Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I say it is time to Protest.  (Read 124486 times)
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2005, 08:57:05 AM »

I'm in. But we all need to pitch in setting it up!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »

I agree we all need to pitch in to get this started. We need someone with the ability, time and knowlage to head this thing. I will be happy to do what I can, but my job requires that I travel often and sometimes on very short notice. Maybe someone from diff. parts of the state could step up and then one person to be somewhat in charge.

I for one want to have more places to ride than just ONF, and the way that is going in will not last much longer.

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2005, 09:15:35 AM »

I am sure J.D. will pitch in and I will help. If we get one person from every county to be the "spokesperson" from that county, than it will work better. The person can "recruit" local riders and pitch in to put it all together.

I will take Broward!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2005, 11:01:48 AM »

Just my .02 cents, but....It sounds like a clean up ride...all talk and a few participants...typing on a bulletin board is easy. Showing up takes a commitment. Even if you had a protest, you would still have the wheelies, and speeders, right in front of the cameras. Face it, we can't get good press. Maybe if you got dealers involved, after all, they have a stake in our sport, something would happen. but I doubt that even they have that much commitment.

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2005, 11:03:57 AM »

Hold on. The person who started this post is a dealer. J.D. owns All Terrain of Florida and he is working harder than anyone to do something about this!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 08:11:09 AM by MuddyGurl101 » Logged

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2005, 03:49:16 PM »

Mods, can this be put @ the top of this section or just keep on bumping it on up. This is very important and we need to get something going before next March 7th.

Jim

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2005, 04:35:24 PM »

As far as I understand ....the big manufacturers are beginning to take steps on a national level that may benefit alot of the country , but here in Florida we have a very special situation . Considering the amount of land available , the value of the land , and the and the willingness of Florida Biologists to consider every other piece sensitive , WE have a very long row to Hoe......Being a dealer I am hopefull but when I close my eyes and try to envision our Sunshine state in another 20 years I cant see Florida being known as an ATV freindly state . We are at the mercy of the Sprawl....with no population control or the desire of the legislators to somewhat slow the development of our state We are destined to be a huge Metropolis ...maybe by then we can get them tagged for HWY use ...probably the only way atvs will ever be a success in the future . It is a shame soo many cold shoulders are turned on such a fantastic family activity . But you never know . Huh

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2005, 05:52:07 PM »

Well J.D. I was wondering when we would hear from you on this very important subject. I do realize that we are at the mercy of the sprawl in this state. But there are alot of forrest in this stat that are state run and only one that we can ride in. Here in the north East area is a real nice one called Jennings Forrest that you can not ride OHV's in but you can ride horses. The croos Florida trail is another example of our tax money being spent for only the loud few. WE NEED TO BE THE LOUD FEW. WE NEED TO BE VERY LOUD.

MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2005, 08:23:11 AM »

I agree with both of you but you have to realize sometimes we can be the loudest ones and still not get anything we want!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2005, 09:24:32 AM »

Passive agression . It will take alot of people getting in trouble on the same day to really bring attention to our situation .Bad news is well broadcasted news . You have to ask yourself if you are willing to go the extra mile . I can hear the news now ........Today head lines from Florida...7000 people were either ticketed or arrested for illeagally ridin OHV on the streets of florida the perpetrators were found riding the streets  in every city from Pensacola to Key West .When many of the criminals were asked why they were operating  their ATV's on public roadways the over whelming response was " We dont have any where else to operate them " It is rumored that a well know L.A . attourney is contacting those who were arrested for a possible class action case against the state . Taxation without representation .The crowds seemed to be chanting the phrase " I want my 35 dollars back ." Grin   
    Talk about getting some attention . It's not how loud you are it's your level of committment .
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 09:27:22 AM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »

I don't know about the rest of you, and I do know that only one voice will not make a diff. I would ride my ATV from my home to the Orange Park Mall to get att. like this. I still think that an organized caravan to the steps of the capital (like the bikes did over the helment law) would get us some much needed att. and no one would go to jail or lose their ATV.

Jim,

MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2005, 10:06:50 AM »

Than lets load up the bikes and head out!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2005, 12:19:44 AM »

Hold on. The person you started this post is a dealer. J.D. owns All Terrain of Florida and he is working harder than anyone to do something about this!
Oops...not directed at JD...I meant the dealers here in the DEEP south... Grin

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2005, 08:11:36 AM »

Budman: I agree with that one!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2005, 08:56:19 AM »

We might have to wait on this ride. People and the Media in Florida are only interested in Hurricanes right now Sad

jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2005, 09:37:40 AM »

If we plan, talk about and do all that can be done to set this up for March 7, 2006 the att. should be off of the hurricanes.

Jim,

MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2005, 09:38:51 AM »

Lets do it!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2005, 08:07:20 AM »

What with the rain and wind that we will be having today alot of people will be on the site dreaming and talking about being out rideing. So today would be a good day to read all the post in this thread and maybe if you fell strong enough about this make a commitment to do this.  Roll Eyes

A big long line of ATV,s from all over the state being pulled to the steps of the capital bulding. Huh

Don't let this die. Roll Eyes

jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2005, 09:15:23 AM »

This problem is not going away and has been the song that we ATV'rs sing every day. I think we need to buy our own land. it's gonna be tough getting the state or anyone to just give us land. We are a large force in Florida and together we can make it happen.

The link below is a site set up for all who are interested in taking control of this problem. It may ultimately cost a few thousand for the purchase of lands around Florida but it'll be ours.

www.Fl-atv.com  is still actively receiving sign ups for those who are interested in purchasing our own riding land. We're getting close to having the numbers and commitment from many riders for opening the first facility. We still need many more though. We have riders who have signed up over a year ago - committed riders to this cause. We can make this happen but we need everyone to PLEASE spread the word. The more riders we have signed up the less it'll cost everyone and the more facilities we can open.

nuf said - thanks
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2005, 10:03:26 AM »

There acres and acres of land that is owned by the state and federal goverment that you can not ride on. In my aera ther is the Jennings State Forest and Camp Blanding that I know of and in west Florida there is the Eglin AFB reservation one of the largest miletary installation in the workd all that you can not ride on. I am sure that others know of more. Some of this federal and state land allows hunters in in there trucks but will not allow ATV's. All of this land is paid for and maintained by our tax dollers. So why should we not have access to this land, that is what I for one would like. I am not asking the state or federal goverment to buy land just let us use what they have. Yes I know that the tree huggers will not want us to use the land because it MIGHT Huh endanger the green tree rat of which there are only 2 left in the world and they MIGHT Huh want to move 300 miles across the state.

Just let me use what I pay for. Most of this land just sits there and nobody uses it for anything.

Lower or get rid of the land owners liability so he will let us ride on his land without fear that someone will get hurt and then some lawyer that has a TV ad will sue him.

Some years ago ther was a very good place to ride here in Clay County, it is now closed off with no tresspassing signs, the reason. A young boy riding a ATV to big for him with no helment got hurt after his parents had taken him thereto ride. They sued the land owner and won because the land owner did not have signs and a fence around the property. This is the kind of thing that has runied it and has the owners sceared to let people ride on there property.

OK time to stop as I am bored and do tend to go on.

Jim,

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2005, 07:58:51 PM »

Oh we are not alone for atv people.

go get dirt wheels magzine for july iuess 2005

check out page 28  in dirt wheels

title:Quit trashing our ride areas

something said in ariticel  about on some
 news reports of the forest service  closing trails
some riding areas were sheer with trash.

go read it in dirt wheels  so you will understand
it's saying  in there.

I feel so sorry for that  atv rider.

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
qt314nfla

« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2005, 08:30:27 PM »

Always the same battle always the same response.  I agree to get anything done there must be organization.  Set up a comittee and create a goal and plan.  Ask for mentors that understand more about how politics actually work so that the right avenues are taken.

We can all show up in Tallahassee and get publicity, but it won't get anything changed.  In order for them to make laws there has to be a working bill on the floor.  We can send letters to all the people we want but we need to be organized and know what bills we are asking them to stand for.

I know of the T. Mark Schmidt law that was passed.  Did it fizzle out or is it still active.  What I'm basically saying is in order to get organized there needs to be alot of research.

Bottom line is what budman said.  Many talk, very few if any ever commit.  That would require them reading boring legislative stuff and studying like they were in school.   Let's be honest, how many people really enjoyed school?  (I'm a sick one, I did and spent 9 years in college for my 2 degrees.)  For the majority of us this is  family sport.  Lets really get honest.  We want to enjoy the hobby w/ our family but we can't create time in our busy lives (work, kids, practices, etc).  Essentially we are too busy w/ our lives to work on preserving or creating new options for this sport.

It takes money and time and getting dealers and magazines involved is a great start.  No place to ride no quad sales.  No quad sales no shops.  It's all about the benjamin's any way you look at it. 

Some other considerations are doing research on other states parks and how they keep their riding areas maintained and financed.  Asking for land or anything else w/o anything in clear writing would be like going to the bank for a business loan with out doing a business plan or showing how your are going to provide proof that you can pay the loan.  They will laugh at us.

I'm willing to commit to creating a plan over the next year and working towards our goals.  Just let me know when and where.  Of the 2K on here I'm sure there will only be 5 that actually put up.
qt314nfla

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2005, 08:32:41 PM »

FYI:  I have been to Washington and met w/ most of the senators and congress ppl to politic chiropractic laws and bills.  I'm not just some idiot w/o a clue.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:17:51 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
qt314nfla

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2005, 09:18:05 PM »

I have Friday's off and I would be more than happy to make donate that day of my time to researching and putting together information for the cause.
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2005, 11:50:06 AM »

FYI:  I have been to Washington and met w/ most of the senators and congress ppl to politic chiropractic laws and bills.  I'm not just some idiot w/o a clue.

Did someone call you an idiot Huh

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com