Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: worst time getting stuck  (Read 5458 times)
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2005, 06:23:10 AM »

wats everybody worst time getting stuck in mud,water,sand, etc.
i got stuck in mud when try to pass a ute that was going around the mud and then worse off all the girl driven the ute had to pull me out. god i felt like a retard. Smiley

ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 07:27:34 AM »

got stuck so bad that my winch would not pull me out had to use my truck i have a suzuki quadmaster 500 lifted with 26" tires it is a beast to get unstuck
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 07:55:19 AM »

I made my R float last summer. It didn't crank for 2 days. I am now banned from going anywhere near water...LOL I guess I need to get a ute for those days  Cheesy
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 08:03:30 AM »

burried my uncles truck tryin to pull someone eles out we had to wait 5 hours 4 someone to get my uncle unstuck.lol

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:27:53 PM »

got stuck so bad that my winch would not pull me out had to use my truck i have a suzuki quadmaster 500 lifted with 26" tires it is a beast to get unstuck

When we ride with SwampRat he always pulls us out with his outlaws on a 600 twin polaris. One day his bike took a sinkin in a mud hole. 4 bikes daisy chained finally got him out after an hour!

ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »

lol getting a truck stuck to pull another one out lol

Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 06:06:42 PM »

Was driving a dump truck at work. Fairly new, about 2 weeks old, single axle. Did a favor for a guy we were working for, hauled a load of fill a couple blocks away to another house. He showed me where to dump it, in the back of an older house they were remodeling. Boom, dropped one of the back wheels through the septic tank. The front wheel on the opposite side was about 6" off the ground, the one in the back totally under ground in the tank. Guy shows up from Kauffs in the big tri-axle. He radios for a bigger tri-axle. Never knew they had a crane on the back. Wrapped a strap around it and picked the whole thing up dirt and all while a big winch pulled it forward.
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 06:31:45 PM »

one time i was out on my lil sis lt 125 got it stuck so bad that it took me and 2 friends to get it out it took about an hour then my friend got his big bear stuck and it took him,my mom,his dad,me and my moms truck and the took us about 45mins

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 10:16:18 PM »

I never have got stuck bad but my friend got mine stuck. We had a jeep trying to pull it out and it snaped the tow cable(tow cable must have been junk). We got a rope and tied it to the grab bar and pulled it out finally, It only took 25-30 mins, but I was a little mad.
ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 11:10:58 PM »

one time   at   band camp      i got stuck  Tongue Grin Cheesy
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 11:34:47 PM »

Dont you talk about anything but band camp?
kreed5821

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 03:27:21 AM »

OK.  This wasn't me but it is a true story.  I had a great uncle who would get drunk once a year (his birthday),  but otherwise didn't drink or at least didn't get drunk.  He would drive around his house and hit mailboxes,  fences,  etc.  but no one around there said anything because when he sobered up he would fix everything.  This was way before my time,  but my Dad and Aunts/Uncles remember it.  One day after a lot of rain,  he drove his car into a ditch and got it stuck,  he went home and came back and got his pickup stuck.  He walked home and got his big truck to pull it out and got it stuck.  He got his tractor,  and got it stuck.  All in the same ditch one in front of the next.  All FOUR vehicles.  He then went and got his mule and one by one pulled out his automobiles!  My Dad is not the kind to exxagerate and he cracks up telling about it. 

The worst I've ever been stuck was in a garden.  I got my Grandpa's Ford 4610 tractor stuck and then when he came to pull me out he got his Deutz front loader stuck.  We finally got them out with a Ford Jubilee tractor.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 03:29:09 AM by kreed5821 » Logged

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 01:59:35 PM »

this one time,,,,about 5 minutes into Rodman Dam 3 trail ride,,,,,we came to this LAKE that JJamesbar said was not that deep.........

well, someone stopped in front of me and I had to go around them, in the DEEEEEEP part that was just deep enough to put water over the top of the OPEN airbox,,,,that was all she wrote for that time,,,,,but I pushed it to the other side of the lake and fired her up with water coming out the exhaust pipe for a few minutes.

that wasn't the worst part of it, the rest of the 5-7 hour ride, I was soaked in mud.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
devildog55

HALF WAY THERE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 07:30:38 PM »

the first night i got my truck i figured it needed a little mudd on the tires, so i went out to old dixie(if anyone knows where that is). well i was all the way by the end towards arapeika and slid into a ditch. well my buddy trys opening up his door but cant, he loooks out the window and theres water all the way up to about a couple inches from the window. so the only thing we can do is walk to a gas station and call somebody. oh yeah a forgot to mention that it was like 3 in the mornin and had a little to much in us to be walkin ( geuss that explains why we were in a ditch). so we walk like 4 miles to 7\11 and try to call some one but everyones a sleep, so me being me i start yelling at anyone thats in the parking lot to come pull me out.. all of a sudden this guy with this lil nissan truck pulls up and say " yall stuck?" and were like ya, so he says hes got another truck at home and is gonna go get it.  well when he comes back hes in this monster of a dodge dulee, drives us out there and gets us out in one snatch. to make a long story short it was a pretty wild night
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:34:11 PM by devildog55 » Logged

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 07:59:27 PM »

park350, what about last weekend when you were stuck 12 miles from your truck. How did you like that ride back Grin

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »

About a month ago we went out camping in Ocala w/ our youth Minister. At 12 o" clock midnight we decided to go mudding one last time for the day. We were out hitting some holes when we came across this one that looked middle-sized compared to what we had been doing so.... He entered it and we were going good then bam we came to an abrupt stop. He stuck it reverse budged a little put it in forward and just dug it down. After all this digging his exhaust pipes were under the water. So we left his truck on. Then in around 30-45 min. later this nice Chevy Silverado 1500 pulls up. Ends up it is a two-wheel drive so we try it out, Doesn't budge an inch. So we call up someone to come help us out. About an hour later he shows up in his F-250 also 2WD. We try around 15 times but no can do and he tore up the road with his F-250 so things were looking gloomy. Then his truck just shut off. Well then we hitched a ride back w/ the F-250 guy to campwere we planned on sleeping for an hour before another guy came out to help us with jacks and big wood planks. Well 10 minutes later our youth minister comes in telling us to get up, by this time its aroun 5 in the morning. So we all crammed in this little grand prix (7 people) and head back to the hole. Everyone fell asleep in the car execpt for me. So me and my minister guy get out and start jacking. We work on jacking sticking wood under the tires for around an hour when the sun started coming up. When we were finally ready we got it out first try with an ol F-150 2WD work truck pulling us. Also that guy gave us a jump so we cranked right up and the mufflers just spit out the water. We finally got back to camp were we just packed up and left. It was a long night and we were all sooo dirty from digging and having a massive mud war. It was quite an experience, expecially out in the middle
of ocala with all them Rainbow people about.
After we had examined that hole it turns out there were some monster ruts then they abruptly ended like someone else had got stuck in the same spot. It was the longest most boring night of my life!

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 07:47:21 AM »

About a month ago we went out camping in Ocala w/ our youth Minister. At 12 o" clock midnight we decided to go mudding one last time for the day. We were out hitting some holes when we came across this one that looked middle-sized compared to what we had been doing so.... He entered it and we were going good then bam we came to an abrupt stop. He stuck it reverse budged a little put it in forward and just dug it down. After all this digging his exhaust pipes were under the water. So we left his truck on. Then in around 30-45 min. later this nice Chevy Silverado 1500 pulls up. Ends up it is a two-wheel drive so we try it out, Doesn't budge an inch. So we call up someone to come help us out. About an hour later he shows up in his F-250 also 2WD. We try around 15 times but no can do and he tore up the road with his F-250 so things were looking gloomy. Then his truck just shut off. Well then we hitched a ride back w/ the F-250 guy to campwere we planned on sleeping for an hour before another guy came out to help us with jacks and big wood planks. Well 10 minutes later our youth minister comes in telling us to get up, by this time its aroun 5 in the morning. So we all crammed in this little grand prix (7 people) and head back to the hole. Everyone fell asleep in the car execpt for me. So me and my minister guy get out and start jacking. We work on jacking sticking wood under the tires for around an hour when the sun started coming up. When we were finally ready we got it out first try with an ol F-150 2WD work truck pulling us. Also that guy gave us a jump so we cranked right up and the mufflers just spit out the water. We finally got back to camp were we just packed up and left. It was a long night and we were all sooo dirty from digging and having a massive mud war. It was quite an experience, expecially out in the middle
After we had examined that hole it turns out there were some monster ruts then they abruptly ended like someone else had got stuck in the same spot. It was the longest most boring night of my life!

I vote for this one being the worst.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
devildog55

HALF WAY THERE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 06:24:43 AM »

its always that one last time that gets you. ive got abunch more storys of gettin stuck(thats what happens when you have a 2wd ranger and think its a monster truck) those allnighters deffinetly suck. ive even have to leave my truck out there so i could go to school the next day to get somebody with a big anuff truck to get me out, but that a whole nother story

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 04:51:03 PM »

Id@
Fortunately it was his Youth Minister and not his Priest. Shocked

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 05:18:06 PM »

that one was funny

Id@
Fortunately it was his Youth Minister and not his Priest. Shocked
shulco

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 12:49:28 PM »

I have a small boat that I was makeing repairs to after the repairs I loaded it on my atv trailer and took it to put it back in the water  there was no boat ramp just an empty lot so I backed in and unloaded  as I pulled out the truck got stuck   I ended up useing my atv  and a shovel to get the truck out  then had to use atv to get the trailer back to the rode  in the mean time the man who owed the lot called my favorite peopel    He issued me a tresspass warning and made me move the boat away from the mans  property
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com