Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West Lake city FL area  (Read 5424 times)
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2005, 09:29:19 PM »

I was working take down this barn shed over week so far.But I have seen atvs riding every day  from around 5pm or 6pm during mid early evening hours. Drive on hwy 90 So go to ssstore  and head north  on turner rd and ride all way to dead end I think thats where they are  at or riding over near railroad.So go stop by near nw ash st and park on side of road and then watch atvs ride by you might find out where they are riding at.people please ride on side of roads not on pavedment I have see alot of them riding on payment.This might be a sercet riding area in lake city.It seems odd I have seen 6 atvs every weekend and weekdays at same time during early late evening hours.

I'm doing tear down project on barn shed thats how i know been looking alot atvs riding down road they must be riding at spot on dead end sign or on railroad tracks. Dunno

So find out if it's a sercet riding spot. Smiley

thanks,
amhighlander

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 10:21:23 PM »

(bump) Smiley

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 12:00:05 AM »

If you're watching them go past, why don't you flag one down, and ask them nicely where they ride?  Dunno  Maybe they'll invite you or tell you. Then you could tell us!

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 04:31:52 AM »

I think I know this place. Not sure as to how to get there though. We went riding out there one day but we came in the back way. It was the first time that we went out there and he had heard of the place. It had a lot of trash, kinda like a dumping ground. It was not a very big place and we spoke with some people that said that someone had gotten hurt out there and that the cops was running people out of there. Did not see anyone out there but when we were leaving we saw a few people just riding down from there on some back dirt roads and spoke with them. Not a place to plan a ride. We did not stay just about an 30 minutes and rode it all.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 08:01:58 PM »

It  must been you with the z400 with white black color and I was there 2days ago if was you maybe it was somebody with their own atv.

I just got done with tearing shed over there i was there before around 8clock hour and I have  seen  kids riding with atvs over there and mothers and fathers too.I wish they had new riding place for them near that area.Well I know places in mcalpin area they have tons of riding dirt roads over here sometimes in middle nowhere.I'm over by hughes rd and 164st and just go look over that near that area.theses areas are too far from cops they like hang around live oak bradford area on us129 routes and I  have some friends come for tampa and riding around on atvs on holidays weekends thats the only time they ride.Well i use to rode go karts  while back when i move here back in 1998.I have alot nice people live here and they don't complain on my atv buddies here plus it's middle nowhere  they have there own backyard track and they ride down on dirt roads too.It's only 9miles south live oak area.But alot riding areas here you have to find them in right places in middle nowhere.

You should look area photgrapa maps on terrserver and look at dirt roads you can ride on alot of dirts roads you see in some of
photos and alot people in over suwwnnee county
they like ride horses on dirt roads once great while
so beware of horse crossing signs.So have plan if going
trailrides and plan what route you have go to. Smiley

thanks, 8
amhighlander Cool
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 08:13:55 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 12:55:10 AM »

It  must been you with the z400 with white black color and I was there 2days ago if was you maybe it was somebody with their own atv.

I just got done with tearing shed over there i was there before around 8clock hour and I have  seen  kids riding with atvs over there and mothers and fathers too.I wish they had new riding place for them near that area.Well I know places in mcalpin area they have tons of riding dirt roads over here sometimes in middle nowhere.I'm over by hughes rd and 164st and just go look over that near that area.theses areas are too far from cops they like hang around live oak bradford area on us129 routes and I  have some friends come for tampa and riding around on atvs on holidays weekends thats the only time they ride.Well i use to rode go karts  while back when i move here back in 1998.I have alot nice people live here and they don't complain on my atv buddies here plus it's middle nowhere  they have there own backyard track and they ride down on dirt roads too.It's only 9miles south live oak area.But alot riding areas here you have to find them in right places in middle nowhere.

You should look area photgrapa maps on terrserver and look at dirt roads you can ride on alot of dirts roads you see in some of
photos and alot people in over suwwnnee county
they like ride horses on dirt roads once great while
so beware of horse crossing signs.So have plan if going
trailrides and plan what route you have go to. Smiley

thanks, 8
amhighlander Cool

So you are saying it's OK to break the law, put yourself in danger and ride on roads? Grind Grind Grind Foot in Mouth Foot in Mouth Foot in Mouth

I THINK that's what you're saying, because I can only understand about 1/3 of what you write.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 08:32:09 AM »

Nope, that was not me. Its been over 6 months ago since we went out there and that was the only time that I have been there.

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 06:33:23 PM »

I just saw people riding around that area every evening.Maybe they don't have any better to do their selfs.Thats in lake city.Their is nothing wrong riding on fire lanes and rideways  on side off roads in east of tayorville i have seen alot old folks and mid folks doing it.Riding atvs. Smiley

remmy

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 05:40:18 PM »

I have seen the same thing.  Although, I have no idea where they are riding.  Really, I have no idea of where to ride in Lake City except for the forest.

06  450ER
DG Front Bumper
DG Nerf Bars w/Heel Guards
Pro Design K&N w/outerwears
Opened up the air box
HMF Adjustable Needle - 3rd Clip
Aftermarket endcap
165 MJ - A/F - 2 turns out
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 08:29:23 PM »

Don't encourage him.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 10:05:52 AM »

Why don't one of you stop one of them and ask them where they ride and if its legal. They may be just looking for more riding partners.

GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

If you're watching them go past, why don't you flag one down, and ask them nicely where they ride?  Dunno  Maybe they'll invite you or tell you. Then you could tell us!

Yunt-
I suggested that in August!!  Dunno

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
remmy

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 12:06:06 PM »

Found out there are some clay pits back in that area.  I have a couple buddies that live back there - they are going to show me exactly where this place is.

Just a little hesitant to put the R in clay.

06  450ER
DG Front Bumper
DG Nerf Bars w/Heel Guards
Pro Design K&N w/outerwears
Opened up the air box
HMF Adjustable Needle - 3rd Clip
Aftermarket endcap
165 MJ - A/F - 2 turns out
PredaGator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 12:52:26 AM »

be careful if you are riding alongside 441 in the ditches. we have been stopped and warned by FHP. We also got stopped and warned by Columbia County sherriff deputy while riding on Bible Camp road,near the river. I heard recently that if you get caught riding on Bible Camp road that you can be fined $500.00 but I don't know if that is true.

2005 Polaris Predator
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 11:07:15 AM »

I was also stopped by the FLHP while my entire family was riding our ATV's home from the river. We were well of the side of the road and on the other side of the walking/bike path. We were told we were still on State right of way and that we had to be on the other side of the power lines to ride. Well the other side of the power lines is owned by the power co. and posted no tresspassing and is not cleared so you can't ride that way either. Now the Itchtuknee river has bee fenced off completely and you can't go there to swim, fish, or picnic unless you tresspass.

It is getting harder to find places to ride.

Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
ironside

ignorance is a bad thing!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 12:09:47 PM »

The place in Lake City some is talking about is located in the woods along the railroad track. Park your vehicle next to the railroad track and follow the track west. You will find some trails on the south side of the track about 1/4 to 1/2 mile. I can't remember exactly how far it is. It's something different but nothing to write home about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com