Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I say it is time to Protest.  (Read 124575 times)
CAOSPOP

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2005, 07:00:02 PM »

I got a response letter too from the person that respondended to the letter.
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2005, 02:32:31 AM »

we also need the get the manufactures involved. they are also effected and have a staff of lawyers on hand. maybe we should start contacting them as well. they may
have paid lobbyest in tallahassee and if they dont they should.
as much as i love to get on a quad and go where ever i want, i know those days are numbered. there is too little land and too much pressure on it. i could live with a trail system in ocala as long as it was a good well maintained 100+ mile system. there are just too many people riding to crowd them into a 35 mile lame azz trail.

jeff

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
MotoMike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2005, 04:47:40 AM »

Protest, protest, protest!  lol

I am in for whatever...don't have any famous people in my family so I can't help there, but I am willing to do whatever, just let me know (with exceptions of course [smiley=Wacko.gif])!

Mike
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2005, 05:35:24 AM »

OLN and MENS Channel networks may be able to help. They must realize the importance of this or they will be one show short.

http://www.olntv.com/showviewer.asp?sid=90

www.fishersatvworld.com

HondaBeaterSFL

I shoulda packed a lunch or two.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2005, 06:46:43 AM »

We have posted a number of good ideas, but if we just chat and never go to bat, we wont resolve anything. Someone should contact the manufacturers, and OLN,ect... Someone that is good with words. Also today would be a good day to start, not after two weeks of chating on the board. Hope I dont sound like a jerk, but action speaks.

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2005, 09:34:32 AM »

So, Bush is too good to respond to your letter, Mrs Nightbreed?  I guess he is too busy with other certain taxpayers.  Unbelievable.  
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2005, 10:23:33 AM »

I like the idea of a slow caravan to the capital steps. We could start in South Fl up 75 to 10 also from Jacksonville on 10 and from West Fl on 10. Only go the min. speed of 40 MPH all the way. ATV loaded on trailers and trucks with banners and such. This would be leagel and would get someones att. As long as we did not ride on the streets all would be OK. Huh

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2005, 10:56:13 AM »

I LOVE that idea. With the right coordiation we could all meet up at certain exits at certain times so by the end of it (Tallahassee) we would all be in a line together. It would be totally legal (just be sure to have as my quads in your truck/trailer as possible). WE could even get with local shops to post flyers on the date/times so there would be TONS of people... maybe even advertise with radio stations, tv, newspaper, banners, etc.. It would definately have to be HUGE! to get enough attention of the right kind.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2005, 11:44:33 AM »

oh yeah,,,,,45mph all the way to the capital,,,,,,thats what I like.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
1slowfox

Its just another slow banshee !!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2005, 11:54:19 AM »

I'am down for a protest , as long as I dont get arrested .  Grin

I mean , I dunno how you look at this but if the president can get involved with the taking a feeding tube out of a lady who is basically lifeless and has no feeling .. I'am sure we can get out poitn across .. I know that probably not a good  way to look at it but aren't there more important things in the world going on beside the death of a single person ? I mean people die everyday !

ED
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 11:56:18 AM by 1slowfox » Logged

I <3 Fiberglass !
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2005, 12:01:07 PM »

Ya'll make me proud ! [smiley=Cry.gif] I love it when a plan comes together . We should do it when Tallahassee is getting alot of attention for whatever reason. Put on all our gear and steal the spotlight .
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 12:04:19 PM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2005, 12:19:02 PM »

Sounds like a plan  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
A group can start in Miami on 95 and one in Naples on 75 and start heading north, and at each exit more merge with the group all the way to I-10 then to Tallahassee

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »

I'm up for taking a vacation day for this,,,,gotta be done on a week day.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2005, 12:41:52 PM »

I can just see Bush and Cheney laughing all the way to the bank after a caravan across state trip with today's gas prices.

Nothing great was ever done without sacrafice.  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 12:42:35 PM by TRX350_On_The_Rack » Logged

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2005, 03:40:33 PM »

I don't know how far I can get with it but my Uncle sells Racing insurance to Dragsters and Motorcylce racers he might know someone. I'll give him a call this weekend and see what comes of it. Another thing is Bush is already getting alot of attention b/c of this Terri Savio stuff. Let someone at a news channel ask him some questions to see about his "legal tactics"  And how he's helping the "other floridians". I'll get some info and see what else can be done. Let's do what's got to be done to keep everyones rights!

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2005, 04:19:03 PM »

I can just see Bush and Cheney laughing all the way to the bank after a caravan across state trip with today's gas prices.

Nothing great was ever done without sacrafice.  Shocked

well, another good thing about going slow is you get better gas mileage than doing 70,,,,at least in most vehicles.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
CAOSPOP

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2005, 04:21:19 PM »

I take it you guys like my caravan idea  Roll Eyes
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2005, 04:43:12 PM »

I am definately up for the caravan idea and will take as many days out of work as needed, lol. I also think that it needs to be set up AT LEAST a month ahead of time so that there is no room for error (legally wise anyway) and that way we can post flyers at local ATV shops. It will definately take  ALOT of people to make our voices heard... the more the better (Nothing says attention like 1000 pickup trucks doing 45mph all the way up I95)

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2005, 05:31:59 PM »

I take it you guys like my caravan idea  Roll Eyes

dang skippy.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2005, 05:33:57 PM »

I am definately up for the caravan idea and will take as many days out of work as needed, lol. I also think that it needs to be set up AT LEAST a month ahead of time so that there is no room for error (legally wise anyway) and that way we can post flyers at local ATV shops. It will definately take  ALOT of people to make our voices heard... the more the better (Nothing says attention like 1000 pickup trucks doing 45mph all the way up I95)

media attention, and a senator or two wouldn't hurt.

I'll see what I can do about talking to a senator, or congressman.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
dreth

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2005, 06:47:28 PM »

im glad everyone else is as mad now as i have been for a while!

it will take more than a thousand vehicles to make a difference. there are over 15 million people in this state so we will have to come atlest 2500 strong. if we head to tallahassee and flood the whole legal area with trucks and trailors full of quads we will get some attention.

i had another idea that would be a good warm up and publicity stunt leading up to this main protest.............i say we pick 6 locations in florida and everyone meet at 1 of the locations closest to you on a set date so that the media would be there for  the event( no riding but bring quads) ! this would get some exposure going and reach those of us that dont watch our site, this could make our numbers larger and give us an idea as to who or how many care enough to help our cause. then we set a date atleast a month later for preperation and head to tallahassee Grin

6 meeting places are as follows
jacksonville
tallahassee area
gainsville
orlando
tampa
ft.lauderdale

lets say april the 30th 2005!

we one need volunteer in each area to contact their local news station and get them there
we also need one volunteer in each area to find a suitable place to meet at that will attract attention, have enough parking and no laws are broken.

WHOS IN?
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2005, 08:38:44 PM »

That will be cool.I will see you guys-gals on tv maybe when protest is happen.I might record it on tvio.lol Grin

well if  your riding  at nat forests  in FL  where atvs  at
you should have people go there and past out flyers to riders
at main enterace at park.And have people to  do past flyers out to people at Mx tracks and local race track and local mx tracks.They have local dirt race track here in lake city.And another thing try pasting out flyers  at bikes shops and biker people  like bikefest and that might help alot. Smiley

Also We need doug gust  helping flighting this atv support.. Cool

Thanks  Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 08:45:41 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
CAOSPOP

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2005, 01:47:11 AM »

I think the highway rest ares are goin to be best.
dreth

« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2005, 04:03:44 AM »

I think the highway rest ares are goin to be best.

i was thinking more like a mall parking lot so lots of people will ask whats going on
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2005, 04:23:33 AM »

Even if we do the smaller get-togethers before the big Tallahassee thing, flyers need to be posted at local shops so that we get more attention. No offense, but it would be a waste of our time if only the members of AtvFl showed up.

And April 30th? Now that's a little soon, I doubt we would get the word out to enough people to even make a small impact in that amount of time, the fine details would have to be set up a few months in advance so that more people will be able to attend (The more the better, remember??).

What would be helpful is if someone could get in contact with anyone who has done a protest like this before. We need to know the legalities, work on all details of the event, advertise so we get AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE, and do anything else we can do. There's got to be a lot of behind the scenes stuff. If Id@ can talk to a senator then we could find out more of what we can do. Also, why not try having some of the BIG companies help with the event.... someone could call Honda, Yamaha etc... and maybe even some large shops and other companies Ex: Seminole Powersports, Elka, Dirt Rider Mag, etc. The big wigs at these companies would definately be able to help us out (at least if they are willing to). They have the money, they have the knowledge and resources, and they should be able to realize the problem we're having and what it could mean to them.

There is defiantely a lot more planning that needs to be done before we start setting dates, lol. We dont want to waste our time and hurt our cause more then we help it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com