Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which company is better?
Ford
Chevy
Dodge
Nissan
Honda
Toyota

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chevy vs. Ford  (Read 49997 times)
KXKID

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2005, 07:43:05 PM »

FORD FORD FORD Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »

chevy Grin
Robert4570

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2005, 07:53:41 PM »

Both are junk !
I'll take a Dodge with a Cummins motor any day over  both them over rated pieces of s@#$.
Too much blind brand loyalty .Grin
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 08:00:53 PM by Robert4570 » Logged
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 07:54:06 PM »

Who has sold more trucks than any one period, I guess that speaks for its self. FORD. If chevy was so good they would have more people wanting to buy them. Grin

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
KXKID

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 08:03:29 PM »

Who has sold more trucks than any one period, I guess that speaks for its self. FORD. If chevy was so good they would have more people wanting to buy them. Grin
WORD
KXKID

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005, 08:04:36 PM »

FORD
FloridaATVs-com

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2005, 08:16:23 PM »

Guess that just means people have to keep replacing the ones that broke down!

KXKID

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 08:34:44 PM »

so your with chevy too whats so good about chevys
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2005, 08:39:14 PM »

Im sure your other 3 post would have been fine all in one. Roll Eyes
FloridaATVs-com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005, 08:42:31 PM »

Scroll up. My daily driver is a Ford. But, my "toy" is a Chevy. If I had to choose, between one of them, it would be Chevy. Mostly because it is so easy to work on a Chevy and the parts are so inexpensive. Plus, everything interchanges on a Chevy small block. Can you say the same about 302 to a 351 to a 289, etc? Fords just aren't meant for the weekend hobbyist. The only thing Ford I would put in a play toy would be a 9 inch rear end. The rest just makes a good paper weight.  Grin

With all that said, this is just for "toys". I wouldn't mind owning a Navigator or a F-350.

wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 08:52:04 PM »

Both are junk !
I'll take a Dodge with a Cummins motor any day over  both them over rated pieces of s@#$.

Exactly Go cummons turbo diesel!!!  550 ft pounds of torque Tongue Grin

05 kx 250f
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005, 09:01:20 PM »

GM out sells ford every year, chevy and gmc are the same truck remember that ford owners forget that. chevy's and gmc have better resale value than ford. fords drive like crap look like it and sound like it, chevy's are about 10 years up in technology. chevy had independed front suspension sence 1988 ford just recently got it, ever heard of ''on star'' or ''four wheel steering'', the list can keep going and now a full size hybrid.        WANT A TRACTER BUY A FORD !  WANT  CLASS AND RELIABILITY BUY G.M.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Robert4570

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2005, 09:47:48 PM »

Both are junk !

Exactly Go cummons turbo diesel!!!  550 ft pounds of torque Tongue Grin

Its 610 ft-lbs for 05' at 1600 rpm , duracows and the 6.0 turds have to turn 2000 rpm to get that.
Diesel power!
sct450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2005, 10:09:24 PM »

FORD any day. but i do have a dodge ram 2500 v10 4x4 and a toyota 4x4

seen this tag the other day
    I'd rather be cummin then stroking...

04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2005, 10:14:40 PM »

Ford

[attachment deleted by admin]
sct450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 10:21:24 PM »

sweet truck!

04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 10:23:04 PM »

Wrong again. I posted the actual numbers on here one time before but for some reason they not on here any more. Ford says that the F-Series is the best selling truck in its class but what they don't tell you is that the F-Series goes all the way up to an F-750. They also count Chevy and GMC as different models. GM out sells all of them. The Silverado and Sierra only goes to a 3500 series then they call there larger trucks by a different name like Kodiac.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Robert4570

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 10:31:35 PM »

Just pushin' buttons here with the rivalry .
Doesnt matter what brand you favor they all have pro's and con's .

I got a 75 chevy k10 4wd  that Ive had for 23 years now and has been the most reliable truck i've ever owned.

As  for the Dodge I am on my 2nd Dodge Diesel duallly , great truck pulls, a load with ease.
 Its an 05' with a diesel and a 6 spd .

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 10:34:22 PM by Robert4570 » Logged
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2005, 10:32:48 PM »

Wrong again. I posted the actual numbers on here one time before but for some reason they not on here any more. Ford says that the F-Series is the best selling truck in its class but what they don't tell you is that the F-Series goes all the way up to an F-750. They also count Chevy and GMC as different models. GM out sells all of them. The Silverado and Sierra only goes to a 3500 series then they call there larger trucks by a different name like Kodiac.

Very true.
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2005, 12:08:13 AM »

GM out sells ford every year, chevy and gmc are the same truck remember that ford owners forget that. chevy's and gmc have better resale value than ford. fords drive like crap look like it and sound like it, chevy's are about 10 years up in technology. chevy had independed front suspension sence 1988 ford just recently got it, ever heard of ''on star'' or ''four wheel steering'', the list can keep going and now a full size hybrid.        WANT A TRACTER BUY A FORD !  WANT  CLASS AND RELIABILITY BUY G.M.

So that's why Chevy reported a month ago that it lost 1 billion dollars? It was on CNN or MSN.  Oh and what happened to the camaro? Lack of sales brought that chitbox to it's demise. And Chevy is 10 years advanced in technology? LMFAO. Then why have they stuck a damn pushrod 350(LS1/LT1) in every sports car they make? Remember the LT4(I think that was the one)? First late model corvette with a DOHC motor. They couldn't design a good cooling system to the heads and the cams kept seizing? Ford is far more advanced. Look at all the new age motors they have created. 4.6 SOHC/DOHC, 5.4 SOHC/DOHC the new 4.6/5.4 3 valve engine, V10(in some full size trucks and vans. And lets not forget the powerstroke line of engines. 

And the heads on a 302 does fit on a 351. The F150 is the most selling truck. Do a google and you'll see.

Yes I own 2 Ferds(cobra and f150) but my wife owns a camaro. I've had more problems in 8 months with that car than I have had on my cobra since I bought it over 6 yrs ago. My truck I bought recently hasn't gave me any problems so far.  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2005, 12:20:02 AM »

We have had a camaro for 10 years without one problem at all. You must have got a lemon man.
FloridaATVs-com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2005, 07:39:56 AM »

Look at NASCAR historical statistics.

big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »

LMK, why are you green? Grin  PS the japs make a better truck guys.. SORRY  Huh
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 09:45:00 AM by big-daddy » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 08:52:11 AM »

All I'm gonna say is that any fool can stroke (powerstroke)
Real men Ram it
(Cummins)

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 08:57:36 AM »

So that's why Chevy reported a month ago that it lost 1 billion dollars? It was on CNN or MSN.  Oh and what happened to the camaro? Lack of sales brought that chitbox to it's demise. And Chevy is 10 years advanced in technology? LMFAO. Then why have they stuck a d**n pushrod 350(LS1/LT1) in every sports car they make? Remember the LT4(I think that was the one)? First late model corvette with a DOHC motor. They couldn't design a good cooling system to the heads and the cams kept seizing? Ford is far more advanced. Look at all the new age motors they have created. 4.6 SOHC/DOHC, 5.4 SOHC/DOHC the new 4.6/5.4 3 valve engine, V10(in some full size trucks and vans. And lets not forget the powerstroke line of engines. 

And the heads on a 302 does fit on a 351. The F150 is the most selling truck. Do a google and you'll see.

Yes I own 2 Ferds(cobra and f150) but my wife owns a camaro. I've had more problems in 8 months with that car than I have had on my cobra since I bought it over 6 yrs ago. My truck I bought recently hasn't gave me any problems so far.  -Mark

1= "So that's why Chevy reported a month ago that it lost 1 billion dollars? It was on CNN or MSN." Answer= Yea, if they lost so much then how could they have given away 1,000 new GM vehicles last year and this year with the Onstar Hotbutton Promotion, and how could they have given away almost 300 Pontiac G6's on the Opera Winfrey show. When was the last time any other manufacterer rather American or import gace anything like that away. How much big money advertising do you see GM doing compared to all ther others manufactureres. If they were losing so much money then they could not do that.

2="Oh and what happened to the camaro?". Answer= Yes they did do away with the Camaro but watch out. When they removed it GM said they were doing away with the CURRENT GENERATION Camaro. Key word current. I do beleive that they are working on a NEXT Generation but they won't say until their ready to bring it out. Thats my opinion on that. Ford does have a nice car in a Mustang with this new one, thats for sure.

3="And Chevy is 10 years advanced in technology? LMFAO. Then why have they stuck a d**n pushrod 350(LS1/LT1) in every sports car they make? Remember the LT4(I think that was the one)? First late model corvette with a DOHC motor." Answer= I don't beleive there is a motor out there any better then the GM 350 cubic inch or the 4.3 liter V6 engine on the market available. Even Ford people have to admit that. You can do almost anything to them and get all kinds of HP out of them so I personally think that GM is going wrong by getting rid of such fine engines. They now have a 6.0 liter in the Corvette and a mustang cannot touch it. Sorry

4="Ford is far more advanced. Look at all the new age motors they have created. 4.6 SOHC/DOHC, 5.4 SOHC/DOHC the new 4.6/5.4 3 valve engine, V10(in some full size trucks and vans. And lets not forget the powerstroke line of engines. " Answer= The Ford 4.6 liter has been out since like 1998. Why did they do away with the 5.0. HUH. Chevy has had new engines in there trucks since 1999. The new engine have 6 bolt mains, not 2 or 4. Can Ford say that.  GM also was the first to put a coil for every cylinder. As for a V-10, I'm glad  GM didn't go there. Ford was just following Dodge on that one. Where are all of them now. As for a Diesel, Gm now has 625 foot lbs of torque in their 2006 models and are quieter then anyone on the market. Ford did have a good 7.3 diesel but lets not get into the problems with the 6.0 powerstroke. You would not like it.

5="And the heads on a 302 does fit on a 351." WOOHOO< the heads off a 305 will fit a 350 what is your point there.

6="The F150 is the most selling truck." Answer=Wrong, the F series truck outsells any other truck in its class. I explained this to you. The F-Series goes up to a F-750, General Motors sold more trucks than any other manufacturer on the market.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com