Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Croom Thread  (Read 344876 times)
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 04:30:25 PM »

Yeah. I'll start a thread about it soon. I don't have a lot coordinates for that area so you guys will have to post them all and I'll add it to the map.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 07:40:30 PM »

sweet map thank you!!! Grin

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
florida gator

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 08:50:01 AM »

Whats that track to the East of croom? Or at least on the left hand side while looking at it.

Private race track. I have raced and flagged there many years ago.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 10:53:30 PM »

kool i was there yesterday

HONDA CRF450R
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2005, 09:01:14 AM »

Thanks thats soo cool!!!!

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2005, 05:57:04 PM »

Thanks!!!!

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Numkut

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 11:20:24 PM »

We should Really get that Ocala Thread going, it should be a sticky where you can only post if you are posting coordianates so it doesn't get all congested.

scrambledeggs

Rise and Shine!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 11:12:57 AM »

Hey I plugged all the coordinates into Mapsource and saved it. If you have a garmin GPS and Mapsourse this will save you alot of work. PM me and I will get it to you. Thanks Mr. Bones. I am going to Croom for the first time in 10 years and this is going to be nice to have.
Numkut

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »

I've got the 99 dallor Garmin GPS I beleive, what exactly is mapsource? I'm not at home right now so I'm not for sure but I think it is an eTrex or something like that.

Lanky

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 03:14:33 AM »

All I have to say is thank you. I've been going to Croom for a solid ten years now and back then,"you just had to know where you were" remember? It would be getting late and you wanted to go....and you'd be lost. Remember this was before GPS and we would try to find the Hollywood hills track and it was hit or miss. When I finally found that one way to simple black and white xerox map which didn't tell much. Finally a few years back the first sattelite maps came out and with my friends GPS info which he would scribble down at the craziest times, we tried to do what you've done here. I actually looked at croom on google earth and it was hard to tell what was what but finally, it's here for public consumption. I love Croom. Sometimes, I'll stop and marvel at the beauty of the place. I always see something new. With this map I'll find even more. God, I love this place. Thanks bro, well done. Lanky.

BTW I'll be there this week for new years. Let's hope the firework crowd doesn't keep us up all night. The ranger is telling folks that the ATF will be out with night vision goggles so they mean business and will be pulling passes.
wolv350

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

I know might sound kind of dumb but i've searched the site about croom and i just want to know what it is like.  Does it have trails you have to stay on? Or are you free to go where ever. (as long as its not the campground and roads)    Are there speed limits? Are you aloud to ride with a passenger?  Since the yucapan is on lock down I was curious about croom. Thanks!
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2006, 03:22:05 PM »

you can ride where ever you want and theres no speed limit?!  but they dont allow riding passenger

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2006, 03:36:16 PM »

There's a 10 mph limit in camping and parking areas. Majority of the main access road is for cars/trucks only. Helmets required. Like he said, no two up riding.

All other areas are ride at your own risk. Be especially careful on weekends and holidays due to the crowds and watch for other riders at all times.

dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »

Mr bones any updates on the Ocala map?

Lanky

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 11:33:40 PM »

Well, it was a good new years and just as it has been before, the guys with the acetylene in the hefty bags were tossing them in the fire keeping us up all night. I can't believe the idiots lighting fireworks IN A PINE FOREST and not setting it on fire. If that wasn't bad enough, some dumb a@$ LOCKED THE RANGER'S TRUCK IN around midnight and then the ranger decided to shoot a couple of clips at the lock fifty feet from my five year old kid!!!!!
 I know this is an atv website but safety doesn't stop at the trails end. We need to be good to the forest and be fire safe people. I can't believe the ranger. He needs bolt cutters, not bullets.
Anyhow, the next day I was flying up the sand hill on my friends raptor 700 and clipped a root and bounced off a tree. I bent the handelbars with my head (seven stiches) blew out my knee, and tore my rotator cuff when I was thrown nearly twenty feet. I spent five hours in the Brooksvill ER (thanks guys) and I'm going into surgery tomorrow. I wish I had ridden the Banshee instead. Oh well. All in all I love this place but the woop de doos are too much. I want to get a small cat and bulldoze the woops on one side of the peremiter roads so I can open up in pure flats. Peace out "yall, Lanky.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 09:22:54 AM »

Two weeks ago i went download google earth on my dad's pc
I was looking at my old house down south in hollywood fl
off  sw 32nd ct it's in lake forest area and with pool in my backyard
I can still see it on there.Plus I was looking all areas in port st joe
and carribelle and some of islands i have been.It was so cool
I saw glamis dunes on there. Smiley Wink Cool

But it's very good tool and I know terra server shows old
areas photograths on places here in mcalpin. Cool

But I did enjoy google earth it's worth download
and copy it to cd-r..  Smiley

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
winger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2006, 01:40:18 AM »

Just want to thank you for this thread. I went to Croom, for first time, a few weeks ago. I was alone and surprised at the size of the place. I decided to buy a GPS and will use it, along with the info. from the map, the next time I go. I'm sure it will make my next ride a better experience. Maybe it will help me keep the wheels pointing down instead of up. Smiley
Vumad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2006, 11:58:05 PM »

Like all laws, they are there because someone did something stupid. Croom use to be 100% open with the exception of the main road that runs along the side of I75. The bikes use to run down the roads by the back parking doing about 60mph. They crossed anywhere they felt like as fast as they wanted too. One day, a girl ran her dirt bike into a car. That girl died.

Croom added restrictions on where you can cross the road and they will give you speeding tickets for riding wrecklessly on those roads. The rest of Croom is still open like it has always been. The restriction only apply to the roads and they should, it's too bad a girl had to die before they realized that w/o restrictions people would get hurt.

The restrictions are only applied to the one road that cars are allowed on. The road that follows along side I75, it then turns west and goes directly across to the camp ground. That is hardly restricted riding.

The park is fun and it is worth the money.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »

can anyone get me some gps coordinates 4 some of these spots please im goin up this weekend and would like to have some at least before i go up on spring break again

thanks

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »

If you download and install Google Earth, then use the .kml file I created, it will give all the GPS coordinates to you. The links are in the first post.

kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »

i have google earth but what is the kml file?

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:28 PM »

That is the file with all the map locations that are seen in the first post. You have to load it in Google Earth.

kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »

o ok i alreadty did that a long time ago... but where on google earth am i going to find the gps corrdinates
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 06:57:57 PM by kfx400rob » Logged

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2006, 10:32:22 AM »

ssooo aaa im goin up again in a week or so sooo how bout them gps coordinates?

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2006, 11:17:15 AM »

yyyea goin up tomar... how bout them gps coordinates, im begining to wonder if these spots exist... Undecided

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com