Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE POLLS BUT  (Read 2340 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2005, 07:27:01 PM »

I RUN 100

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:28:41 PM »

I run 114 in my Raptor and 93 in my Utes

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 06:26:42 AM »

93 here. comments about this subject are as good as politics and religion. There was once a time when people thought that running a higher octane fuels made the machine run better. take the Amocco 93 advertisement for example.
Not so, Pull out the compression guage or your build sheet and see what the compression of the engine is. anything higher than 11:1 Compression and depending on the design of the combustion chambers will determine whether you need higher octane fuels. The use of high Octane when not needed will promote additional carbon(unburnt fuel) to build up in area of the engine and further rob you of power the higher the octane number the slower the burn to put it into lamens terms. that is why you will hear spark knock with lesser quaility fuels ie 87 octane because the burns or explostion happens so fast and violent it rattles the valves..... Just my .02  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 06:38:20 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 06:51:50 AM »

93 here. comments about this subject are as good as politics and religion. There was once a time when people thought that running a higher octane fuels made the machine run better. take the Amocco 93 advertisement for example.
Not so, Pull out the compression guage or your build sheet and see what the compression of the engine is. anything higher than 11:1 Compression and depending on the design of the combustion chambers will determine whether you need higher octane fuels. The use of high Octane when not needed will promote additional carbon(unburnt fuel) to build up in area of the engine and further rob you of power the higher the octane number the slower the burn to put it into lamens terms. that is why you will hear spark knock with lesser quaility fuels ie 87 octane because the burns or explostion happens so fast and violent it rattles the valves..... Just my .02  

That's correct.

stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:13:54 AM »

Well it sounds like I'm not the only one who's educated in compression and thermodynamics.  Grin Well put CN

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 07:12:19 PM »

93 octane here none of that 4.00$ a gallon Sh*t

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
bigsteve

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 12:31:15 AM »

I agree 100% I have a KFX700 it's stock.It's pretty good proformence engine out of the box.

I'm on the KawieRiders.com forum.This has been A big discussion on that forum.And these guys know there sh!t.
They run 87-91 octane on A stock bike.They do run higher octane on modified bikes.So I run 87-91.

So Chuck-Norris is 100% wright! You LOOSE power on A stock bike.

"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 01:40:41 AM »

The Sunoco speedway 2 weeks ago had 100 for 4.50 a gallon, now its 6.00  Shocked Hot Rodgers performance has 110 for 5.00. And yet the rest of speedways gas went down. Go figure.
Just if anyones looking.

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com