Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman in Afghanistan  (Read 1675 times)
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2005, 10:28:48 AM »

Barbara Walters of 20/20 did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan,

several years before the Afghan conflict.  She noted that the women customarily walked 5 paces behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands.  From Ms. Walters vantage point, despite overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands and are happy to maintain the old custom.

Ms Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked "Why do you now seem happy with the old custom that you once tried so desperately to change"?

The women looked Ms. Walters straight in the eyes and without hesitation,  and said

"Land mines."  Tongue

qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:46:19 AM »

That was nice!  Very much appreciated.  It was like a good movie.  I was upset, then I was sad, then I laughed.  Thanks for the Monday morning pick me up.  Nice seeing you again this weekend.  I'll be over near your camp soon.  I'll look forward to riding w/ you finally!  Sorry I didn't get to chat much.  I was busy playing in the mud.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:56:53 AM »

It is an eye-opener as we forget how good we have it here in the US Wink
Most guys here want there woman to walk in the front so they can watch...LOL

QT- was nice to see you again, you were there one minute and gone the next  Grin I was kinda laid back......too Dammmm HOT!!

qt314nfla

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 12:19:47 PM »

kawGirl every time i'd come back to camp to sit and chat there was another group going out so i'd get back on the quad and ride.  i didn't finally settle at camp till after dark when we couldn't ride the quads anymore. 

i need to come by camp next time i'm out there.  i haven't seen it since you got it done.  maybe in a few weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com