Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding in Tampa  (Read 4599 times)
Sharp911

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2005, 10:37:07 AM »

Are there any riding places around Tampa? I know about Croom and Ocala National Forest. Are there any others, I dont mind driving a couple hours to a good site.

I've heard about a place called the Dumps, anyone know about this?
rideordie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:18:53 PM »

there is a place here in the brandon/ valrico area called the dover pits. This place has got to be more than 500 acres and it has everything from mudd to trails and 30 foot sand hills. It is not the easiest place to find and it is not exactly legal. however people only get asked to leave once in a blue moon. if you or anyone else wants to hookup one weekend soon we can go out there.
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 06:41:38 PM »

Dover is very fun to ride, but be careful. I know from experience that a couple of neighbors to 2 different entrances like to call the cops when people go ride there. And cops know about the place and occasionally ride by to look for trucks parked near by and wait for them to cross the road while exiting  and get them. And I would strongly advise against going the railroad route. they love to prosecute. Like I said it's a great place, but in my opinion not worth risking the legal repercussions. You make your own decisions, but the better informed you are the better off you are.
I saw a place near USF where I saw a couple quads riding, but I don't know how they got in or if it's legal or not. pm me and I'll give directions, but use them at your own risk. I'd do some research before chancing it. Good luck.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
kaaronc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »

Dover is very fun to ride, but be careful. I know from experience that a couple of neighbors to 2 different entrances like to call the cops when people go ride there. And cops know about the place and occasionally ride by to look for trucks parked near by and wait for them to cross the road while exiting  and get them. And I would strongly advise against going the railroad route. they love to prosecute. Like I said it's a great place, but in my opinion not worth risking the legal repercussions. You make your own decisions, but the better informed you are the better off you are.
I saw a place near USF where I saw a couple quads riding, but I don't know how they got in or if it's legal or not. pm me and I'll give directions, but use them at your own risk. I'd do some research before chancing it. Good luck.

pm sent...

also, I live in Lithia (fishhawk)... I've been riding at croom, because I can't afford the $25 per trip to the track.. and I'm not really ready for a track... however, I think I will be soon.  Are there any tracks near me that are similar to an outdoor national track (i.e. big sweeping corners, big tabletops, etc)?

thanks for the info
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

Lifes better when all 4 wheels are under the quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:18:45 PM »

I live in north tampa lutz area but i only go to tracks and just my friends house cause he has like 100 acres so its fun

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 10:54:07 PM »

If anyone has any spots to ride please let me know. I am sick of only riding one spot.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »

If anyone has any spots to ride please let me know. I am sick of only riding one spot.
How about croom? (j/k)

Njoutlaw88

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 12:44:46 PM »

How about croom? (j/k)

Clapper
Scramdaddy

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 04:21:18 PM »

lakeland has a track I think, not sure where. I do some work in the fishhawk area and have seen a couple of guy's riding that area (gas station visit?) There is lots of woods out that way and I cant help but wonder if there arent some trails out there. P M me if ya know something. Cool Dover pits are a cool place but I got bagged in there. $185 fine and a day's pay. Havent been back since nov. Some have tho.

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 03:58:56 PM »

Bartow has a MX track (just East Of the Mulberry Track) on Hwy 60 and CR555.
The Mulberry MX in on hwy 37 south of Hwy 60 about 5 miles or so on the right.

WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

Lifes better when all 4 wheels are under the quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 04:22:21 PM »

There is a sand pit on mickinley street but im not sure if it is legal if u go to videos and download dunnner days buy tampaboy813 that is the mickinley sanp pit for you
I didnt know so many people at atvs that live in tampa

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »

I ride once in a wile in that spot by the USF but it is not that big, and theyu just put a couple of no transpasing sings  Huh I went to Dover pits long a go, but I have heard so many things about cops there that is not worth for me to take the risk is a nice place tho.

MX tracks, well they metioned some, in Lakeland I4, exit 38, road 33, next to the International Speed Way, you can find a nice MX track (not too big) they also have like 2.5 miles of "HS" trails, and Sandmountain is in Fort Mead a nice MX track and TT track and a big area where you can ride and some hills. I heard about a new MX track in Brooksville, but I haven't been there yet.

Unfortunetly,  if you like trails, besides Croom and Ocala, there are no more places to go riding close by Tampa

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com