Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: toy hauler  (Read 15553 times)
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 10:52:27 PM »

Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
GATORSPORT

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 11:24:11 AM »

I sell the Scorpion and the advantages to a "Standard" toy hauler are: Compact, low profile while towing. Allows for a smaller tow vehicle. Price, new MSRP is 13,500. Compare that to a new TH at $30-50K. Outside storage, keeps the fuel and oil outside the living area so your not smelling it when sleeping.
Also, the material for the "tent" sections are made out of Sunbrella, this is the same as for boat bimini's and building awnings. Won't rot away like pop ups of old.
I have used it and it is great for weekend getaways. Wouldn't be good for traveling the country.
Just my .02
GATORSPORT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »

Almost forgot, it comes standard with potty, shower, sink, stove, refrigerator, microwave, hot water heater and heater. Yes, a/c and some other items are add-ons but that is alot for 13,500. Also, the rear deck is 8x12 large enough for 4 sport ATV's, and when unloaded becomes your patio. Then the front deck is 7x3 for coolers, generator, fuel cans and what not.
For 2006 they have come out with 2 additional models, both smaller than the original, so less money and even smaller tow vehicle.

Don't take me wrong, I just love this trailer. I am modifying one with a third axle and will be able to haul my buggy with me all in one package.
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2005, 09:21:13 PM »

So why are the dealers trying to get 17,500 for them with no room for neg..........

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
GATORSPORT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 12:42:23 PM »

Pends on the dealer: MSRP $13,500 + $2,000 accessories (fully loaded) + dealer prep ($300 - 500) + freight ($1,000) = $17,000
We are trying to keep the price right by waving the prep and freight charges. This was meant to be an "affordable" toy hauler.
I have used it many times and think it is perfect for the weekend getaway. Load up, head out, unload, ride and hang out. The "patio" keeps you high and dry, living area enough for sleep and potty (how much time do you really want to be inside) the rest of the time out riding.
Have also been told since it has bathroom, kitchen and sleeping quarter it qualifies as second home therefore tax deductable interest (if finacing).
Hope this helps
GATORSPORT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 01:05:10 PM »

FYI, new 2006 Scorpion:
MSRP $14,147 but now includes lp gas tank covers, spare tire cover, new 1 foot larger roadside bed, open front storage deck with tie downs, oven, inside sitting area, and grey color.
Options A/C, canopy, add-a-room, generator, deluxe spare tire, RVQ outside grill, and loading ramps.

Anyone with questions feel free to pm me.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 01:51:30 PM »

any pics.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 09:40:42 PM »

what does everyone think about this

I love that. I want one baaaaaad!
Kurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
GATORSPORT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 10:57:08 AM »

I have brochures for the new 2006 models but my scanner is down. I will try to get something posted.
02_Super_Tacoma

Finally! ATVFlorida.com I'm here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 10:18:59 PM »

Yes thats what we did , in 95 picked up the Pace American from Fitzgerald , Ga , brought it home and insulated it, kitchen area, tv, microwave, cabinets, fold down beds, pottie...............A/c and heat............ah yes our home away from home............

I just bought a 7x14 and I want to do the same.
Do you have more pics i'm looking for Ideas

Thanks, kevin

02 Supercharged Tacoma
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2005, 07:29:04 PM »

How many quads are you going to be running? Also what is your tow vehicle? I have a 20ft pace American Explorer and it already came outfitted with everything. I towed it with a 1500 Z-71 and shelled out the trany on my first trip to MS&G

« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 07:34:46 PM by PureLogic » Logged

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2005, 07:36:28 PM »

Here are some pictures of toilet and shower all in the same room

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2005, 07:38:31 PM »

The tv is now mounted in the left corner of the trailer on a space saver wall mount tv stand. 

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2005, 07:51:13 PM »

Yes thats what we did , in 95 picked up the Pace American from Fitzgerald , Ga , brought it home and insulated it, kitchen area, tv, microwave, cabinets, fold down beds, pottie...............A/c and heat............ah yes our home away from home............

Thanks, kevin

You having an 02 Tacoma will more than likely not be strong enough to safely  tow the trailer once you complete everything you want to do with it. I know Kawgirl has a 16 foot trailer and when she put her 2 quads a/c  and camping equipment her 1500 Z-71 would continually shift up and down at just 60 mph. My Chevrolet 1500 Z-71 did the same thing until the tranny  let go on the way to MS&G. Once again doing 60 MPH shifting up and down until I found a sweet speed to get it to stop shifting up and down. Swamprat Same thing bought himself a trailer. Trailer dealer told him that his F150 would tow the trailer just fine. He had a tow package and all of the bells and whistles. Same thing again 60 mph the tranny kept shifting up and down. Once you put everything in a trailer like this you really need a vehicle to safely tow it. I am not dogging your Tacoma but I speak from experience and every body else who has a toy hauler will say the same thing. If you are going to tow a big trailer. ( I think your 7x14 is pretty big) you need to step up the tow vehicle. Please don’t fall into the miss conception that dealers try to give there customers that there ½ tons are an acceptable tow vehicle for any tandem axle enclosed trailer because they are really not. A completely gutted shell trailer MAYBE but with cargo in it NO WAY!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 07:52:53 PM by PureLogic » Logged

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2005, 08:00:14 PM »

BY the way Kawgirl has a single rear wheel F-350 super duty 4DR 4X4 diesel. I have a F-350 dually 4DR 4X4 Diesel. And Swamprat upgraded his truck this week to a F-250 Ext cab 4X4 Diesel. I went to upgrade my truck literally the day after my truck shelled the transmission. The money I spent fixing the transmission and tow bill would have been a really nice down payment on a truck. I don’t know how long it took Kawgirl but I think Shortcut said by the 2nd or 3rd trip they upgraded. And Swamprat did 3 trips and he upgraded after his 3rd trip. And when I say trips probably nothing mare than 2 hours away .

02_Super_Tacoma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

very, very nice PureLogic, I just put cabinets and a countertop in mine today I'll post pics of the work in progress soon.

02 Supercharged Tacoma
02_Super_Tacoma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2005, 08:14:08 PM »

My tacoma is has a manual trans, a Supercharger (and some other goodies under the hood) so i'm not worried. I towed a 5X10  with 4000 lbs of cargo and a R6 street bike in the bed from Colorado to Florida and had no trouble what so ever. I'm not gonna turn the 7x14 into a full camper (no ac,sink,pottie,or shower) so I should be ok Smiley
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 08:30:26 PM by 02_Super_Tacoma » Logged

02 Supercharged Tacoma
02_Super_Tacoma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2005, 08:20:25 PM »

If anything fails I've got a 100,000 mile warranty  Cool

02 Supercharged Tacoma
02_Super_Tacoma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2005, 09:58:46 AM »

I started to install cabinets this weekend

02 Supercharged Tacoma
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2005, 07:35:30 PM »

this is what we tow with, Ford  F350 diesel dually..don't recommend anything smaller if you will be going into mountains or long hauls........we got this truck originally for our car hauling to auctions throughout Florida with a 52 foot 3 car hauler................

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2005, 01:15:44 PM »

Thanks, kevin

You having an 02 Tacoma will more than likely not be strong enough to safely  tow the trailer once you complete everything you want to do with it. I know Kawgirl has a 16 foot trailer and when she put her 2 quads a/c  and camping equipment her 1500 Z-71 would continually shift up and down at just 60 mph. My Chevrolet 1500 Z-71 did the same thing until the tranny  let go on the way to MS&G. Once again doing 60 MPH shifting up and down until I found a sweet speed to get it to stop shifting up and down. Swamprat Same thing bought himself a trailer. Trailer dealer told him that his F150 would tow the trailer just fine. He had a tow package and all of the bells and whistles. Same thing again 60 mph the tranny kept shifting up and down. Once you put everything in a trailer like this you really need a vehicle to safely tow it. I am not dogging your Tacoma but I speak from experience and every body else who has a toy hauler will say the same thing. If you are going to tow a big trailer. ( I think your 7x14 is pretty big) you need to step up the tow vehicle. Please don’t fall into the miss conception that dealers try to give there customers that there ½ tons are an acceptable tow vehicle for any tandem axle enclosed trailer because they are really not. A completely gutted shell trailer MAYBE but with cargo in it NO WAY!!!

WOW! That is interesting. When I pull my hauler it does the same thing. I guess I am going to have to upgrade tow vehicles. I hope my tranny is not hurt to bad.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2005, 03:17:18 PM »

If you guys will take your trucks out of overdrive it will save you 2500 bucks. They will be reving a little high but that wont hurt anything. The trannys in 1/2 ton trucks wont live long towing in overdrive.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
02_Super_Tacoma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2005, 03:23:23 PM »

Heat kills automatic transmissions

02 Supercharged Tacoma
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »

my mom has a tacoma will it pull a 6x12 trialer with 1 rancher,recon 250,300ex,and another 300ex with gear and food tents ect....

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2005, 05:30:10 PM »

Chillin's right the trannys wont last very long driving them in overdrive like that.  I pull my 20ft enclosed with  an 01 suburban in third gear on the interstate just for that reason.  I dont have 2500$ just lying around for a new tranny, but I did have to upgrade as well cuz the wife was not happy with all the miles on her suburban so I bought 02 crew cab chevy 2500 4X4
and that pulls nice Cool

MB

Purlogic   you and the wife going to C&R this weekend? I havent met you guys yet but Im waiting for them margaritas I heard about on the other site Wink

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com