Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Group Ride in ONF for Juggalo_Warrior  (Read 46364 times)
qt314nfla

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2005, 04:11:07 PM »

Qt314:

If you dont have it done by that saturday you can bring it by my house and we will help you get it done. We will be putting a new axle in my friends quad so we are going to be in the garage that day and we would be glad to help.

I will see what I can do but I may very well take you up on that offer if it's not ready by then. 

By the way thanks to everyone for offering to help me get my quad ready for this ride.  You all are so great and can't imagine how good it makes me feel to know y'all are there.  Thanks!
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2005, 10:05:30 PM »

Yeah, I second that. One big dysfunctional family!  3 Stooges

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2005, 11:39:05 PM »

how many Women and Children are planning on attending.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2005, 12:16:15 AM »

I think im gonna try to make this one, my plans collided with the eureka 2 ride so this is my best bet. I look forward to riding with yall.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
z400stunter

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2005, 08:00:46 AM »

Juggalo, I wanted to leave early Sat. and ride the rest of the day.  What time were you planning on heading up that way?

JUMP IT!
qt314nfla

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2005, 11:47:27 AM »

Ok, why the women and children question?  I know alot of the women and children don't ride very fast.  I'm not one of them.  Ask anyone I've rode w/.  In the riding category classify me as a guy.  Other than that I'm all chick.

Looks like I'll be there.  Still haven't got the details worked out on fixing my quad at home.  I'll likely take it to IT200's so I can make this trip.
OIF_Warrior

Location: Germany (U.S. Army) moving to Fayetteville,NC in March

DON'T TALK ABOUT IT BE ABOUT IT!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »

Hey z400, we were planning on leaving about 8 and my parentts just informed me they made reservations at the hampton inn in camp dora just up the road. I knew they couldn't handle roughin it for one night and imagine, I slept in a tent with 10 other guys for a whole year in the middle of the dessert. I guess in some ways the apple does fall far from the tree. let me know if you want to caravan.

A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior
FloridaATVs-com

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2005, 12:43:16 AM »

Can someone post directions? Also, if anyone needs a ride or a bike hauled from Brooksvile area, I have room for 2 bike on my trailer. Never been to BS.

FloridaATVs-com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2005, 12:45:11 AM »

Also, post some good spots to camp.

IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2005, 01:05:19 AM »

Can someone post directions? Also, if anyone needs a ride or a bike hauled from Brooksvile area, I have room for 2 bike on my trailer. Never been to BS.

Go to www.mapquest.com and put in Altoona FL as your destination that will get you to the intersection of hwy 42 and hwy 19 from there go north approx 5.5 miles to nfs 573 turn left go 7 miles to Big Scrub campground its a good place to camp. For the ride come back out nfs 573 turn south on hwy 19 go about half a mile and turn left on hwy 445 go about two miles to the power lines

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2005, 10:32:26 AM »

there are directions to get to big scrub here:
http://www.atvflorida.com/ocala.shtml

05 450r #13B
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2005, 11:27:10 PM »

Ok, why the women and children question?  I know alot of the women and children don't ride very fast.  I'm not one of them.  Ask anyone I've rode w/.  In the riding category classify me as a guy.  Other than that I'm all chick.

Looks like I'll be there.  Still haven't got the details worked out on fixing my quad at home.  I'll likely take it to IT200's so I can make this trip.

Well I was planning on Bringing My Wife and Kids and have them ride with the other woman and children. I hate to have to leave them behind
FloridaATVs-com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2005, 10:57:45 PM »

I am definately coming. I plan on bringing a couple of bikes that I have not titled yet. Are there restrictions in ONF like Croom? Also, those going to camp.... Where are you all going? I would like to camp in the same campground. If anyone needs a bike hauled from the Tampa/Brooksville area... I have room for 2 more bikes.

IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2005, 11:08:55 PM »

I am definately coming. I plan on bringing a couple of bikes that I have not titled yet. Are there restrictions in ONF like Croom? Also, those going to camp.... Where are you all going? I would like to camp in the same campground. If anyone needs a bike hauled from the Tampa/Brooksville area... I have room for 2 more bikes.

Your more than welcome to camp in our yard. We live right in the forest. We have water and electricity back there and a bathroom with a door to the outside.

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2005, 11:10:39 PM »

Well I was planning on Bringing My Wife and Kids and have them ride with the other woman and children. I hate to have to leave them behind

Bring them Chuck I'm sure we can make accomadations for them.

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2005, 02:44:54 AM »

I'm coming from Naples and camping.  I figure I'm just gonna go with the flow. I see you are from Brooksville, did you want to meet up on the way up there?  I've never been there and would like to follow someone.

JUMP IT!
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2005, 12:32:46 AM »

well turns out ill be coming up with suzie and bill (thanks a million) and this will be my second ride so hope to see you all out there. we should make a club for us noobs you know like anyonge with under 5 rides under your belt.

z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2005, 08:23:57 AM »

Well this will be my first ride with anyone from the site.  Maybe we should lead the pack.  I'm trying to get a few of my friends to come up with me but they have to try and get off work.  That'd be great if we can camp in someones backyard.  I'm gonna be camping in my truck since I just bought a tent for the bed of it.  Maybe we can exchange phone #'s later in the week to get a little more organized.  I'm not sure how to get there yet.

JUMP IT!
OIF_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2005, 11:14:19 AM »

Hey z400 (and anyone else in naples area), When I get in town on friday I will post on here and if you want to give me your number I will call you and we will try to set up for leaving saturday at the same time and caravanning unless you were planning on leaving earlier than 8 cause thats about the time I think we were planning on leaving. I was just going to be doing some easy riding Saturday cause it will be the first time i've riden my new quad (ever)! and my first time back on a quad in about ten years.

z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2005, 01:08:08 PM »

What kinda bike did you get?  I'm really excited about this trip.  I need to get out of boring old Naples.  I dunno if I'm going to be roughing it cuz I'm bringing my 9" tv and playstation.  I can't get enough of Madden 06. I bought a tent that sets up in the back of my truck just for this trip.  Hopefully we can all caravan up there and have an awesome time.

JUMP IT!
qt314nfla

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2005, 01:41:27 PM »

I'm coming from Sarasota.  All you guys down south will be coming up I75 and pass by me.  So if any of you are going to stay at IT200's maybe we could hook up.  I wish I could share the ride and gas but no one from here is going on this ride.  So I'm headed up solo.

IT200 I'll be staying at your place.  Thanks for the invite.  I'll probably need some help fixing my brakes, cleaning carb, and air filter.  Not sure what I need to do this so any suggestions would be great so I can go pick the stuff up.  When's everyone heading up there?  Friday or Saturday?
OIF_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »

I'm heading up saturday morning (about 8:00) to get a little bit of riding in during the afternoon. I'm going to go to the same spot that we are meeting at on sunday. I will have my parents with me on saturday to let them piddle around on it.

Hey z, It's a 96 warrior. It's just still new to me cause I haven't been home to ride it since I bought it. I'll pm ya on friday to try and set up the time on saturday to leave. My parents made reservations at the hampton inn in camp dora though so no camping for me. I'll get enough in the dessert during the upcoming year though so sleeping in A/C will be nice.

z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2005, 02:26:12 PM »

I plan on camping in IT's yard if thats cool with him.  As the week goes on we'll have to all exchange #'s and let you know when we leave.  What exit are you at Qt?  Also do you have a trailer that would fit 2 bikes?  If so I am willing to pick you up on the way. I dont think any of my friends are coming with me. Just let me know.   I'm getting more and more excited as the hours go by.  I'm ready to meet some of the fine folks off this website and see the famous ONF.

JUMP IT!
IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2005, 03:02:28 PM »

I'm coming from Sarasota.  All you guys down south will be coming up I75 and pass by me.  So if any of you are going to stay at IT200's maybe we could hook up.  I wish I could share the ride and gas but no one from here is going on this ride.  So I'm headed up solo.

IT200 I'll be staying at your place.  Thanks for the invite.  I'll probably need some help fixing my brakes, cleaning carb, and air filter.  Not sure what I need to do this so any suggestions would be great so I can go pick the stuff up.  When's everyone heading up there?  Friday or Saturday?

You will probably need to pick up a set of brake pads for the rear. The rear pads usally wear out first. But if you want to replace them all it should only be about 50 bucks for aftermarket pads. And get a can of spray carb cleaner.

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
qt314nfla

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2005, 03:28:09 PM »

You will probably need to pick up a set of brake pads for the rear. The rear pads usally wear out first. But if you want to replace them all it should only be about 50 bucks for aftermarket pads. And get a can of spray carb cleaner.

I already have the brakes for the bike.  I keep a spare on hand.  I need to know what type of spray/oil for my K&N filter.  Also, where to buy the carb cleaner?  Do you think I need an oil filter and oil change too?  All I know is this thing is running very very sluggish.  It's not responding to much and the top end power is gone.  So I don't even think it'll do 35.  It will normally run 55 and has lots of top end torque.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com