Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pricing Help  (Read 3968 times)
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2005, 04:29:31 PM »

What do yall think i should charge for the work i do in photoshop? Each one takes like 45 mins-60 mins and some are more complex than others and some take longer.  :-/ People say i should charge so id like come opinions please.

Thanks in advance,
    Curtis aKa LakeMaryKid

EDIT: SAMPLE PIECES
1)
2)

3)
4)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 05:00:35 PM by lakemarykid » Logged

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 04:48:27 PM »

A dime Cheesy
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 04:58:24 PM »

WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOUR TIME IS WORTH? HORSE TRADE FOR OTHER SERVICES THAT YOU NEED ALSO
qt314nfla

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 05:04:12 PM »

LMK is too young to get a regular job.  So rather than complaining about not having money to fix his quad he's found a way to try to earn it.  I think he should be commended for his efforts.  The rest of us seem to have the ability to pay for his work if we want his product.  I think he's come up w/ a really creative way to solve his problem.  The least we can do is support his efforts.  I've spent alot of time working on projects on the computer and know the time and effort that goes into making these things.  They are worth something.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 05:06:02 PM by qt314nfla » Logged
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 06:09:44 PM »

LMK if you really want some money. I got some homework that needs to be done
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 06:13:19 PM »

charging. Huh why sure they look great but why would you bother charging. im sure no one will buy them for more than a dollar. :-/

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
qt314nfla

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 06:23:15 PM »

yeah, but did you notice that he's trying to find out if anyone would be willing to pay.  if not then he won't do them.  i mean it takes him an hour or so to do.  would you be willing to work for a buck an hour?  i don't think he's asking for too much.  in fact he hasn't even put a price on them yet.  he's finding out what ppl would be willing to pay.  i think for the work involved they are worth 15/each.  what you think is important so he knows if he should do them or not.
alex_trxer

just add dirt!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 06:30:07 PM »

curtis seeing how good of a job on mine i say around 5-7 dollars.and did yall notice mine was first Huh  Grin but anyway yea 5-7dollars curtis you got to remeber photoshop is not free so um you got my oppion good luck curtis

getting them back
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 07:31:44 PM »

I have a recommendation:
everyone knows that you aren't able to get a "job" to earn your money, and from what I know the consencus at the site is that you are a good kid. Knowing this I recommend what we used to do where I worked - the teen boys there were trying to raise money for a field trip (they were in a group home type setting with no way of getting jobs) they washed cars of the staff members and asked for donations. some gave next to nothing, but others gave $25 a pop because they knew the kids and knew they were working to get their money to buy what they wanted. If you say $5 each I am guessing very few would cough up the dough to get it done (I could be wrong but...) on the other hand if you asked the people to pay what they felt it was worth you might be surprised. while some would give a buck, those that know you or know of you through the site might be willing to pay $5-$10 depending on the work you did. That way they would feel better about investing money in your labor. Don't try financing a house like this, but under teh circumstances I think it would work for you on this site. If someone that doesn't know you asked "how much" you could always tell them what others have "paid" for your skill and time. Just a suggestion.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 07:35:44 PM »

when i get my bikes runing and get sum pics of me and my bikes ridin then ill pay you like 5 to 10 $ for one

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
CAOSPOP

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »

Hey Lake i've never meyt you but I can relate buddy. Good work !!!!
Don't let that talent go to waste.

Make me one with UTES VINSONS,FOREMANS,660'S,ETC then lets talk about $$$. Good job keep up the good work. were proud of you kiddo.
dreth

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 07:59:23 PM »

well curtis has helped me witha few designs on various things and i always try to give him atleast 10 to 15 dollars worth of something in return, whether it be a shirt or a sticker or both! his time is worth something ! not many people would do this for free. its like developing a picture, thats not free! keep a positive attitude Curtis!
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 08:06:33 PM »

$15-20 bucks... work IS work...(coming from the multimedia guru)

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 08:09:16 PM »

hey lmk. let me get some more pics and i'll pay you for one. hell, i'll give ya $20.00 just for showing the effort of trying to earn a dollar.  its well deserved. great work.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 03:43:58 PM »

ok caospop i got r done! pm your email so i can send the full version. Grin
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 08:27:19 PM by lakemarykid » Logged

2003 KFX 400
2004 14' Mirrocraft
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 08:31:06 PM »

well here is Caospop's one. I put a lil more effort and time into making this one unique from the others and i enjoyed it! I love the end result! Hope you like it caospop!  Kiss

2003 KFX 400
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 04:56:21 AM »

I'd be willing to throw a $5 spot down, $10 if someone would get some good air with my quad and get a pic  Grin

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 05:18:01 AM »

I like the idea of naming your own price, as long as people keep in mind that normally this stuff isn't cheap. Have you ever looked into what private companies charge to create a banner? It can get expensive. $20 isn't bad at all, especially if you don't want to go through the time and hassle to make your own (They can be VERY time consuming). Also Curtis, the more unique designs you can come up with, the more people will pay. The ones you have posted all seem to be using the base format, you may want to display other styles to help raise the price of what people would be willing to pay.

Maybe try making your own website and putting a link in your signature and on other forums. This way you can display a lot more image styles. (I'll be glad to help... 3 yrs of web design classes under my belt)  Grin

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com