Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone here about st. lucie county atv park to be built  (Read 3933 times)
floridacracker

get er done

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2005, 09:00:10 PM »

ive herd that there is going to be an atv park being built on indrio- road in ft. pierce    st. lucie county   can any yall give me more info?
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 08:24:36 AM »

There WAS an atv park being talked about... 750 acres out by the airport in Ft. Pierce. Search around the site.. I know someone posted an update saying that the plan had basically been scrapped and now they are going to take bids to lease the proprty for more cattle grazing land.....  Surprise, surprise.....  Angry

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 06:44:12 PM »

that figures,,they talk it up,,atv sales go up,,then they shoot us down again....something seems fishy
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 01:27:40 PM »

Unfortunately the hurricanes had a lot to do with it. We were really close, then the storms kept delaying the meetimgs. After the storms the damage to city hall delayed it even more. Then there was a new election and 2 key officials that were all for it weren't re-elected. That is why we are right back were we started.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
BC-LC-500s

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:41:47 PM »

Go to Best Buy Vehicles "Polaris dealer" in fort pierce they have all the info but last I heard not enough people were stepping up to get involed, at Best Buy they have stacks of petitions

2004 polaris sportsman 500 4x4
2004 polaris sportsman 500 4x4
2001 polaris scrambler 500 2x4
Mattism78

My Doberman Owns All

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 07:13:39 PM »

Is this the place that's in between 95, and the Turnpike on Okechobee? If so I've been there a few times. Good riding honestly. Cops asked us to leave though.
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 07:53:49 PM »

Unfortunately the hurricanes had a lot to do with it. We were really close, then the storms kept delaying the meetimgs. After the storms the damage to city hall delayed it even more. Then there was a new election and 2 key officials that were all for it weren't re-elected. That is why we are right back were we started.

yet another thing messed up from the hurricanes.
caospop
Supreme Member

BOOMSHAKAALAAAKAAA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:58:12 PM »

Why can't we share the grazing with the cattle ?  Nerd

2007 Polaris Sportsman
themensh

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 03:53:59 PM »

People need to start writing to their City and County Commisioners and Sate legislators.....
there is ALLOT of land unused in Florida.....we just need to get secure access to it, whether it be buying it or 75 year leases......whatever.
   But I bet if 50 people read this, maybe two will do something.
  It all comes down to apathy and the feeling of 'let someone else do it'.
  Well, now I have a $4500 ATV with new wheels and tires that I have to truck 54 miles to ride in Ocala national Park.   I can truck it down to Scottsmore....but who knows how long that land will remain rideable.  We need Brevard County to buy that area and designate it as "ATV trails".  Volusia County (Daytona/Deland) has allot of open land west of I-95 and north and south of State Road 40.   
   Nothing will get done by posting here though.........so write a letter.

chuck

jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 06:45:34 PM »

There is alot of untouched land in Brevard that is designated as public use, but only bikes, horses, and pedestrians are considered the public. The county government here is saturated with friends of developers, and gray hairs. It's hard to say how long Scottsmoor will remain a riding area, I'd say it's a matter of months till that area is shut down. As far as Brevard buying it, never happen, cost is way out there for swampland.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 06:05:19 PM »

People need to start writing to their City and County Commisioners and Sate legislators.....
there is ALLOT of land unused in Florida.....we just need to get secure access to it, whether it be buying it or 75 year leases......whatever.
   But I bet if 50 people read this, maybe two will do something.
  It all comes down to apathy and the feeling of 'let someone else do it'.
  Well, now I have a $4500 ATV with new wheels and tires that I have to truck 54 miles to ride in Ocala national Park.   I can truck it down to Scottsmore....but who knows how long that land will remain rideable.  We need Brevard County to buy that area and designate it as "ATV trails".  Volusia County (Daytona/Deland) has allot of open land west of I-95 and north and south of State Road 40.   
   Nothing will get done by posting here though.........so write a letter.

chuck

Dude, 54 miles aint chit man. I have to trailer mine for up 120 miles sometimes for a decent place to ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com