Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RR INCIDENT - DOG SHOOTING  (Read 27584 times)
NPRVinson

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 05:48:37 PM »

Eddie sounds like a wacko. I'm not a member of River Ranch but this can't be tolerated anywhere. The witness needs to step up and have this guy put in jail. Angry
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »

Just talk to Pete Edwards (the president) of RR. He saying the dog had rabies and it was trying to bite people at the gate. It kept running after cars and ATVers for over a week now. There also called Animal Control to capture the dog, but was not able to catch the dog. The other side of the story?

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 06:35:47 PM »

But it was done in front of a car full of kids.......that's bull**it!!   Cry
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 06:41:50 PM »

Or did it?..........let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
backinsaddle

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2005, 06:45:31 PM »

I don't know which is worse, what happened at RR, or here: http://www.nbc6.net/news/4796338/detail.html?subid=10101481

I hope it really was rabies and not just a cover story.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 07:00:11 PM »

But it was done in front of a car full of kids.......that's bull**it!! Cry

There's no get around that. That was wrong! 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 07:03:27 PM »

I think it's important to know whether or not there was sufficient evidence to know or suspect that the dog actually had rabies or was any kind of physical threat to any person. PEOPLE'S safety is more important than any dog's, especially kids!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 07:15:55 PM »

A few weeks ago Mike (da mtg man) and I got chased by a dog or coyote on a night ride at RR. Darn thing came out of the wood from the dark.  Scared the Zhit out me.   

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2005, 07:26:31 PM »

I also find it hard to believe that law enforcement's going to miss any opportunity to exert some authority in this matter. I wonder what if any resources would have been spent by the authorities to search for that rabied dog? Were any calls made to them prior to this incident? Last year, FWC shot a tiger to death in WPB. That tiger was loose in a community and the same critics of the shooting would have been the first to criticize law enforcement for NOT stopping it before someone got hurt by the tiger. There's people hurt, murdered and missing everyday! Where's the outcry?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 07:29:12 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

atvrider05

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2005, 07:45:22 PM »

ok...the facts are this...I ride at RR every weekend and my own kids have played and pet this dog....The dogs did not have rabies...(so Pete is trying to cover it up). They were not trying to help the dog. Eddie was drunk and mad at the dog because she got out of his fence... Well for 2 months, every weekend the dog has been out because we have fed her and his other dog, the black, brown and white dog (which is the dog who really runs after cars) we were afraid we were going to run over her on Sat. but hey isn't chasing cars a dog thing to do, like bite the mailman. I said I was not trying to start anything when I first posted this thread and I am STILL NOT...I just don't like liers....especially when I pay my dues which pays the liers....Big Dog this is not directed at you in any way, but what Pete told you was a complete lie. He is the one who put the poor dog down when she lied on the ground bleeding and in pain. So he is full of sh*t saying the dog had rabies...for God's sake if it was true which it was not, take it to the vet to have put down...do NOT shoot 2-3 feet away from a 6 & 8yr old. And just to clarify any questions, I know all of this info to be FACT because it was my friends kids he shot by. 
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2005, 07:49:44 PM »

Was this the brown dog at the gate? 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
atvrider05

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

Oh and as far as catching the dog...all they had to do was call the dog over because she would come right over and let you pet her and play with her...My son and her sat on the ground next to our trailer for about a half an hour while we loaded up....So saying Animal Contol couldn't catch the dog is another lie. Eddie did not want the dog and one of the girls that works gate 2 found a home for her but Eddie didn't care. He was drunk and got mad at the dog...Period! Sorry I know I sound mad but I can't stand the facts of what he did and apparently is going to get away with.  Really can't catch the dog...dog has rabies...so lets shot it in front of KIDS....give me a break WHAT LIES....
atvrider05

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005, 07:51:38 PM »

Ya Big-D, it was the light tan dog that always ran with the black, brown and white dog.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »

Your story may be 100% true and , if so, that man should be arrested and charged. And, you may have seen those dogs before or ones like them, but, you heard of the incident from your friend. You did not witness the killing of that dog. Let the law sort it out.

big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 07:56:32 PM »

Ya Big-D, it was the light tan dog that always ran with the black, brown and white dog.

That dog friendly... I played with that dog last week at the gate.  Angry

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
SwampRat

Life's hard; get a helmet.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 07:57:24 PM »

If the authorities won't do anything then it is up to the RR owners to bring it up to the board.  Let them know this type of action is NOT acceptable under any circumstances.

06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg
atvrider05

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 08:03:15 PM »

Your story may be 100% true and , if so, that man should be arrested and charged. And, you may have seen those dogs before or ones like them, but, you heard of the incident from your friend. You did not witness the killing of that dog. Let the law sort it out.

I said it was my friends kids...I didn't say I wasn't there....I was there and I did see it happen...and here is another fact...After Eddie shot the dog he said Quote un Quote "shes gotta learn the rules" "that will teach her to learn the rules" !!!!!
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005, 08:08:17 PM »

Next board meeting 8-20 at 12:00 pm

If the authorities won't do anything then it is up to the RR owners to bring it up to the board.  Let them know this type of action is NOT acceptable under any circumstances.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 09:11:21 PM »

I don't know if this is post hijacking, but I got to tell you guys, I chase my future wife around like a rabid dog and I sure am happy that she doesn't shot me......Now that is funny right there...

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005, 09:12:41 PM »

On a serious note, I can't believe there are people that actually can do that....dog is man's best friend sometimes....

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 09:59:26 PM »

On a serious note, I can't believe there are people that actually can do that....dog is man's best friend sometimes....

You might be a Redneck if you shoot your Dog with a 12 gauge shotgun because your mad at it.   Shocked   Those folks just live diffrently up there compared to us city people.  What he did was terrible and I hope he goes to jail for it.

J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 10:09:24 PM »

Shooting a dog is not an easy thing to do . Dogs have been shot for many reasons ....I would like to have a better understanding of the rules he felt she was breaking . If a dog runs with a pack it can develope very bad habits at night but still be a very friendly dog in the daytime in the view of the public . Nothing better than a double sided dog to make you look like a real ass , but some things look different in the country .....Many hunters have shot dogs for not trailing properly or being hard to leash . Old school dog hunters dont view them as pets but as tools ...if they dont work properly they die ...it is a very simple decision for them to make . If you dont understand the people how can you uderstand the problem.....talk to some old school fox hunters for some different points of view on this ! I am sorry for the kid who witnessed it .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
CAOSPOP

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2005, 03:40:56 AM »

JD I can see your point of view on this but just look at this as a 20th century thing. To some dogs are companions to others they are tools. I love my dog and my tools. I don't believe that you can kill an animal and cause it pain and undue suffering just cause you are having a bad day. I sorry to say but if the media gets ahold of this it will just be more ammo for them to talk ZHIT about RR. Then who else goes to RR us ATV folks that are also gonna get stuff over this. The least we could do is try to make this rihjt for that poor animal that was put into misery because of this man "having a bad day",I personally think we own this to this poor animal... just my .02 guys
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2005, 04:38:21 AM »

some things look different in the country .....Many hunters have shot dogs for not trailing properly or being hard to leash . Old school dog hunters dont view them as pets but as tools ...if they dont work properly they die ...it is a very simple decision for them to make . If you dont understand the people how can you uderstand the problem.....talk to some old school fox hunters for some different points of view on this ! I am sorry for the kid who witnessed it .

jd is right, some old school hunters kill puppies if they are not wanted and they wouldnt waist a bullit on them, they would knock them in the head. they view them as tools only. i guy i know shot a dog because it killed a $3.00 chicken. i dont agree with their point of view, but this (killing dogs) is more common than you think.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 07:56:46 AM »

I was raised on a farm, where putting animals "down" was an inexpensive way to git rid of problems. But this was always done in a humane way, as quick and painless as possible. To blow holes at close range with a shotgun sounds very cruel, and for kids to witness that sucks. But after that you have no choice but to put it down ,quickly, or you just increase it's suffering.
I am in no way condoning animal cruelty, just stating a fact of life on the farm.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com