Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a new spot in raffard/lake butler  (Read 12185 times)
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 09:08:38 PM »

Hey if you all wanted to get a group ride planned let me know. My father owns 10 acres in Lake Butler. We could set up camp at his place and go from there. He has a nice pond, and lots of room. We go up there a couple times a month.

If you know where to ride around there. I would try to make it for a weekend if I had a months notice.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
kicking_dirt

DIRT,GAS,AND SHOW ME THE PATH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 09:19:45 PM »

THE KICK DIRT CREW WILL GOT LET ME KNOW WHO IS THE LAND TRAILS OR WHAT IM STILL WORKING ON THE OTHER SPOT BUT I HERE ITS A COUPLE OF PLACES
Magnum330

Having Fun on ATV.Com Now Lets Ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 10:29:57 PM »

Well I took another ride out their looked good both sides of the road nothing. Their are several dirt roads leading off the main road with road numbers. So unless someone knows right where this place is you might just be making a burt run.

I wish I could get my customer to ride up that way and show me the spot. Then I would share the directions.

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005, 11:59:17 AM »

Ok, I checked it out this morning. I asked two people and this is what I came up with. First off, there is no railroad track because it has been taken up a long time ago. There was no signs telling you where it was either. I was not impressed because it just looked like hunting woods with a lot of water and there was some areas where they have been cutting trees and a lot of sticks and grown up grass. It was a dirt road that was about 2 miles long with woods on each side and every gate that I saw was locked and some even said private drive or private property. It looked kind of like a management area or maybe part of a forest. No place to camp either. Here is the way that I went.

From Lake Butler go north on HWY 121 to the Citgo store in Raiford at the caution light. Turn left and about 50 yards it makes a sharp left, then about 300 yards it makes a right. Go to the next road on the left, (just past the Raiford Industrial Complex Center), turn left and go until the pavement ends and it starts the woods. That dirt road goes about 2 miles and comes out at another paved road.

GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 03:36:01 PM »

Ok, I checked it out this morning. I asked two people and this is what I came up with. First off, there is no railroad track because it has been taken up a long time ago. There was no signs telling you where it was either. I was not impressed because it just looked like hunting woods with a lot of water and there was some areas where they have been cutting trees and a lot of sticks and grown up grass. It was a dirt road that was about 2 miles long with woods on each side and every gate that I saw was locked and some even said private drive or private property. It looked kind of like a management area or maybe part of a forest. No place to camp either. Here is the way that I went.

From Lake Butler go north on HWY 121 to the Citgo store in Raiford at the caution light. Turn left and about 50 yards it makes a sharp left, then about 300 yards it makes a right. Go to the next road on the left, (just past the Raiford Industrial Complex Center), turn left and go until the pavement ends and it starts the woods. That dirt road goes about 2 miles and comes out at another paved road.

Thanks for all the help. I just wounder wheir kicking_dirt was at because in his first post he said that there were trails with no woops and signs that said mud pits this way??? Maybe he was in the Oceola National Forest or something or maybe this Ocean Pond area you talk about.   

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 04:26:26 PM »

Thanks for all the help. I just wounder wheir kicking_dirt was at because in his first post he said that there were trails with no woops and signs that said mud pits this way??? Maybe he was in the Oceola National Forest or something or maybe this Ocean Pond area you talk about.   

I'm not sure but I kinda used the directions that he provided. I'm wondering when was the last time that he has been out there, because the railroad tracks has been taken up a long time ago.  And all of the dirt roads are now paved except that one that I went on.

450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2005, 07:04:10 PM »

Well I guess we need directions of mapquest from Kicking_Dirt on the spot where all the trails are supposed to be or someone else that may have riden out in this area. If we cant figure out this place I guess we will look for plan B or C or D   lol    Undecided

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
Mattism78

My Doberman Owns All

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 06:52:14 PM »

My father just bought the property last year, and I really haven't had a chance to ride up there. Other than around on his property. I know my father wouldn't if we set up camp at his house. We could have a big bonfire, and camp. I'd go up this weekend if I could. I'm still waiting until I can get a hitch for my Maxima to tote the BF.
kicking_dirt

DIRT,GAS,AND SHOW ME THE PATH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2005, 12:02:59 AM »

ok ghuys trust me thats one of the spots that one is where all the mud pits are at if u would have took your bike out there and rode threw u would have seen the gates that was open  and the signs that says mud pit this way but once u get in there trew one gate u can cover all the trail friom there u will be in the trail and u will see all the closed gates if u was to ride out there i bet u will like it but for everyone im going monday and i will post pics to show u.also thats just one spot its another one to but its better than rodeman and croom there is no humps.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2005, 02:40:08 AM »

It looked very wet and grassy out there from the dirt road and all of the gates were closed. I asked a guy that lived just before where the dirt road stops and he said thats where they ride, but I did not see any signs or trails from the road. I did not take my quad but the road was only about 2 miles long before it cam to an end.

Magnum330

Having Fun on ATV.Com Now Lets Ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 10:19:35 PM »

ok ghuys trust me thats one of the spots that one is where all the mud pits are at if u would have took your bike out there and rode threw u would have seen the gates that was open  and the signs that says mud pit this way but once u get in there trew one gate u can cover all the trail friom there u will be in the trail and u will see all the closed gates if u was to ride out there i bet u will like it but for everyone im going monday and i will post pics to show u.also thats just one spot its another one to but its better than rodeman and croom there is no humps.

Did you make it out their if so where are them pictures?

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com