming to light.

On Friday night before the storm hit Max Mayfield of the National Hurricane Center took the unprecedented action of calling Nagin and Blanco personally to plead with them to begin MANDATORY evacuation of New Orleans and they said they'd take it under consideration. This was after the NOAA buoy 240 miles south had recorded 68' waves before it was destroyed.

President Bush spent Friday afternoon and evening in meetings with his advisors and administrators drafting all of the paperwork required for a state to request federal assistance (and not be in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act or having to enact the Insurgency Act).

Just before midnight Friday evening the President called Governor Blanco and pleaded with her to sign the request papers so the federal government and the military could legally begin mobilization and call up.

He was told that they didn't think it necessary for the federal government to be involved yet. After the President's final call to the governor she held meetings with her staff to discuss the political ramifications of bringing federal forces. It was decided that if they allowed federal assistance it would make it look as if they had failed so it was agreed upon that the feds would not be invited in.

Saturday before the storm hit the President again called Blanco and Nagin requesting they please sign the papers requesting federal assistance, that they declare the state an emergency area, and begin mandatory evacuation.

After a personal plea from the President, Mayor Nagin agreed to order an evacuation, but it would not be a full mandatory evacuation, and the governor still refused to sign the papers requesting and authorizing federal action.

In frustration the President declared the area a national disaster area before the state of Louisiana did so he could legally begin some advanced preparations. Rumor has it that the President's legal advisers were looking into the ramifications of using the insurgency act to bypass the Constitutional requirement that a state request federal aid before the federal government can move into state with troops - but that had not been done since 1906 and the Constitutionality of it was called into question to use before the disaster.

Throw in that over half the federal aid of the past decade to New Orleans for levee construction, maintenance, and repair was diverted to fund a marina and support the gambling ships.

Toss in the investigation that will look into why the emergency preparedness plan submitted to the federal government for funding and published on the city's website was never implemented and in fact may have been bogus for the purpose of gaining additional federal funding as we now learn that the organizations identified in the plan were never contacted or coordinating into any planning - though the document implies that they were.

The suffering people of New Orleans need to be asking some hard questions as do we all, but they better start with why Blanco refused to even sign the multi-state mutual aid pack activation documents until Wednesday which further delayed the legal deployment of National Guard from adjoining states.

Or maybe ask why Nagin keeps harping that the President should have commandeered 500 Greyhound busses to help him when according to his own emergency plan and documents he claimed to have over 500 busses at his disposal to use between the local school busses and the city transportation busses - but he never raised a finger to prepare them or activate them.

This is a sad time for all of us to see that a major city has all but been destroyed and thousands of people have died with hundreds of thousands more suffering, but it's certainly not a time for people to be pointing fingers and trying to find a bigger dog to blame for local corruption and incompetence. Pray to God for the survivors that they can start their lives anew as fast as possible and we learn from all the mistakes to avoid them in the future.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 06:38:08 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »

VERY INTERESTING, Thank's for sharing it

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 08:15:36 PM »

i heard the same thing!  bush called her and she denied, she said she would call for help when SHE thought it was needed.  she kept everyone out!  red cross said they had MANY trucks lined up and ready to go but was not let in due to the governor's decision.  national guard wasnt let in either!  that b**ch

AND THEY BLAMED IT ON BUSH!

rl.
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:01:45 PM »

It's a horrible tragedy that an obvious natural disaster was confounded by ego and refusal to accept help from the President. And further the outrageous actions of those that lived through it by turning the place into a horror scene from a post apocalyptic movie where anarchy reigns. And then for a few loudmouths to scream racism and blame the entire thing on our President that has only acted in the  best interests of those impacted by the devastation.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 09:39:26 PM »

Bush will still get blamed for it. Trust me.

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:57:47 PM »

Very interesting indeed.  Doesn't matter what the truth is anymore, by the time the politicians, the talking heads and the spin doctors get done, they will find some way to blame those blasted outlaw ATV riders for contributing to the ozone depletion by destroying the forest and animals by all the toxic waste spewed out on the wetlands, blah, blah.  Yep, it was the ATV's fault for the 'cane, guilty by association  Evil

You think that 1 natural disaster did more damage than a billion ATV's could ever do?  Yep, that's Bush's fault too  Grin  Just human nature to want to blame someone.  Eve blamed the snake, Adam blamed Eve, and so it goes.... 

I need to go ride  Grin Grin

Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »

Just wait for another cane rolls in and they're left homeless, then Bush will get blamed for not acting quick enough. Sad enough to say, but it's hurricane season.
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 10:21:11 PM »

I just hope that Bush maintains his strong character and convictions.Standing by what he believes in his heart to be the right thing and NOT start telling people what they want to hear. The head of FEMA was a tatal scape-goat. He may have been slightly under qualified for this tragity but other then Gen Swartzkoff is there anyone thats really ready for something like this. Nobody to this day has ever needed to prepare for something like this within our boarders,nor could they. I 100% believe Nagin and Blundering Blanco are to blame and should be strung out to dry.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Ole Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 05:27:40 AM »

God save us from the HILDABEAST

2005 Polaris 500HO

The important Suff is what you learn AFTER you know it all !!!!!    I knew it all when I was 50
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 06:49:07 AM »

I hope that the post is true, and that it is revealed to be so, but I have to stick by my guns and ask for verification on things like this.

"Trust but verify"

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 07:44:41 AM »

I'm with Ida on this one---

But I do love that last paragraph-"it's not a time for people to be pointing fingers....."

I'm pretty sure that's what is being done in this article though.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »

God save us from the HILDABEAST
so true
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 10:12:58 AM »

I just hope that Bush maintains his strong character and convictions.Standing by what he believes in his heart to be the right thing and NOT start telling people what they want to hear.

I would have to disagree. I have been seeing Bush throwing money at the problem, showing up to more photo opts in New Orleans and having his FEMA director Brown resign. To me this is not a sign of strong character, but of desperation to keep his approval rating higher than 38% and his 55% dissaproval rating lower. He has been on the offensive ever since people on both sides of the party lines are attacking his response to the tragedy. The Administration is as they say in the News "Trying to stay ahead of the story".

To be fair Bush has been doing a better job, but it's a scary thought to think this could happen again. Hopefully future Presidents don't make this mistake.

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 10:25:47 AM »

I just hope that Bush maintains his strong character and convictions.Standing by what he believes in his heart to be the right thing and NOT start telling people what they want to hear.

I would have to disagree. I have been seeing Bush throwing money at the problem, showing up to more photo opts in New Orleans and having his FEMA director Brown resign. To me this is not a sign of strong character, but of desperation to keep his approval rating higher than 38% and his 55% dissaproval rating lower. He has been on the offensive ever since people on both sides of the party lines are attacking his response to the tragedy. The Administration is as they say in the News "Trying to stay ahead of the story".

To be fair Bush has been doing a better job, but it's a scary thought to think this could happen again. Hopefully future Presidents don't make this mistake.
WHAT MISTAKE DID BUSH MAKE. HE DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY BEFORE THE STORM HIT. THIS IS NOT BUSH'S FAULT, HE DID WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE AND THEN SOME. I BELIEVE HE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT WAS REQUIRED OF HIM.  LIBERALS NEED TO GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR RECTUMS AND UNDERSTAND HOW THIS COUNTRY OPERATES UNDER OUR CONSTITUION. UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PLEASE QUIT REPLYING WITH THESE IGNORANT COMMENTS, IT ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID. Bang Head  Bang Head  Bang Head  Bang Head  Bang Head

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 10:31:19 AM »

Louisiana prides themselves on being Hurricane “Survivors”. It is part of there culture and way of life. Just think… They invented hurricane party’s hurricane drinks and anything else having to do with a hurricane. I work with a guy whose 87 year old father only took a change of clothes and a 1 day supply of medication. They where warned long before this hurricane left Florida. I heard Jeb loud and clear.. “Louisiana must begin preparations for hurricane Katrina!” The one that stayed behind said “Ohh somebody will help me” or “That hurricane is not that bad” and last but not least “I have lived threw hurricanes all my life and they are no big deal.”

ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 10:36:19 AM »

ignorance has shown it's little head again
It's a horrible tragedy that an obvious natural disaster was confounded by ego and refusal to accept help from the President. And further the outrageous actions of those that lived through it by turning the place into a horror scene from a post apocalyptic movie where anarchy reigns. And then for a few loudmouths to scream racism and blame the entire thing on our President that has only acted in the best interests of those impacted by the devastation.
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 10:37:35 AM »

And to clarify my previous post, It would not surprise that the Governor of Louisiana would pass up all of the opportunities for help. In my opinion “NOBODY” from Louisiana takes hurricanes seriously.

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 10:39:33 AM »

I completely agree Pruelogic but for them to blame the president just drives me crazy.

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 10:42:29 AM »

WHAT MISTAKE DID BUSH MAKE.

Well I can think of a mistake that he made... He stopped the funding for a project that probably would have saved the city of New Orleans from being flooded and saved lives as well. Those walls and pumps were supposed to be built (w/ more funding) to stop a Hurricane of category 5 magnitude. Bush cut that funding for more money for the project in Iraq thus those walls were only built for cat. 3 and smaller. This my friend, no matter what way you look at it, failed those people of New Orleans. I've always said, take care of your house b/f you take care of your neighbors home.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 10:44:57 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 10:45:10 AM »

WHAT MISTAKE DID BUSH MAKE. HE DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY BEFORE THE STORM HIT. THIS IS NOT BUSH'S FAULT, HE DID WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE AND THEN SOME. I BELIEVE HE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT WAS REQUIRED OF HIM.  LIBERALS NEED TO GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR RECTUMS AND UNDERSTAND HOW THIS COUNTRY OPERATES UNDER OUR CONSTITUION. UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PLEASE QUIT REPLYING WITH THESE IGNORANT COMMENTS, IT ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID. Bang Head  Bang Head  Bang Head  Bang Head  Bang Head

Try reading what I wrote again or the News. This has to do with both parties so you cannot blame it on Liberals only.

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 11:10:39 AM »

You are absolutely right i shouldnt have blamed just on the liberals. Bad habit of mine, sorry. But you said "Hopefully future Presidents don't make this mistake." The only mistake he has made is not standing up and telling them all to kiss his a$$. 

apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 11:13:45 AM »

The other mistake being the people he (Bush) appointed head of FEMA-very little/no experience for such a crucial positions.  Thank God it was a hurricane and not a massive terrorist attack.  God Bless those who lost their lives, and those who have to piece their life back together-but I believe our government and country will do everything necessary to correct the shortcomings and help the Gulf Coast with this tragedy-no matter what wing they are from.

That is it-the finger pointing could go on forever-in every political argument and that sucks-it's more finger pointing than accepting blame and coming up with the best solution to correct the problem or mistake!

Mark
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 11:58:33 AM »

You are absolutely right i shouldnt have blamed just on the liberals. Bad habit of mine, sorry. But you said "Hopefully future Presidents don't make this mistake." The only mistake he has made is not standing up and telling them all to kiss his a$$. 

Time will show us who made the mistakes, but until then we can just sit back and enjoy the Blame Game.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 12:02:39 PM »

And to think the lefties would elect a woman...errr Hillary for our President. Roll Eyes God help us. That woman on Louisiana should be immediately impeached & the mayor brought up on charges.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 01:33:25 PM »

Bush sent plenty of money to the region for walls to be built, most of that money was diverted to build more casinos and tourist areas. It is the State and Parishes and City's fault for not following through with the construction of the wall. Also, how do you expect the head of FEMA to have experience in this?? There has never been such a hurricane to hit us so he could have no training. Also Bush was trying to protect the country from more terroist attacks to shutup the democrats that blamed him for that too. Noone expected a hurricane like this to hit, NOONE is to blame for this. If you want to blame someone, blame the people that stayed, what idiot stays in the path of a F3 Tornado thats 400miles wide and will be on top of you for 24hours? Most people would run from an F1 tornado, but this hurricane was as powerful as an F3 and they stayed, they are the idiots that had a week to walk their lazy butts down the highway and get to saftey. In a week I could have walked well out of the path of danger. Instead they just sit there and say the gov't didnt get them out.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com